PDA

View Full Version : Blur ridge windshield on my F3

Genet
02-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Today I installed the blue ridge windshield on my F3,install was easy,it looks great and works perfectly .went on an hour ride and what a difference.
i also moved the foot pegs from 3 to 4 and really like the change,my legs are pushed forward a little more but just the right distance.
tomorrow I'm adding kury ISO clamshell grips.i heard an F3 with the stock muffler and the cat removed,OMG,nice sound,I ordered my bypass and will be installed next Friday.
i love this machine,it's just awesome.

DeanerBeaner
02-12-2015, 08:57 PM
Could you get the measurement of the windshield for me length / height and width thanks. I'm sure I won't be disappointed with it.

GunDoctor
02-12-2015, 09:16 PM
Genet, I have to tell you the stock exhaust with the bypass is the best combo. I was going to get another pipe, but this works so well and the sound is the best. You will notice a total different sound from idle when you take off and put a load on the pipe...love it.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Genet
02-12-2015, 09:23 PM
Thanks,I can't wait to get it done.
i was going to get the tailgunner,but I think I will just do this.
the guy that owned the one I heard today also said the performance is even better,I can't imagine it could get better.

GunDoctor
02-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Right! I just listened to the Tailgunner pipe and honestly don't care for that sound, just not for me.

Grandpaspeed
02-13-2015, 12:38 AM
Genet, I have to tell you the stock exhaust with the bypass is the best combo. I was going to get another pipe, but this works so well and the sound is the best. You will notice a total different sound from idle when you take off and put a load on the pipe...love it.

If you do the bypass does the tuner need to be changed so it doesn't run too lean? Thanks in advance for your help.

Chupaca
02-13-2015, 12:47 AM
You've been busy and you have plans..thats great. Pictures and audio when your done. Just saw Lamonts video of the F3 with the gunslinger exhaust (too loud)..congrats on your mods...:2thumbs::ohyea:

den1953
02-13-2015, 07:37 AM
I am thinking with your foot controls at #4 position you must be a tad bit shorter than I am. I'm six feet tall and will need the #5 kit for sure. The Blue Ridge windshield will no doubt be my windshield too although I wonder whether or not I'll be too tall for it. As for the exhaust, I'll leave it alone for a while so I can afford other things like a passenger backrest, auxiliary lights and a set of saddlebags.

jneg2
02-13-2015, 10:29 AM

And where is this bypass available? I must have missed that info.
Thanks!

GunDoctor
02-13-2015, 10:41 AM
Call Pitbull and ask for Whit. 417-863-1418.

Lamonster
02-13-2015, 10:47 AM

I think I have two left in stock and 10 more on order. :doorag:
http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/primary-muffler-replacment-pipe-1330/

Grandpaspeed
02-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Today I installed the blue ridge windshield on my F3,install was easy,it looks great and works perfectly .went on an hour ride and what a difference.
i also moved the foot pegs from 3 to 4 and really like the change,my legs are pushed forward a little more but just the right distance.
tomorrow I'm adding kury ISO clamshell grips.i heard an F3 with the stock muffler and the cat removed,OMG,nice sound,I ordered my bypass and will be installed next Friday.
i love this machine,it's just awesome.
Thank you for all your input. I am looking into the Blue Ridge windshield also so would you please let me know how tall you are and do you look over it or through it.

RPM
02-13-2015, 06:47 PM
Thank you for all your input. I am looking into the Blue Ridge windshield also so would you please let me know how tall you are and do you look over it or through it.

I have been ryding around with my Blue Ridge windshield and I think it does a fairly good job at redirecting the wind around me. Still some onto my helmet but I'm sure my Shoei modular helmet is mostly to blame for the slight "buffeting". I am 5' 8" and I am looking over the windshield. Aesthetically, it looks very good on the F3 and follows the lines well.

Robert

Grandpaspeed
02-13-2015, 08:12 PM
I have been ryding around with my Blue Ridge windshield and I think it does a fairly good job at redirecting the wind around me. Still some onto my helmet but I'm sure my Shoei modular helmet is mostly to blame for the slight "buffeting". I am 5' 8" and I am looking over the windshield. Aesthetically, it looks very good on the F3 and follows the lines well.

Robert
Thank you for the info. I'm also 5' 8" so it should work for me also. Can it be removed easy so I can go back and forth with the spoiler one. The only time I use a windshield is when I travel or winter months.

RPM
02-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Thank you for the info. I'm also 5' 8" so it should work for me also. Can it be removed easy so I can go back and forth with the spoiler one. The only time I use a windshield is when I travel or winter months.

I couldn't say for sure as I had the dealer install it but I would imagine it is relatively easy. Someone who installed it themself can chime in on that for you. You will definitely like the windshield.

Have fun!

one2doo
02-13-2015, 09:38 PM
I installed mine it's easy 4 screws.

OJ UK
02-14-2015, 08:17 AM
If you do the bypass does the tuner need to be changed so it doesn't run too lean? Thanks in advance for your help.

No. Modern ECUs can cope with fairly large swings in exhaust flow. My RS-S had a Hindle fitted and didn't run so lean it would
cause problems.

GunDoctor
02-14-2015, 10:52 AM
I'm 5'9" and for the most part look over it, except maybe 10 feet right in front is through it. It is really perfect for me.