PDA

View Full Version : Slingshot Sighting

Craniac
02-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Got passed by a Slingshot in Artesia NM this evening. My first thought was, "Do you really want to die?" Hope he had the recall performed.

jScotD
02-07-2015, 09:52 PM
vrOOm:yes:

jerpinoy
02-07-2015, 11:43 PM
With that kind of money spent, you gotta get your monies worth.

Chupaca
02-08-2015, 12:19 AM
So did you wave..?? :roflblack::roflblack: they never stopped running around here...:thumbup:

Professor
02-08-2015, 02:35 AM
Hey Craniac. It's fun to see someone from Roswell. I did some of my growing up in Roswell / Hagerman / Artesia / Carlsbad. I graduated from HS at NMMI and from College at NMSU. I haven't been back to that area in about 30 years. I'm sure there has been lots of changes.

Craniac
02-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Professor, I lived here 30 yeasts ago and then moved away. Came back a couple years ago. I couldn't believe the changes aliens are BIG business now. The street lights down town look like aliens. Town has grown north. The mall is still empty but we have a Wally World and Sam's near the mall. NMMI is still there.

No, I didn't wave. I was in my truck and the sling shot was going faster than the speed limit when he passed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professor
02-08-2015, 10:21 AM
That's funny. I knew the story of the crash, but aliens were not at all part of the "culture". I did have one very neat experience related to space. You may be familiar with the Robert Goddard museum. (for those that don't know, Robert Goddard is considered to be the father of American rocketry.) I was chosen to be lead the color guard at the dedication ceremony for the museum. An older man was sitting next to my post on stage and we had a nice conversation while we were waiting for things to start. When the dignitaries were introduced, I learned that I had been chatting with Wernher von Braun.

Joe T.
02-08-2015, 02:56 PM
- - - - - - When the dignitaries were introduced, I learned that I had been chatting with Wernher von Braun.

WOW!!!

Joe T.