PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Kentucky/Lake Barkley Spyder Ride.

connie9003
02-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Hey guys i'm planning our October 2-4, 2015 ride.

Please make sure we thank our Vendors they don't have to support us but I'm glad they do!
http://www.wrapmyspyder.com/
https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=88
http://www.spyderflap.com/products.html
http://www.shopspyderlovers.com/
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68222-2014-Girls-on-Spyders-shirts&p=820366#post820366
http://dochumphreys.wix.com/roadster
http://www.robsperformance.com/
http://lidlox.com/

Our dinner reservations have been made for FRIDAY night. We will be dinning at "Tom's Grille" located directly across the street from one of our host hotel "Holiday Inn"
Reservations are at 6:30 and they are newly renovated and we have the whole back room to our selves. I have never had a bad meal or bad service there. You will love it.

Our choices for dinner will be 1) Domitri's Chicken 2) Pork Chop & 3) Cajun Shrimp Alfredo

Our route is planned ! Our morning ride is about 125 +/- miles of nice twisty back roads.
We will leave the Kroger Fuel Station @ 8:00 am.

R on 641 North

R @ Highway 80

R @ Off ramp to "The Trace" in LBL

L @ "The Trace" Hwy 100/453

R @ Hyw 133

R @ Hwy 134

R @ Hwy 68/80

L @ side road to "Wrangers Campgrounds"

L @ Hwy 165

R @ Hwy 165 to Stop

Cross over "The Trace" to Hwy 172

L @ Hwy 206

R @ Hwy 206

R @ Hwy 230

L @ Hwy 79

Fuel Stop @ Exxon Mobil on Right

Head back in LBL on "The Trace'" Hwy 453

L @ Hwy 68/80

R @ Hwy 68

Arrive @ "The Brass Lantern" for Lunch on Right

Total Estimated Miles

Our stop for lunch on Saturday will be at the http://www.brasslanternrestaurant.com/ . I have been going there for years, the owners are wonderful. They are not usually open for lunch but they are doing it for us. They have put together a "plan ahead" menu for us. Please look for the menu in the above thread and email (connie9003@gmail.com) me your choices for lunch. We need to give them a heads up on what we would like and how many of us there will be.

Choose between; chopped steak with green peppers/onions or chicken picatta
Then Choose two out of the three sides: mashed potatoes, broccoli and Caesar salad
Let me know If you would like Mushrooms for a $1.50 Upcharge.
Drink $2.00

After lunch we have an OPTIONAL ride to see one of LBL's hidden treasures. https://www.explorekentuckylake.com/explorations/Ststevens.htm The reason I say optional is it involves a 1.8 mile gravel road. Wasn't sure how many of you wanted to take your spyders off roading. I have been told this is a must see. I was able to do a dry run and it is really cool.

Trace N 12.5 Miles R at Hwy 117
4.2 Miles to Hwy 122 (Bethlehem Cemetery) Turn R
go .5 Miles to GRAVEL ROAD on left Turn L
Church is 1.8 miles

We will be creeping down this road to make sure we don't damage our bikes or kick up as little dust as possible.

For those of you who do not wish to go on the optional Off road adventure. Make your first stop in LBL at the welcome station to find out all the sites to see on the paved roads. Just don't forget dinner @ 6:30 :)

Our dinner reservations for Saturday night 6:30 is at a new establishment in Murray. We have a whole room to our selves and our own servers :) https://www.facebook.com/Tap-216-1410766455902377/timeline/
I'm looking forward to trying out the new place. I went in there and checked it out it looks like we will fit right in. :)

I have contacted a few hotels to get us some discounted rates.

1) Holiday Inn. Rate Code KLB (Kentucky Lake/Barkly Spyder Ride) they are giving us a discounted rate of $90.00 270-759-4449
https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&biw=1093&bih=538&q=Holiday+Inn+Express+%26+Suites+Murray+Murray,+KY&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDQwIHm5SwuaWFkbGZqamJ gYGRiaWhmbmRiRI2QS-2jPyS1JziIP7c0qKixEqF7NS8ktLk7MooSYiEQmaeApqUnIj-FNmAqFV-By7y_7m3pdp_VvRXAPZvz_99AAAA&npsic=0&rlst=fn&rllg=fn&tbs=lf:1,lf_hd:-1,lf_maxhp:-1,lf_maxhpitems:-1,lf_hc:-1&ei=y0DuVKbuC8qxyASht4AI&ved=0CDUQyTMwAw

2) Hampton Inn: Their normal rate is $149.00 but the manager is giving us a discounted rate for $134.00. They are holding 15 rooms for us until 09/18/2015 any reservations not made by then will be reg price if available. Their number is 270-767-2226
https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&biw=1093&bih=538&q=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Murray+Murray,+KY&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDQwIHm5SwhbG5pYmpsZmx kYGRmbGpqYWFsRI2QS-2jPyS1JziIP7c0qKixEqF7NS8ktLk7MooSYiEQmaeAprU1WVBc 6TVP756-H6PcHiYzIQjN0qOAQAihf25fQAAAA&npsic=0&rlst=fn&rllg=fn&tbs=lf:1,lf_hd:-1,lf_maxhp:-1,lf_maxhpitems:-1,lf_hc:-1&ei=y0DuVKbuC8qxyASht4AI&ved=0CCMQyTMwAA

If i'm not mistaken both hotels have an indoor pool :)

Keep checking for updates as I am working on it.

If anyone wants to reach me my number is 270-293-3401 (text are welcome) and my email is Connie9003@gmail.com

Confirmed Guest List
1) Connie9003: Me-Connie & Hubby (Unless he ditches us mid ride again lol )
3) Gunner02 & Charlotteweb
4) Patrick Hickey
6) Schlic & Spyderlady (Linda Austin) .L
7) KatLen0405: Kathy .L
9) Jthornton: JT & Neldia .L
11) Patty & Toysinattic: Paul & Patty .L
13) Cyclelover63 & Denise .L
15) Big Mike: Mike and Lenise Moore .L
17) Wendy & Jim Ash
19) 8legs: Tina Morgan, Pat Briney Morgan .L
21) Woodstock: Don and Sharon Boll .L
23) Aunt & Uncle geezer: Jerry & Carole
25) Dukes of Spartan TN: Dave & Nancy .L
27) Exditchdigger: Ken & Nancy .L
29) Sdericks: Sue & Jerry .L
30) Metman: Mike Wallace .L
32) Explorer53525: Greta Guth +1 .L
33) Andrea Diestelow (Arriving late not sure fri dinner?) .L
35) BMW Ben Witt & Linda .L
37) Walter & Linda Engelke .L
39) Kim DeMorse Harvey & Brother .L
40) Al Simmons (spideral11)
42) Dave & Michelle Maxwell .L
46) Pam Smith Jordan +3 .L (2)
48) Tom Stanley +1 .L
50) Terrill & Janeen Allies .L

?) Hillrider & Tweety (Maybe)
?) Carl & Julie Quick .L (Bike Trouble)

Schlic
02-11-2015, 08:30 PM
A few extra miles, makes me :)..... Murray as the home base is OK with me. I would like to see it take place the first weekend in October again, same as last year :pray:. Keep us posted:ohyea:

connie9003
02-11-2015, 08:37 PM
Yes same weekend I have it in the SL Calendar of Events.

A few extra miles, makes me :)..... Murray as the home base is OK with me. I would like to see it take place the first weekend in October again, same as last year :pray:. Keep us posted:ohyea:

metman
02-11-2015, 08:38 PM
Moving the base to Murray sounds good. We can all stay at your house, right?

Instead of just riding the Trace, how about some of the paved side roads in LBL? I rode a few of them on my return trip back to KY from Illinois the end of last October and liked it.

And that liquor at the Lake Barkley side on 68 to stock up on Apple Sin.

One other thing we need to do this time is take up a collection for all your hard work and effort.

Mike in KY

jthornton
02-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Sounds like fun and Murry works for me so long as I don't have to go into the Briggs plant and work LOL.

JT

Gunner 02
02-24-2015, 04:01 PM
Agree with Metman on taking up a collection Connie. We had a blast and will be back this year too (Charlotteweb and Gunner 02). Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Moving the base to Murray sounds good. We can all stay at your house, right?

Instead of just riding the Trace, how about some of the paved side roads in LBL? I rode a few of them on my return trip back to KY from Illinois the end of last October and liked it.

And that liquor at the Lake Barkley side on 68 to stock up on Apple Sin.

One other thing we need to do this time is take up a collection for all your hard work and effort.

Mike in KY

SPYD3R
02-24-2015, 05:12 PM
WHAT ABOUT INVITING US GUYS FROM THE QUAD-STATE AREA: NC, SC, GA & TN........ :lecturef_smilie:
we'd like to join in if you don't mind.... more details please.... PM me if you'd like...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

connie9003
02-24-2015, 05:22 PM
you are all welcome feel free to give me a call I haven't got all the details together yet but our home base this year is going to be Murray Kentucky we have lots of hotels there and great places to eat it's a small town with a little bit a big town showing up call me at 270 29 33401 thanks
WHAT ABOUT INVITING US GUYS FROM THE QUAD-STATE AREA: NC, SC, GA & TN........ :lecturef_smilie:
we'd like to join in if you don't mind.... more details please.... PM me if you'd like...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

cyclelover63
03-15-2015, 08:57 AM
Hi Connie....Thanks again for all you do!...Would you please add me and my wife,Denise,to your list?....:yes::yes:

patty
03-20-2015, 08:31 PM
toysinattic and I would like to join you this year. Please add Paul and Patty Hlebasko to the list,:ohyea:

Brogers57
04-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Not sure if I will be joining or not, will see. One thing to note that some may not, if you have any insurance through KFB then you get a 20% off Choice Hotels and Wyndham hotels. Debating on if I can make the ride or not.

jthornton
04-23-2015, 05:27 AM
Don't forget to add JT and Nelida to the list.

JT

KatLen0405
05-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Lenny and I will be there for sure. I've got it on the calendar. Since I'm kinda free-styling :ohyea::ohyea: (that's what Lenny calls it) for work now, then I can take more time to ride! :yes::yes::yes::yes:

Can't wait to see you again and hug your neck girl!

Kathy & Lenny Paxton

SpyderLady
06-18-2015, 05:40 PM
Please add Schlic and me to the list of attendees.

jthornton
06-24-2015, 04:21 PM
I can't wait for this great Spyder get together and ride, it's one of my favorites.

Thanks Connie!

JT

dukeBlue48
06-26-2015, 12:50 PM
Bring tents who ever can't fit in the house or camper can camp in the yard. No collection needed glad to do it. I can defiantly incorporate back roads of LBL in our ride.

Count me in for the Oct run at Lake Barkely.
:bowdown:
:bowdown:dukeBlue from Clarksville. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=110371&stc=1

sdericks
06-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Sue & Jerry Dericks

Big Mike
07-08-2015, 10:47 AM
We are looking forward to it. Count us in!
Mike& Lenise Moore

connie9003
07-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Who remembers who won the door prize "Spyder Cover" last year ?

Also for those who came last year Keep the Distillery in your prayers for those who don't know. There was an explosion and one young man died and the second has 80% burns. He is now home recovering and doing as well as can be expected. They bent over backwards for us last year So just say a few words on their FB Page maybe if you can to keep up there spirits. My understanding is they are planning on rebuilding.

https://www.facebook.com/SilverTrailDistillery?fref=nf

Exditchdigger
07-10-2015, 02:21 PM
Ok guys plans are in the works time to give me a heads up so I can get a body count. I've edited the itinerary as well. Let me know if I get your names and user names messed up or duplicated I have dizzy moments you know :)

Hi Connie, Add Ken & Nancy Nix to your list User name exditchdigger

8LEGS
07-20-2015, 10:59 AM
You can add Tina Morgan and Pat Morgan to the list.

See you all soon!

Explorer53525
07-20-2015, 07:45 PM
If Pat, Tina, Kathy Lenny and Freda are all heading down from Indiana I guess I better join the migration. Add me to the list!

Woodstock
07-21-2015, 01:01 AM
Count us in on the October 2nd to the 4th event. We are coming from ND. Our daughter and her family recently moved to Benton, Kentucky . We are excited to see the area and meet all you fellow Spyder Riders. Don and Sharon Boll.

Dukes of Sparta Tn
07-21-2015, 06:22 AM
Hey Connie count on Dave and Nancy Dukes out of Sparta Tn. Sounds like fun fun fun

unclegeezer
07-21-2015, 07:07 AM
Jerry (Unclegeezer) and Carole (Auntgeezer) Goodhue. Please add us to the ride:yes:

JXVolker
07-21-2015, 09:09 PM
Confirm John Volker

Spydee8
08-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Add three more to the list!! Michael (Batman) and Melody (Dee) Keaton, and Judy McCormack. Already reserved rooms at Holiday Inn Express in Murray!! Can't wait!!

TnCharlie
08-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Reservations made.

Brogers57
08-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Still pondering about this ride! Anybody have normal temps around that time?

jthornton
08-04-2015, 05:17 AM
Still pondering about this ride! Anybody have normal temps around that time?

If you google for "average temperature october murray ky" you will get page after page of information on climate for Murray. The one I chose to look at said 72 - 49 so an average of 60°F. I live 150 miles due west of Murry and October is one fine month for riding.

JT

hillrider
08-04-2015, 02:28 PM
Tentativly add the Hillrider & Tweety

8LEGS
08-05-2015, 10:23 PM
We are booked at the Holiday Inn.

quickster47
08-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Oki doki Connie, we are registered and looking forward to a great time.

Carl

jthornton
08-20-2015, 02:02 PM
Finally remembered to make reservations at the Holiday Inn after my wife stapled a sticky note to my forehead.

Hey Connie the Holiday Inn. Rate Code is KLB not KBS. :opps:

JT

Kentuck Spyder
09-03-2015, 04:09 PM
I am working on getting the list updated so if your missing or on there twice let me know !

Connie Johnny and I have decided to sell our bike so we are having to cancel. I will call and cancel room at Holiday Inn incase someone needs to book there.

Kim.harvey66
09-03-2015, 07:36 PM
I'm so excited that I'm getting to go to the ride this year. Anyone else coming from North Alabama? I booked a room at Best Western next door to Toms Grille. Had very good reviews. Tax and all for two nights is $160. I'm pretty excited about that too. Btw...my brothers name is Rick Martin. In case you want a name. 😎

connie9003
09-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Thanks to http://www.wrapmyspyder.com/ for being our first Sponsor to confirm for this years ride. We appreciate all our Vendors you guys make our rides (Spyders) look Awesome and work well for all our needs.

SpyderLady
09-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Connie, you are doing such a a great job and all by yourself. Believe me I know what it takes to put something like this on, even small. If you need any assistance that I can give from far away, please let me know.

connie9003
09-04-2015, 11:21 AM
If Someone can volunteer to Lead the "Spirited Riders" that would be awesome. I will have the route easily mapped out with our stops and "meeting" points so we will catch up each time. That will give the other half plenty of time to catch up. We will need a few minutes at our site seeing spots for my Surprise :))))

Connie, you are doing such a a great job and all by yourself. Believe me I know what it takes to put something like this on, even small. If you need any assistance that I can give from far away, please let me know.

jthornton
09-06-2015, 06:48 AM
For me on group rides I prefer to ride a little conservative, this allows me to enjoy the ride. Count me in on the "enjoy the journey" group.

JT

connie9003
09-06-2015, 07:06 AM
I'm stealing that one . LOVE IT !!!! And enjoy it we all will. :)

For me on group rides I prefer to ride a little conservative, this allows me to enjoy the ride. Count me in on the "enjoy the journey" group.

JT

connie9003
09-06-2015, 05:17 PM
Ok right now I have the morning mapped out with some AWESOME roads its about 125 mile from start to lunch and it will include a few site seeing stops and take about 4 hours with a Fuel stop after 90 ish miles. Now that being said do you want me to add to that for the afternoon or do we want to take that time to be able to see all the attractions in Land Between the Lakes ? They have "The Home Place" the "Nature Station" and a few other interesting places to visit. So we can do those as a group and finish our day out that way or I can plan more miles. What are your thoughts. http://www.kentuckylake.com/lbl/attractions.shtml

jthornton
09-06-2015, 06:59 PM
I would like to visit the Land Between the Lakes attractions in the afternoon. Sounds like an interesting thing to do.

JT

connie9003
09-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Please take time to take a look at our list of vendors who are graciously donating our door prizes :) Make sure we thank them.

rcdurango
09-10-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm going to talk to the wife and see if we can make it. Any RV parks near your starting point? Maybe
even talk to Kentuckyguy and see if he'll join.

connie9003
09-10-2015, 03:54 PM
There are several in Land Between the Lakes and may be some in or near Kenlake State Park. I'll see what I can find out you are not the first to ask.

I'm going to talk to the wife and see if we can make it. Any RV parks near your starting point? Maybe
even talk to Kentuckyguy and see if he'll join.

connie9003
09-10-2015, 03:58 PM
When searching look around the Murray, Aurora, Golden Pond area. Those that camp in LBL you can meet us when we cross the bridge instead of driving all the way to Murray then back. It is beautiful camping there. Try to stay near the 68/80 & Trace intersection. LBL is a LARGE place and if you get to far north or south in either direction you could end up with a longer ride that expected. :)

There are several in Land Between the Lakes and may be some in or near Kenlake State Park. I'll see what I can find out you are not the first to ask.

cyclelover63
09-16-2015, 08:46 PM
I would also like to request if you are a FB member if you can add this event and the links to our thread on your FB Page. We want to get the word out and give credit to any vendors who might sponsor us.

Wonder if Doc is going to have the carrier that goes on a hitch..Looks good!

connie9003
09-17-2015, 06:55 PM
Ok so something cool happened. 1) my plan for Saturday night dinner fell through, made me sad.So I went back to where our Friday night reservation were to book it for Saturday as well, turns out no dice our room was already spoken for. So I'm like GREAT 3 weeks away and I can't find a place for us to eat (up to my expectations that is) so my brain wonders I'm like now what ???? Then I remembered this little place by the college and I thought hey I'll just look. Well it had gone our of business. But low and behold a new bigger place had taken its place . So I go in and they said thier event person was off that day and she would have to call me back. So she did and I stopped by after work and low and behold .........OMG they are giving us our own bar/restaurant. They are providing us with our own private bar tender and we'll as our own servers and we have the whole second half of the restaurant to our selves. It was great ! So I have a feeling if you guys give it the thumbs up it may be a reg stop in our little adventure. I'm so excited.

cyclelover63
09-17-2015, 08:11 PM
Your the best Connie!!!!!!!..:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown ::2thumbs: :2thumbs:

TnCharlie
09-18-2015, 07:53 AM
This will be my first Spyder event. Looking forward to seeing so many Spyders in one place.

connie9003
09-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Ok some of you asked about Camp Grounds. I have not been to this camp grounds personally but location wise it is a good spot. I would call ahead and ask about availability and size of rig etc. I can not verify condition of grounds, staff attitude or anything. I may go take a look at it this weekend since is right down from my house by the looks on the map.

https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Creek-RV-Park-Campground-544908588954688/timeline/

jthornton
09-18-2015, 04:24 PM
Ok so something cool happened. 1) my plan for Saturday night dinner fell through, made me sad.So I went back to where our Friday night reservation were to book it for Saturday as well, turns out no dice our room was already spoken for. So I'm like GREAT 3 weeks away and I can't find a place for us to eat (up to my expectations that is) so my brain wonders I'm like now what ???? Then I remembered this little place by the college and I thought hey I'll just look. Well it had gone our of business. But low and behold a new bigger place had taken its place . So I go in and they said thier event person was off that day and she would have to call me back. So she did and I stopped by after work and low and behold .........OMG they are giving us our own bar/restaurant. They are providing us with our own private bar tender and we'll as our own servers and we have the whole second half of the restaurant to our selves. It was great ! So I have a feeling if you guys give it the thumbs up it may be a reg stop in our little adventure. I'm so excited.

Connie you are a rock star!

JT

chiefspyder
09-20-2015, 01:21 PM
Dave & Michelle Maxwell from Indiana! Got our reservations!

connie9003
09-21-2015, 02:51 PM
Ok I went by the previous mentioned camp grounds and 1) I messaged them and finally heard back from them it would be $50.00 for the weekend Friday thru Sunday. The lady that owns the camp grounds is very nice and was very helpful. 2) If you are looking for a "oh it was s beautiful I cant wait to go back" site this is not it.....but they are a new campground just getting started so who knows if we support them they may be able to grow. Yes it is still in a good location BUT depending on your size rig it could be CHALLENGING to get in an out. not impossible. Hope this helps.

The other option in LBL which I do recommend is Wranglers Campgrounds. Not to far off 68/80 beautiful grounds good facilities, lots of different types of hook ups and can handle big rigs (Call ahead to make sure if you have a big rig that the site you choose can handle it. It's about a 15-20 minute drive from Murray. http://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/seendo/camping/wranglers-campground/
(http://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/seendo/camping/wranglers-campground/)

Ok some of you asked about Camp Grounds. I have not been to this camp grounds personally but location wise it is a good spot. I would call ahead and ask about availability and size of rig etc. I can not verify condition of grounds, staff attitude or anything. I may go take a look at it this weekend since is right down from my house by the looks on the map.

https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Creek-RV-Park-Campground-544908588954688/timeline/

MikeT
09-21-2015, 05:14 PM
Wonder if Doc is going to have the carrier that goes on a hitch..Looks good!

I can't make this year's ride. I have DOC's Spyder Rack & Pak. What do want to know??????? I migh be able to answer some questions.
Mike

cyclelover63
09-21-2015, 07:58 PM
I can't make this year's ride. I have DOC's Spyder Rack & Pak. What do want to know??????? I migh be able to answer some questions.
Mike

I am curious how well it is built..I have talked to two other people who had two other brands,and theirs had pretty well shook apart..They had to modify them to make them stay together..That,and just being able to size it up in person..Thanks Mike..Maybe see you next year!

connie9003
09-22-2015, 11:27 AM
$12.00 we will get The following:

Please let me know what you would like for lunch.

Then Choose two out of the three sides: mashed potatoes, broccoli and Caesar salad
Drink $2.00

Email me your choices @ connie9003@gmail.com

connie9003
09-22-2015, 11:58 AM

Spoke to the owner see the post below about the campgrounds. Very nice people.

connie9003
09-25-2015, 07:29 PM
1) I'm still waiting on several unchanged choices. I need to get those turned in by 09/28.

2) also just a note since we are such a large party "Tom's grill" has asked us to go to a Limited menu. So I picked the best of the best ! Our choices will be Demetries chicken which is my favorite, Pork chop or Cajun shrimp alfredo. I DO NOT NEED THAT CHOICE LOL.

3) if you are on the confirmed list but know you can not make the ride please let me know so I can keep accurate to the best of my abilities numbers for the restaurants.

Thank you all and ........1 more week !!! I'm ready !!

Brogers57
09-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Where is everybody staying? I'm checking to see if I can get off work early Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunner 02
09-27-2015, 07:51 PM
Lots of fun and Connie has good rides for us. This is a fun event to go to, more like a big family outing. We will see you there.

QUOTE=TnCharlie;1038221]This will be my first Spyder event. Looking forward to seeing so many Spyders in one place.[/QUOTE]

Brogers57
09-27-2015, 09:32 PM
If everything works out it will be my first one as well!

jthornton
09-28-2015, 06:24 AM
Where is everybody staying? I'm checking to see if I can get off work early Friday!

Most are staying at the Holiday Inn but I think they are booked up. The first post has info on the hotels.

JT

Brogers57
09-28-2015, 11:30 AM
Bryan Rogers - Booked at Holiday Inn. Will be coming down from Winchester KY and should make it in time for the Friday dinner!:yes:

jthornton
09-28-2015, 01:28 PM
Bryan Rogers - Booked at Holiday Inn. Will be coming down from Winchester KY and should make it in time for the Friday dinner!:yes:

Are you going to pedal all the way with a dead engine...:joke:

JT

Brogers57
09-28-2015, 04:47 PM
Haha! Since new motor install I've had no issues! *knocks on wood*

connie9003
09-28-2015, 09:46 PM
Hey hey I am still missing lots of choices for Lunch. I am suppose to get this turned in tonight. If I don't hear from you soon I can not guarantee that you will get your "Choice" for lunch. We will have to guestimate what the remaining people will want. it will be wonderful and you will be fed lol but we could run out of what you want. When you email me please include your names and SL ID's its hard for me to keep track of who is who so if I have both that would be GREAT. Thank you very much.

connie9003
09-28-2015, 09:49 PM
:yes:
Lots of fun and Connie has good rides for us. This is a fun event to go to, more like a big family outing. We will see you there.

QUOTE=TnCharlie;1038221]This will be my first Spyder event. Looking forward to seeing so many Spyders in one place.[/QUOTE]

RTJERRY
09-28-2015, 10:35 PM
Sorry to say We have to cancel. Hope to make it next year.

connie9003
09-28-2015, 10:39 PM
Can you check the confirmation list and tell me what I had you listed as so I can take it off for number purposes. Hope to see you next year.

Sorry to say We have to cancel. Hope to make it next year.

Brogers57
09-28-2015, 11:13 PM
Connie - Can add me to the list. Everybody else I'm up for riding after church visit!

Hey guys i'm planning our October 2-4, 2015 ride.

Please make sure we thank our Vendors they don't have to support us but I'm glad they do!
https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=88
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?68222-2014-Girls-on-Spyders-shirts&p=820366#post820366

Our dinner reservations have been made for FRIDAY night. We will be dinning at "Tom's Grille" located directly across the street from one of our host hotel "Holiday Inn"
Reservations are at 6:30 and they are newly renovated and we have the whole back room to our selves. I have never had a bad meal or bad service there. You will love it.

Our choices for dinner will be 1) Domitri's Chicken 2) Pork Chop & 3) Cajun Shrimp Alfredo

Our route is planned ! Our morning ride is about 125 +/- miles of nice twisty back roads.
We will leave the Kroger Fuel Station @ 8:00 am.

R on 641 North

R @ Highway 80

R @ Off ramp to "The Trace" in LBL

L @ "The Trace" Hwy 100/453

R @ Hyw 133

R @ Hwy 134

R @ Hwy 68/80

L @ side road to "Wrangers Campgrounds"

L @ Hwy 165

R @ Hwy 165 to Stop

Cross over "The Trace" to Hwy 172

L @ Hwy 206

R @ Hwy 206

R @ Hwy 230

L @ Hwy 79

Fuel Stop @ Exxon Mobil on Right

Head back in LBL on "The Trace'" Hwy 453

L @ Hwy 68/80

R @ Hwy 68

Arrive @ "The Brass Lantern" for Lunch on Right

Total Estimated Miles

Our stop for lunch on Saturday will be at the http://www.brasslanternrestaurant.com/ . I have been going there for years, the owners are wonderful. They are not usually open for lunch but they are doing it for us. They have put together a "plan ahead" menu for us. Please look for the menu in the above thread and email (connie9003@gmail.com) me your choices for lunch. We need to give them a heads up on what we would like and how many of us there will be.

Drink $2.00

After lunch we have an OPTIONAL ride to see one of LBL's hidden treasures. https://www.explorekentuckylake.com/explorations/Ststevens.htm The reason I say optional is it involves a 1.8 mile gravel road. Wasn't sure how many of you wanted to take your spyders off roading. I have been told this is a must see. I was able to do a dry run and it is really cool.

Trace N 12.5 Miles R at Hwy 117
4.2 Miles to Hwy 122 (Bethlehem Cemetery) Turn R
go .5 Miles to GRAVEL ROAD on left Turn L
Church is 1.8 miles

We will be creeping down this road to make sure we don't damage our bikes or kick up as little dust as possible.

For those of you who do not wish to go on the optional Off road adventure. Make your first stop in LBL at the welcome station to find out all the sites to see on the paved roads. Just don't forget dinner @ 6:30 :)

Our dinner reservations for Saturday night 6:30 is at a new establishment in Murray. We have a whole room to our selves and our own servers :) https://www.facebook.com/Tap-216-1410766455902377/timeline/
I'm looking forward to trying out the new place. I went in there and checked it out it looks like we will fit right in. :)

I have contacted a few hotels to get us some discounted rates.

1) Holiday Inn. Rate Code KLB (Kentucky Lake/Barkly Spyder Ride) they are giving us a discounted rate of $90.00 270-759-4449
https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&biw=1093&bih=538&q=Holiday+Inn+Express+%26+Suites+Murray+Murray,+KY&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDQwIHm5SwuaWFkbGZqamJ gYGRiaWhmbmRiRI2QS-2jPyS1JziIP7c0qKixEqF7NS8ktLk7MooSYiEQmaeApqUnIj-FNmAqFV-By7y_7m3pdp_VvRXAPZvz_99AAAA&npsic=0&rlst=fn&rllg=fn&tbs=lf:1,lf_hd:-1,lf_maxhp:-1,lf_maxhpitems:-1,lf_hc:-1&ei=y0DuVKbuC8qxyASht4AI&ved=0CDUQyTMwAw

2) Hampton Inn: Their normal rate is $149.00 but the manager is giving us a discounted rate for $134.00. They are holding 15 rooms for us until 09/18/2015 any reservations not made by then will be reg price if available. Their number is 270-767-2226
https://www.google.com/search?sa=X&biw=1093&bih=538&q=Hampton+Inn+%26+Suites+Murray+Murray,+KY&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAGOovnz8BQMDQwIHm5SwhbG5pYmpsZmx kYGRmbGpqYWFsRI2QS-2jPyS1JziIP7c0qKixEqF7NS8ktLk7MooSYiEQmaeAprU1WVBc 6TVP756-H6PcHiYzIQjN0qOAQAihf25fQAAAA&npsic=0&rlst=fn&rllg=fn&tbs=lf:1,lf_hd:-1,lf_maxhp:-1,lf_maxhpitems:-1,lf_hc:-1&ei=y0DuVKbuC8qxyASht4AI&ved=0CCMQyTMwAA

If i'm not mistaken both hotels have an indoor pool :)

Keep checking for updates as I am working on it.

If anyone wants to reach me my number is 270-293-3401 (text are welcome) and my email is Connie9003@gmail.com

Confirmed Guest List
2) Connie9003: Me-Connie & Hubby (Unless he ditches us mid ride again lol )
4) Gunner02 & Charlotteweb
6) JXVolker: John Volker & Diann .L
7) Jerry Mann
8) Patrick Hickey
9) Freda Dean-Schempp
11) Schlic & Spyderlady (Linda Austin) .L
13) KatLen0405: Kathy .L
15) Jthornton: JT & Neldia .L
17) Patty & Toysinattic: Paul & Patty .L
19) Cyclelover63 & Denise
21) Big Mike: Mike and Lenise Moore
23) Wendy & Jim Ash
25) 8legs: Tina Morgan, Pat Briney
27) Woodstock: Don and Sharon Boll
29) Aunt & Uncle geezer: Jerry & Carole
31) Dukes of Spartan TN: Dave & Nancy .L
33) Exditchdigger: Ken & Nancy .L
35) Sdericks: Sue & Jerry .L
36) Metman: Mike
37) dukeblue48
38) Explorer53525: Greta Guth +1 .L
39) Andrea Diestelow (Arriving late not sure fri dinner?) .L
41) Carl & Julie Quick .L
43) BMW Ben Witt & Linda .L
45) Walter & Linda Engelke .L
47) Kim DeMorse Harvey & Brother .L
48) Amy Criner .L
49) Al Simmons (spideral11)
51) Dave & Michelle Maxwell .L
55) Pam Smith Jordan +3 .L (2)
57) Tom Stanley +1
59) Terrill & Janeen Allies .L

?) Hillrider & Tweety (Maybe)

Brogers57
09-29-2015, 12:21 PM
Anybody want to meet up and ride down together? I'll be coming from Winchester KY

connie9003
09-29-2015, 12:42 PM
Still waiting :)

Hey hey I am still missing lots of choices for Lunch. I am suppose to get this turned in tonight. If I don't hear from you soon I can not guarantee that you will get your "Choice" for lunch. We will have to guestimate what the remaining people will want. it will be wonderful and you will be fed lol but we could run out of what you want. When you email me please include your names and SL ID's its hard for me to keep track of who is who so if I have both that would be GREAT. Thank you very much.

Brogers57
10-01-2015, 12:27 PM
Tomorrow is the big day! Here's to safe travels!

jthornton
10-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Still waiting :)

Sounds like they will get pot luck or kitchen surprise :yikes:

JT

connie9003
10-01-2015, 01:29 PM
A girl can only do so much lol

Sounds like they will get pot luck or kitchen surprise :yikes:

JT

connie9003
10-01-2015, 01:31 PM
So this storm is reeking havoc on our weather system..... We had great weather for the extended forcast and then low and behold Saturday dropped !!! Now don't get your panties in a twist. Its still going to be nice just not 70's lol Now if that storm would just get off the coast we might could get our 70's back lol

jthornton
10-01-2015, 01:57 PM
So this storm is reeking havoc on our weather system..... We had great weather for the extended forcast and then low and behold Saturday dropped !!! Now don't get your panties in a twist. Its still going to be nice just not 70's lol Now if that storm would just get off the coast we might could get our 70's back lol

I'm glad we're not riding on the eastern side of KY, it's really moist over there.

JT

Brogers57
10-01-2015, 03:18 PM
I'm glad we're not riding on the eastern side of KY, it's really moist over there.

JT

Ugh tell me about it. I have to come from that area!

cyclelover63
10-01-2015, 06:07 PM
A girl can only do so much lol

And you have done more than enough!!!!...Thank you so much!!!...:bowdown::bowdown:

connie9003
10-02-2015, 11:01 AM
Alright people put on your gear and suck it up. No hurricane is gonna ruin our party :)

And you have done more than enough!!!!...Thank you so much!!!...:bowdown::bowdown:

jthornton
10-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Alright people put on your gear and suck it up. No hurricane is gonna ruin our party :)

That crazy bunch from Missouri and Illinois are here. But we had to stop at Patti's for a late lunch and yes I forgot your pie.

JT

cyclelover63
10-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Just got home,washed the Spyder and put her to bed..Connie,you really outdid yourself this year! :bowdown: :doorag:!Weather didn't stop this group!..Also thanks to the sponsors that donated prizes....What a great weekend!

jthornton
10-04-2015, 04:32 PM
:agree:

Connie way to go, the most fun anyone can have on 3 wheels or 2. This is always my favorite ride.

I promise to bring you some pie from Patti's next year :opps:

JT

Brogers57
10-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Good to see folks getting home safe. As a 27 year old I had a very enjoyable time hanging with you guys n gals. I will be attending again! Too bad there's not 2 a year! Connie great job with everything. Nice to meet all of you!

Roadster Renovations
10-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Hope everyone had a great time!! Hope you guys liked the goodies from Roadster Renovations!! Enjoy!! Maybe we can make it next year!!

TnCharlie
10-04-2015, 06:59 PM
Home safe. Great event Connie, will be at the next one. Good to meet so many nice Spyder riders.

Brogers57
10-04-2015, 07:01 PM
Thanks to the vendors!

clinard
10-04-2015, 07:09 PM
https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?...tegory&path=88
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...366#post820366

clinard
10-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Thanks Connie. Great event, Great LBL Ride. Looking forward to many more

connie9003
10-05-2015, 10:21 AM
We did and I will be sending you pictures this week. Thank you so much.

Hope everyone had a great time!! Hope you guys liked the goodies from Roadster Renovations!! Enjoy!! Maybe we can make it next year!!

connie9003
10-05-2015, 10:23 AM
I was busy being the boss lol I didn't get to take very many pictures so Please everyone post some pictures we can all steal :)

Brogers57
10-05-2015, 08:02 PM

Exditchdigger
10-06-2015, 09:13 AM
Nancy and I want to thank you, Connie, for putting together such an awesome event! We found it to be exhilarating and challenging because of the weather. Saturday night was fun and we are sad that we had to leave soon after we ate because we were wore out! We would love to do this again next year, God willing. Exditchdigger:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

connie9003
10-07-2015, 03:03 PM
You know its bad when we are taking pictures of the food lol

connie9003
10-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Yeah we only had a few die hards left for the after after party lol

Nancy and I want to thank you, Connie, for putting together such an awesome event! We found it to be exhilarating and challenging because of the weather. Saturday night was fun and we are sad that we had to leave soon after we ate because we were wore out! We would love to do this again next year, God willing. Exditchdigger:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

jthornton
10-08-2015, 12:00 PM
More photos from the LBL ride.

Thanks again Connie
JT

connie9003
10-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Those are great

More photos from the LBL ride.

Thanks again Connie
JT

connie9003
03-16-2016, 03:50 PM
I started a new thread for 2016. I sent out an email if you did not get one please message me your email address some were not deliverable since I could not read the hand writing. Post all reply's for 2016 in the new thread please.

connie9003
08-18-2016, 10:47 AM
Hello to all ! I am trying to work on finalizing numbers and details for this years ride. So far the numbers are WAY DOWN. So i wasnt sure if anyone had missed the new thread or if maybe last year stunk and no one wants to come back :( I only have about ( that i can count) 20 people signed up for this year. So if you are planning on attending PLEASE EMAIL ME AND LET ME KNOW. Our numbers determine everything about the ride. I love it when people just show up but if I plan for 20 and 50 show it can be an issue or the same the other way around. So if you dont mind to take a minute and email me and let me know even if you are thinking about it id love to hear from you. connie9003@gmail.com Thank you in advance

connie9003
10-07-2018, 08:33 PM
https://www.facebook.com/events/515419398924749/