PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions

SpyderRx
02-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Is the driver backrest for the F3 the same as the driver backrest for the RT? They sure look the same. I've read several post stating that the F3 windshield (Route 66) that was discontinued was a shield used on the ST. If it is the same windshield then why couldn't you use a calsci or other windshield for the ST on the F3. I didn't know if it was actually the same shield as the ST or if people were just comparing them because of the distortion problem. Most posters stated it was the same shield that was discontinued for the ST which would in theory make the ST and F3 windshields interchangeable. I do way to much thinking when I'm unable to ride!!

petegtsv10
02-10-2015, 10:35 PM
I'm told the windshields are similar, but not identical. The problem with Cal-Sci is going to be that they don't make brackets. (I called them) They deal only in shields to mount onto the OEM hardware.

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-10-2015, 11:39 PM
Someone needs to look at the Maadstadt Brackets in regards to the F-3..........This may be part of the solution to the windshield issue .....JMHO.......Mike ........I put a GoldWing 1200 Windshield on my 08 GS that turned with the steering , so anything is possible..