PDA

View Full Version : Slidell woman dies in motorcycle crash near Clinton

WA5VHU
02-09-2015, 08:06 PM
http://www.actionnews17.com/Headlines/slidell-woman-dies-in-motorcycle-crash-near-clinton-597344

Update:
Name is mentioned in this story.
"The crash took the life of 61 year old Debra N. Justilian of Slidell, LA."
http://www.lex18.com/story/28055943/motorcyclist-dies-in-east-feliciana-parish-crash

Still no reason known/given.

Obituary:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/theneworleansadvocate/obituary.aspx?pid=174119382

More information about who they rode with and that donations may be sent to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital:
http://fundraising.stjude.org/site/TR/Events/Tribute?pg=fund&fr_id=1341&pxfid=154881

She was apparently on a chapter ride when the accident happened:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/mildride/messages?msg=2332.1

Gator37
02-09-2015, 08:14 PM
http://www.actionnews17.com/Headlines/slidell-woman-dies-in-motorcycle-crash-near-clinton-597344

Condolences to Family and Friends. May the Peace of the Lord comfort them.

Orange Spyder Man
02-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Sad News indeed... this is near my home... prayers to her family...

osm

ARtraveler
02-09-2015, 08:17 PM
:pray::pray: and condolences to the family and friends.

jaherbst
02-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Hate to hear this. Sounds like too much speed in the corner or turn. My sympathy to the family.

PrairieSpyder
02-09-2015, 08:35 PM
So sad. My sympathies to her family.

Chupaca
02-09-2015, 08:39 PM
:pray::pray:'s to her family and friends...

ursamajor35126
02-09-2015, 08:42 PM
It would be good to know how much experience she had on the spyder..... My wife had a side hack scooter..... got used to "steering" it like a spyder....... I took the side car off and she wrecked it within 30 minutes because she still tried to "steer" instead of counter-steering the now two wheeled scooter.... ran off the right side of the road in a left hand corner......Wonder if the lady was used to counter-steering and thus ran off the road.

My condolences to her family and friends..... it's always sad when we lose a fellow ryder.:pray::pray:

Roadster Renovations
02-09-2015, 09:35 PM
So sorry for the family. Condolences.

SpyderAnn01
02-09-2015, 11:11 PM
Broken plastic heim link?

missouriboy
02-10-2015, 03:02 AM
Broken plastic heim link?Or maybe operator inattention to the sudden need to push on that right-side handlebar? It can happen in a second, and BAM, you're off the road.

The Spyder handles so effortlessly on the straightaway that it lulls you into complacency if you don't watch out! I know, I've caught myself doing this on our long, long Texas straight stretches.

Poor lady, it's just too sad. :pray:

Lamonster
02-10-2015, 08:57 AM
Very sorry to hear this but please don't guess what happened or what part might have failed without the facts. Could have been a dog ran out in front of her and she swerved to miss it. None of us were there, none of us saw the bike so none of us should guess what happened till we know the facts.
nojoke

oldguyinTX
02-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Very sorry to hear this but please don't guess what happened or what part might have failed without the facts. Could have been a dog ran out in front of her and she swerved to miss it. None of us were there, none of us saw the bike so none of us should guess what happened till we know the facts.
nojoke

:agree: Thoughts and prayers for her family.

bronzeflex42
02-10-2015, 09:53 AM
So sad :pray:

den1953
02-10-2015, 12:19 PM
We have to keep from speculating about the cause and just remember it could be any of us. Sometimes things happen too quickly to control and all the ABS and Nannies in the world can't help. We're still riding on top of the vehicle just like a motorcycle or snowmobile and just as vulnerable. Sad for this lady's family and friends and a reminder for the rest of us.

AY4B
02-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Its odd the article mentions her last name 6 times and does not capitalize the last name.

spydaman60
02-10-2015, 05:10 PM
prayers for her family!!

jaherbst
02-10-2015, 06:00 PM
nojoke

What are the facts? If you find out please share with the rest in the interest of Spyder Safety.

Jack

Rockwall
02-10-2015, 06:30 PM
Terrible news. God bless our lost Sister and her family and friends. It reminds us that the activity we all so dearly love can turn dangerous or deadly in an instant and we all have to be alert and at our best at all times.

Deanna777
02-10-2015, 06:51 PM
Terrible news. God bless our lost Sister and her family and friends. It reminds us that the activity we all so dearly love can turn dangerous or deadly in an instant and we all have to be alert and at our best at all times.:agree:........ Deanna

Deanna777
02-10-2015, 06:53 PM
:pray::pray: go the family and friends. So sad to read this. Deanna

jerpinoy
02-10-2015, 07:52 PM
nojoke

DITTO, Thanks Lamont to your advice able comment.

R I P to her and may God Bless her soul.

dlby
02-10-2015, 09:17 PM
33 years on ministry has taught me that most every one on all sides goofs up & says things & minds overreact

Having said that
Its not about us

Its about the family

My heart goes out to their loss

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-11-2015, 03:43 AM
Its odd the article mentions her last name 6 times and does not capitalize the last name.
I looks capitalized to me. It's the font that makes it look like a small j.

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-11-2015, 03:51 AM
I have a friend and former coworker in Slidell. After I bought my Spyder last winter I included them in an email I sent out bragging about my new (to me) purchase. The wife responded that one of her friends bought one, last year I believe, and really loved it. I've emailed them to ask if by chance this is the lady who crashed. If it is, then she was not a new rider. I sure hope the DPS wasn't a factor in causing the crash.

AY4B
02-11-2015, 07:44 AM
I looks capitalized to me. It's the font that makes it look like a small j.

Thats odd but your right, there are 2 other words that have the lower case j, ejected and injuries. The font takes the J below the line just like the small one.
it caught my eye probably because my last name also starts with a J.

May she Rest in Peace:pray:

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-11-2015, 11:08 AM
I have a friend and former coworker in Slidell. After I bought my Spyder last winter I included them in an email I sent out bragging about my new (to me) purchase. The wife responded that one of her friends bought one, last year I believe, and really loved it. I've emailed them to ask if by chance this is the lady who crashed. If it is, then she was not a new rider. I sure hope the DPS wasn't a factor in causing the crash.
She was not the friend of my friend.

WA5VHU
02-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Some additional info now in my first post.

jaherbst
02-15-2015, 05:23 PM

Anything further on this. If so we would all like to know. Perhaps we could all learn something from this.

Jack

WA5VHU
02-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Anything further on this. If so we would all like to know. Perhaps we could all learn something from this.

Jack

Jack,
See the first post at the top for the latest info I have found.

Charles

jaherbst
02-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Jack,
See the first post at the top for the latest info I have found.

Charles

Thanks, noted the update.

Jack

jcthorne
02-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Really would like to know how a single Spyder goes off the right side of a left hand sweeper in the middle of a SCRC chapter ride. There has got to be more to this story. Some lessons to learn.

BajaRon
02-17-2015, 01:16 PM
Really would like to know how a single Spyder goes off the right side of a left hand sweeper in the middle of a SCRC chapter ride. There has got to be more to this story. Some lessons to learn.

If it was, indeed, a chapter ride, it seems likely that someone would have witnessed the incident. Unless she had gotten behind/separated from the group and was trying to catch up.

All speculation, and I know speculation isn't the better way to go. But it's been sometime now and not much information has been given on what appears to be, on the surface, an odd occurrence.

jcthorne
02-17-2015, 03:02 PM
Yes, usually when incidents are this hushed up there is something out of the ordinary and lawyers are likely involved. We may never know what really happened. That is unfortunate as there is always something to be learned from incidents such as this.

MikeT
02-17-2015, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=WA5VHU;933421]
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102308&stc=1

She was apparently on a chapter ride when the accident happene/QUOTE]
My heart goes out to both the family and to the people on the ride. We have lost too many friends on group rides over the years. Our "big one" in July '99 was on a H-D Chapter group ride on I-40W just outside of Asheville, NC. That's why my wife made me go to a trike. 95% of the time we ride solo now.