PDA

View Full Version : RT-622 fuse and location. HELP...

Air Force PAO
02-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Howdy.

Yesterday, I hitched my RT-622 trailer to my 2011 RT Ltd. The trailer lights would not work.

So....Where should I look for a fuse to control the trailer lights?

Today, I tried using a "light tester" to stick into the RT's trailer connection. I could not get anything to light. (Might have to try again and double the ground.)

Oh, well. Thanks to all of you who will give me the answer.

billybovine
02-08-2015, 06:46 PM
According to your owners manual it is fuse 7 in the front fuse box under the hood.

Air Force PAO
02-09-2015, 06:23 AM
Thanks for the information.

MarkLawson
02-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Let us know how you're doing with this.

There have been reports of a short in the trailer wiring harness that is on the RT, not the trailer itself. Blowing that fuse also disables Reverse & causes a ton of noise over the BRP CB while transmitting, if you have it installed. The rear trailer lights would also flicker while transmitting. The only trailer lights that would work would be the blinkers and brake lights, so you could pull during the daylight hours.

The issue is a ground short in that wiring harness on the RT. It would be the harness that plugs into the RT under the left passenger grab handle and ends with the round trailer plug receptacle under the left saddlebag. The harness has to be replaced for this known problem.

I had this very problem on my 2010 RT.