PDA

View Full Version : sts to f3s

greatrides
02-11-2015, 03:10 PM
I have a 2014 sts that does not like me! It's back in the shop for the third time in 6 moaths!!! So I walked over to the f3 and I'm not a big fanned of the Looks but I love how you ride on it! So my question is I've had 2 spyders first one was a rs I put 35000 miles on in less then 2 years! Second one sts I've had it 6 months and have over 9000 miles on it! So with this f3 can you lay down some miles and be in comfort? I was planning some big trips this year???!

ARtraveler
02-11-2015, 03:13 PM
You are a long mileage rider. :yes: Lots of F3's now hitting the road. Not a lot of reports about mileage and long trips happening yet.

Maybe Lamont will share his impressions on your question about miles in comfort.

vondalyn
02-11-2015, 03:44 PM
I got mine about noon last Friday and had 570 miles on it by Sunday night -- I'd say it's pretty comfortable for riding long periods of time. Make sure it's fit for you though. Many of the dealerships have parts of the U-fit system but not all the parts needed to have the "fitting dummy" set up. I thought stock foot position (#3) was comfortable when I sat on my F3-S in the store and parking lot, but within 10 miles, my left knee started yelling at me. I was going to go back and get the position 4 linkage (1 notch longer) that same day but a series of accidents that happened between us and our route back to the dealership caused us to have to change our route enough that it was easier to head home on Friday and just go back on Saturday morning. The new position made it SO much more comfortable, I could ride all day every day.

We spent most of Sunday riding 2 up, and the passenger seat is much less comfortable than the RT (the backrest is on backorder, so I'm unsure whether having one would add to the comfort or not). If you ride mostly 1-up like I do, I don't see any reason to not get it and use it for long distances. I will be.

SpyderRx
02-11-2015, 04:06 PM
I'm trying to decide between these two so this is an interesting conversation for me. I go back and forth from day to day.

greatrides
02-11-2015, 06:19 PM
I got mine about noon last Friday and had 570 miles on it by Sunday night -- I'd say it's pretty comfortable for riding long periods of time. Make sure it's fit for you though. Many of the dealerships have parts of the U-fit system but not all the parts needed to have the "fitting dummy" set up. I thought stock foot position (#3) was comfortable when I sat on my F3-S in the store and parking lot, but within 10 miles, my left knee started yelling at me. I was going to go back and get the position 4 linkage (1 notch longer) that same day but a series of accidents that happened between us and our route back to the dealership caused us to have to change our route enough that it was easier to head home on Friday and just go back on Saturday morning. The new position made it SO much more comfortable, I could ride all day every day.

We spent most of Sunday riding 2 up, and the passenger seat is much less comfortable than the RT (the backrest is on backorder, so I'm unsure whether having one would add to the comfort or not). If you ride mostly 1-up like I do, I don't see any reason to not get it and use it for long distances. I will be.

You have put some miles on it and glad to hear that it's comfortable. I'm hoping to know in the next day or so if my poor sts will get me enough money to get the F3!!! I hope we get some more feed back.

Lamonster
02-11-2015, 06:52 PM
You are a long mileage rider. :yes: Lots of F3's now hitting the road. Not a lot of reports about mileage and long trips happening yet.

Maybe Lamont will share his impressions on your question about miles in comfort.

As you may or may not know I worked with BRP for 4+ years on the F3 project and the idea was to bring a long distance cruiser style Spyder to the market. The ergos match pretty much all cruisers and I've never had a problem putting 1000 mile days on any of my cruisers and the F3 will be no different. :doorag:

greatrides
02-11-2015, 07:16 PM
As you may or may not know I worked with BRP for 4+ years on the F3 project and the idea was to bring a long distance cruiser style Spyder to the market. The ergos match pretty much all cruisers and I've never had a problem putting 1000 mile days on any of my cruisers and the F3 will be no different. :doorag:

Well looks like that answers our question!! Thank you...

Chupaca
02-11-2015, 07:41 PM
wear it. Set up right you should be able to cruise to your hearts content. Storage is greatly reduced so set yourself up with some extra bags. Even the RS has more space. A test ryde sould do the trick...:2thumbs::ohyea:

one2doo
02-11-2015, 07:45 PM
I think it's the most comfortable Spyder made so far. I will ride this one a lot further.

LV2RYDE
02-11-2015, 07:58 PM

How tall are you ?

vondalyn
02-11-2015, 08:06 PM
How tall are you ?

5' 6.5" short torso, long arms & legs. 29" inseam if that helps.

den1953
02-12-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm six feet tall and have a 32 inch inseam, so the footpegs will have to go ahead to the #5 position. I'm also heavier at 220 pounds so I'm not sure if the rear shock will need more preload to prevent bottoming out. I haven't even demoed an F3 yet, much less bought one as our Ohio Winter weather hasn't taken the hint and left yet. I'm thinking that adding my wife on the back will require more preload for sure. Other things like accessories will have to wait until I transact a purchase.

one2doo
02-12-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm 6'1" in the #5 position and boy does it sit Great!:clap: