PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else go with the Can-Am Red?

RPM
02-07-2015, 11:48 PM
Just bought my new Can-Am Red F3-S SE6 and was wondering if anyone else has chosen this color. It seems like all the photos I see are the white and silver. They look nice but I thought the "red" really popped against the black frame. When my Akrapovic stainless steel silencer comes in, as well as all the other accessories, it will really pop against the black frame and red/orange body.

The only accessory that was in was the Blue Ridge windshield. I was a little disappointed in that I had a moderate amount of buffeting on my helmet. I do have a Shoei modular helmet and that can play into it as well. I am 5' 8". But I'm sure I have way more wind protection than without it.

I have never ridden a Spyder before and did not know what to expect. What a thrill ride. This thing really gets up and goes! It was a blast and put a smile on my face the who 20 minutes I got to ride it. It was a little twitchy and responsive to any input but I was already getting a little better by the end of my short ride. As it turns out, I did not have anyone to take me to the dealer at the last minute so I just bought it, had some fun and will pick it up on Wednesday. It was neat when literally everyone in the cars that I passed turned to look at my new bike. It really is a beautiful work of art.

Can't wait to get her into my garage and start putting some mileage on.

Congrats to all those others who had as much fun as I did today! :yes:

Ben Burped
02-07-2015, 11:58 PM
That's a beautiful machine. Welcome to the "Miles of smiles" club. Keep reading, posting, and riding.

Chupaca
02-08-2015, 12:07 AM
that is a great color. Congratulations and welcome to the spyder world and this site. Enjoy your new ryde with all the miles and smiles coming your way...here's one for ya...:2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
02-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Lookin Good.

Cruzr Joe

3 Wheel Rider
02-08-2015, 12:24 AM
:congrats: and :welcome:Nice looking machine. I am sure it will bring you many miles of smiles. I too was hooked after my first ride on a Spyder (an RT Limited). Although I still enjoy riding my sportbike and my cruiser, I truly think my Spyder is a blast to ride; so different and so fun.

OJ UK
02-08-2015, 10:05 AM
First off.........101924...good to have you here!

I think you're going to have real fun on that F3-S!:yes:

spydaman60
02-08-2015, 10:32 AM
congrats on the new ride!!!:2thumbs::2thumbs:

SpyderGTL
02-08-2015, 10:47 AM
Congrats on the new ryde! Our dealer had gotten three F3's in this week - my magnesium F3-S, a white F3, and a red F3-S. Unfortunately, the red one was still in the crate. Which was a good thing for me, since my wife just might have bought it while I was buying mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vondalyn
02-08-2015, 11:18 AM
the red looks good on you -- congrats!

den1953
02-08-2015, 12:42 PM
I think the Orangey Red would help you be more visible to cagers. At least in the daytime anyhow.

one2doo
02-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Good looking ride I like the red.

MMMII
02-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Congrats.

.......it's a nice color but be honest it's orange ;)

Youngblood
02-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Congrats to you with your new Spyder. I too love the red/black combo, but when I saw it in person, in the sun, it looked too orangy for me. However, I do love the new red on the RT, I had wished BRP had used it on the F3 as well. Good luck and enjoy!

ARtraveler
02-08-2015, 02:20 PM
Nice color. :congrats: on your new ride.

RE: twitchy handling--a lot of new riders experience twitchy handling. Many times, it comes from over control input by the driver. Try driving with as little input as possible. Pretend there are eggs between the hands and the hand grips. Don't break the eggs. Use a push/pull type of grip on the turns.

You may find that gives immediate help with the issue.

RBS66
02-08-2015, 02:52 PM
:congrats:

Retired 2012
02-08-2015, 05:47 PM
:welcome:and:congrats:on your new F3-S. I have the white one, but I like the color on the frame, it really stands out.
It's funny Harley calls that Harley orange and black, and Can-am calls it can-am red, maybe it's a Canadian thing...
No matter what you call it, it is nice looking. It is fun to see all the people checking out the new bike style.
My first demo ryde I over steered the bike too, but now I have learned to relax my grip and the ryde has improved greatly.
Have fun and enjoy your new :spyder:.

DJ

RPM
02-08-2015, 05:53 PM
Congrats.

.......it's a nice color but be honest it's orange ;)

Congrats to you with your new Spyder. I too love the red/black combo, but when I saw it in person, in the sun, it looked too orangy for me. However, I do love the new red on the RT, I had wished BRP had used it on the F3 as well. Good luck and enjoy!

Yes, I agree. It's an orangey red (or ? reddish orange). I still think it looks good. The red on the 2015 RT looks nice on that bike but I think it would have been a little muted on the F3. Again, for lack of a better word, the red/orange color is striking and makes it "pop"!

Nice color. :congrats: on your new ride.

RE: twitchy handling--a lot of new riders experience twitchy handling. Many times, it comes from over control input by the driver. Try driving with as little input as possible. Pretend there are eggs between the hands and the hand grips. Don't break the eggs. Use a push/pull type of grip on the turns.

You may find that gives immediate help with the issue.

Thanks! I agree. I was a little apprehensive at first since that was the first time I had ever even taken a Spyder out for a ride. It was lightly raining and water everywhere. I'm sure I was gripping hard. But one thing I do have to say is that I never got the feeling that I was being thrown off the bike. I've had cruisers before and the cruiser position works great for this bike as I can brace against the turn with the pegs. I have the floorboards on order and hope that I can still brace against them as they will be horizontal and not like a peg. We'll see!

Thanks for all of your best wishes. Can't wait to take it out on a real ride on Wednesday! :thumbup:

Robert

vondalyn
02-08-2015, 10:25 PM
can't wait to hear more from a new to spyders rider. Welcome and enjoy your ryde.

boomboom1
02-09-2015, 02:44 PM
I also got the red (orange) color. I like it a lot. I have the black decal on the frunk which softens the bright color somewhat. I would recommend the decal.

DLewis
02-09-2015, 03:14 PM
I too have the Can-Am red coming to me. Just waiting on Mr. Delivery Truck, since I purchased from iMotorsports in IL. I cannot wait!!:yikes: Going with the Frunk stripes, and BR windshield. Will wait on the passenger back rest, as I'm coming off of an RT. One up 98% of the time, so one reason to go w/o fo a bit.

Lamonster
02-09-2015, 07:49 PM
Erick got a red one

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10421249_855201031189836_7366693672284450794_n.jpg ?oh=0d716e57c237d954945d7a84c5ea9ff2&oe=55552F9B&__gda__=1432498962_45b205af50064eb14f67aeac033bdc8 8