PDA

View Full Version : VETERANS, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION

oldguyinTX
02-09-2015, 10:56 AM
On Brian Williams' flat out lying about being in a helicopter hit by an RPG? Personally, I think that he should have been fired already. Just MHO as a Veteran.

2Paw
02-09-2015, 10:59 AM
It's called "Stolen Valor" while not against the law it certainly speaks to character.

Jim's_Spyder
02-09-2015, 11:02 AM
I think he needs to be fired and one veteran of each branch should be allowed to kick his ass. I pick Chuck Norris to do the honors for the USAF. James M. Baker MSgt, USAF ret.

Cruzr Joe
02-09-2015, 11:10 AM
It's called "Stolen Valor" while not against the law it certainly speaks to character.

:agree:

Cruzr Joe

MarkLawson
02-09-2015, 11:14 AM
If fired, it'll be unlike NBC to act in such an uncharacteristicly honorable way. Lying to the public via the main stream news is just one of the tools used daily. To admit to a lie is way outside of their normal play book. They'd be charting unfamiliar territory for them.

Big F
02-09-2015, 11:15 AM
On Brian Williams' flat out lying about being in a helicopter hit by an RPG? Personally, I think that he should have been fired already. Just MHO as a Veteran.

He needs to be released from his position. It is a slap in the face to all veterans on how he lied about his journalism in that copter!!! How much other stuff has he lied about and never been caught/challenged?
THE BIG F (101st Airborne Division)

Mcubed45
02-09-2015, 11:16 AM
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

WilMo1775
02-09-2015, 11:20 AM

I think if he claims to have been in a helicopter with a RPG then we should teach him how to fly one then shoot him down.

SpyderFun
02-09-2015, 11:29 AM

Its not really "Stolen Valor" because he did not receive a benefit specifically targeted for military personnel and/or Vets. As a Retired Vet I do understand where you are coming from. And "Stolen Valor" is a law making doing so illegal.

It is however an outright lie by a person placed in public trust job. Much like we cannot say "Fire" in a theater, we should hold our media outlets and their employees to the same level of accountability in their reporting the news both accurately and completely.

Mr Williams needs to be terminated as an example to others not to embellish a story for either personal or professional glorification. Next person to be fired for lying to America while holding a position of public trust, Mr O-Blame-U.....then Ms Pelosi.....followed closely by Mr Reed. A lifetime ban on Ms Clinton from holding a public office. Cleaning house is a dirty job but one that needs to be done!

READ THIS STORY AND IF TRUE.....DISGUSTING:
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/09/claim-brian-williams-backed-out-medal-of-honor-event-last-minute-to-appear-on-saturday-night-live/

Chupaca
02-09-2015, 11:38 AM
and puts all his work on the line...:lecturef_smilie:

vided
02-09-2015, 11:53 AM
NBC will do NOTHING. They have a track record of adjusting the truth,
the travon martin 911 edited phone call is a prime example.

JerryB
02-09-2015, 01:47 PM
Hi oldguyinCT,

Re: flat out lying

I disagree completely; and I'm a vet also.

He said he made a mistake. How many people on here have never made a mistake?

He also apologized. That's good enough for me.

I hope he comes back soon because I think he is one of the best at what he does.

As for the news got getting something right; that is a far bigger issue.

Just my $0.02,

Jerry Baumchen

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-09-2015, 02:13 PM
I think he needs to be fired and one veteran of each branch should be allowed to kick his ass. I pick Chuck Norris to do the honors for the USAF. James M. Baker MSgt, USAF ret.

ONLY ONE ! ! ! ...................Mike :thumbup:

Craniac
02-09-2015, 02:17 PM
If he had any honor, he would have quit in disgrace already.

If NBC had any honor, you would not need to ask the question. He would have been fired already.

This Vets opinion.

wyliec
02-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi oldguyinCT,

I hope he comes back soon because I think he is one of the best at what he does.

Just my $0.02,

Jerry Baumchen

I agree with you. He owned up to his mistake.

SpyderFun
02-09-2015, 02:35 PM
I agree with you. He owned up to his mistake.

True.....but like a politician, he only did so AFTER being caught and called out by fellow Vets.

How many of us would still have a job if our employer knew we were blatantly telling lies to promote ourselves?

How many of us would be hired if our potential employer knew we lied on out resume'?

ARtraveler
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
I will try to keep it to the subject at hand also.

:ani29:: I do believe the man told an outright lie. I would sure remember if I was in a helicopter crash. Would also know if I was following behind one and watched the scene unfold before me.

:ani29:: Now, other stories (catching cooties from the water during Katrina, seeing a body float by from his hotel room (Katrina)) are coming into question, so his credibility is shot.

:ani29:: I am predicting Lester Holt is going to be the new "man" for NBC.

:ani29:: I have been a fan of Brian Williams and NBC for years. Not so, after this.

:thumbup:

vided
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
Everybody has memory farts. But being in a helicopter that was hit by a RPGS, that you would remember.

Dragonrider
02-09-2015, 03:35 PM
Who would ever watch ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN for news? I better end this before I step out of line...

ARtraveler
02-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Who would ever watch ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN for news? I better end this before I step out of line...

Lesser of evils? :roflblack::roflblack:

And then there is the History Channel 1 and 2, The Discovery Channel, and National Geographic. :yikes::yikes::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

cptjam
02-09-2015, 04:29 PM
Sad. Journalists are supposed to display the highest level of integrity and impartiality. Interestingly, had a military officer publiclly made such a statement, they would be relieved. I Think Mr. Williams has lost sight of his purpose - report the news; exactly as it happens, every time!

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-09-2015, 05:03 PM
That Brian had heard of someone named .......DAN RATHER ?????????...........His was an intertesting story also !!!!!...........Mike :thumbup:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
02-09-2015, 06:10 PM
i may never have been in the military but i have zero tolerance for liars. kick his ass & nbc should sue him
for all the years since he told the lie, they should be allowed to get reimbursed for the salary he stole from them

kep-up
02-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi oldguyinCT,

Just my $0.02,

Jerry Baumchen

he said he made a "mistake." A MISTAKE? Say what? He flippin' LIED! Multiple times over and over! I used to think he made sense, but now his credibility is gone. How many other times did he "make a mistake" while reporting a crucial piece of news? He's done.

bmccaffrey
02-09-2015, 08:46 PM
There is alot of phonys and impersonators out there as well as people who stretch the truth.
He lied has nothing to do with valor. BUT has everything to do with character.
WHO are we to judge????
JUST MY OPINION. At least he lived up to it where most would not!!!!

Jim's_Spyder
02-10-2015, 07:09 AM
He didn't lie, I heard what he said. His mis-remembered what happened. Kind of like when I walked on the moon in 1969. I was only 3 years old and saw it on TV. Later I mis-remembered what happened I didn't walk on the moon. I'm sorry if accidentally said I walked on the moon.

kep-up
02-10-2015, 11:16 AM
He didn't lie, I heard what he said. His mis-remembered what happened. Kind of like when I walked on the moon in 1969. I was only 3 years old and saw it on TV. Later I mis-remembered what happened I didn't walk on the moon. I'm sorry if accidentally said I walked on the moon.
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

grumpybob
02-10-2015, 11:29 AM
I was a Vietnam vet until it became SO POPULAR. We live in a world of lies. None of this is abnormal anymore. Don't like it, but can't get away from it.

bullant12
02-10-2015, 11:33 AM
TV News reporters lie every day. Regardless of the network they work for. They are as bad as politicians, they twist the facts to make it sound more to their ratings!
Worst one: "Here is the weather report for the rest of the week...":roflblack:

ursamajor35126
02-10-2015, 11:47 AM

2Paw
02-10-2015, 11:50 AM
I don't know if it true or not somebody will check it.

IF YOU HAD A HUNCH THE NEWS SYSTEM WAS SOMEWHAT RIGGED AND YOU COULDN'T PUT YOUR FINGER ON IT…THIS MIGHT HELP YOU SOLVE THE PUZZLE.
ABC News executive producer Ian Cameron is married to Susan Rice, National Security Adviser.
CBS President David Rhodes is the brother of Ben Rhodes, *****'s Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications.
ABC News correspondent Claire Shipman is married to former Whitehouse Press Secretary Jay Carney
ABC News and Univision reporter Matthew Jaffe is married to Katie Hogan, *****'s Deputy Press Secretary
ABC President Ben Sherwood is the brother of *****'s Special Adviser Elizabeth Sherwood
CNN President Virginia Moseley is married to former Hillary Clinton's Deputy Secretary, Tom Nides.
And now you know why it is no surprise the media usually goes very easy on *****.
Ya think there might be a little bias in the news?

M109Dreamer
02-10-2015, 12:25 PM
Lol, mistake. I look at it this way. If my kid "lied" and then later try and tell me he made a mistake not lie, would I still of whooped his butt and grounded him........Yep!

A mistake and a Lie are 2 completely different things in my world of upbringing.

Mistake: is something you do, thinking its the right thing to do yet finding out later you were wrong in your decission making process.

A LIE: Is knowing before hand you even contemplate what you are about to do or say, know that it is wrong and flat out a made up lie. Either trying to stay out of trouble or take credit for something that you shouldnt be. And will only get in trouble if the truth is found out by others.

oldguyinTX
02-10-2015, 02:31 PM

​PRICELESS!!!

Jeriatric
02-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Brian who?

jerpinoy
02-10-2015, 07:41 PM
If he's serious of his apology and he go to Iraq and Syria and cover the news with the ISIS and find out exactly what happened to KAYLA Mueller. I dare you Brian Williams.

JerryB
02-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi oldguyinCT,

Re: Brian Williams

A recent update: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/brian-williams-suspended-six-months-wake-investigation-n304086

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I'm thinking he probably has enough money to last him if it ends up he never returns.

fispyder
02-10-2015, 08:52 PM
There is alot of phonys and impersonators out there as well as people who stretch the truth.
He lied has nothing to do with valor. BUT has everything to do with character.
WHO are we to judge????
JUST MY OPINION. At least he lived up to it where most would not!!!!
All news networks are bias I just think fox news reports are less bias than any. NBC will let it die down than they will bring him back. I think they should at lease take the anchor away from him.

oldguyinTX
02-11-2015, 08:14 AM
Hi oldguyinCT,

Re: Brian Williams

A recent update: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/brian-williams-suspended-six-months-wake-investigation-n304086

Jerry Baumchen

PS) I'm thinking he probably has enough money to last him if it ends up he never returns.

Yeah Jerry, I saw that this morning. What a joke. Like being grounded for staying out too late. And NBC said "This was a hard decision". The guy is nothing but a punk.

ARtraveler
02-11-2015, 03:43 PM
And as the sun sinks slowly in the West...