PDA

View Full Version : Nascar practice. ..

mowin
02-12-2015, 04:00 PM
Its finally here. :yes: The first practice is tomorrow @5pm. The Sprint Unlimited is Saturday @ 8pm.

Wounder if there's any superstitious drivers. Tomorrow is Friday the 13th after all.

ARtraveler
02-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the reminder about the race. Sounds like I know what I will be doing Saturday at 4:00 PM. :yes:

mowin
02-12-2015, 04:22 PM
The Budweiser duels are the 19th. Unfortunately I won't be able to watch them. It's my wife's b-day, and I'm taking her out to dinner. And I absolutely hate watching sports on DVR. Think she'll be mad if I give my phone more attention than her during dinner.:lecturef_smilie:

Bob Denman
02-12-2015, 05:54 PM
Well; she's had lots of birthdays... she should cut you some slack... THIS time! :D

However... :lecturef_smilie::shocked: be prepared for the potential consequences! :roflblack:

mowin
02-12-2015, 06:21 PM
Well; she's had lots of birthdays... she should cut you some slack... THIS time! :D

However... :lecturef_smilie::shocked: be prepared for the potential consequences! :roflblack:

Her comment was "my birthday only comes once a year". Umm, so do the duals...:dontknow:..

Orange Spyder Man
02-13-2015, 08:43 AM
it will be interesting to see the changes... drivers, teams, sponsors.. and of coarse this year's stand outs !

osm

Bob Denman
02-13-2015, 08:55 AM
5:00 pm tonight; they'll be on the track for practice!! :yes::ohyea::yes:

mowin
02-13-2015, 04:38 PM
5:00 pm tonight; they'll be on the track for practice!! :yes::ohyea::yes:

Its 4:35 and I'm at Ruby Tuesdays for a early v-day dinner with the misses.:banghead:

Edit: Made it home for the final practice.:ohyea:

Bob Denman
02-13-2015, 06:52 PM
This new aero and engine package appears faster than they anticipated... :2thumbs:
They were throwing around speeds of 196 or so, and we've already seen one driver top 200...

...Although the bats in his belfry may have been helping him gain some extra thrust... :roflblack:

ARtraveler
02-13-2015, 07:16 PM
This new aero and engine package appears faster than they anticipated... :2thumbs:
They were throwing around speeds of 196 or so, and we've already seen one driver top 200...

...Although the bats in his belfry may have been helping him gain some extra thrust... :roflblack:

What do you think? Is Danica done after this year? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
02-13-2015, 07:25 PM
This is a VERY tough one to call... :shocked:
Remember; there's about 43 racers on the entire Planet that are good enough to do this...
She's probably not so happy with her results, but she has shown improvement in each Season.
I'd like to see her stick around for about three more years, and let her experience level come up a bit before making the decision to pull the plug on this lucrative marketing machine...
Second practice: they're in the 196 mph range now...

mowin
02-13-2015, 08:33 PM
Tuff call, she's a marketing gold mine, for now. I can see that changing if she doesn't improve faster than she has been.

Did anyone watch the show after the practice? It was about the '79 Daytona 500. The sponsors on the cars bring back memories. Mellow Yellow was one of the ones I've forgotten about. Any others you remember that are no longer?

DJFaninTN
02-13-2015, 09:25 PM
if Danica were a guy, she would have been booted by now. just sayin

Bob Denman
02-14-2015, 08:24 AM
Tuff call, she's a marketing gold mine, for now. I can see that changing if she doesn't improve faster than she has been.

Did anyone watch the show after the practice? It was about the '79 Daytona 500. The sponsors on the cars bring back memories. Mellow Yellow was one of the ones I've forgotten about. Any others you remember that are no longer?

I wish that I had the chance to see that show; I remember watching it, and thinking; "This is gonna be more fun than anyone should be allowed to have!" :D

Bob Denman
02-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Congratulations to Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson for taking the front row...
:yes::yes::clap: :2thumbs::yes::yes:
Now, we just have to see what Thursday brings us...

mowin
02-15-2015, 03:18 PM

This is supposed to be Gordon's last 500. Like to see him win, but pole sitter has only won the 500 9 times. Gordon did in 1999.

ARtraveler
02-15-2015, 03:31 PM

Yes, it was very interesting. They went through a fair number of vehicles so far...:yikes::yikes:

The consensus also seems that some drivers are not real happy with the "demolition derby" format for qualifying. :bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
02-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Ask Clint Bowyer about how much HE loves this qualifying format... :gaah::cus::cus::cus::gaah: :roflblack:

ARtraveler
02-15-2015, 03:43 PM
Ask Clint Bowyer about how much HE loves this qualifying format... :gaah::cus::cus::cus::gaah: :roflblack:

He did say some interesting things. Its already on buzzing on the internet. :thumbup: