PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a new F3-S ...

Bagger
02-07-2015, 08:55 PM
When I first entered motorcycle message boards in the late '90s, Lamont was there with our original Valkyries. Lots of activity back then.

Times have changed I see. Lamont is still "making things" and pushing the envelope.

Fast forward to 2001 and the new GL1800 Goldwing ... lots of new friends there posting about our bikes. I still have that 2001 GW. And, after a bunch of other bikes, I think the GL1800 is still my most favorite bike. Lots of reasons.

But, Honda has failed to regenerate a new Wing and the old one is pretty long in the tooth, albeit still a great touring bike and all 'round terrific machine. Very functional, very reliable, quick/fast, comfy, great lighting and horn. I really like it.

But ....

I started seeing Spyders on the Blue Ridge a few years ago. I was intrigued. They are pretty special looking machines. But, not like a motorcycle. More like a .... snow sled? Anyway, they were interesting looking. And, I've seen quite a few since then. And, I've been reading on several Spyder forums, too.

When I have nearly 3 feet of snow in my yard (with more coming), I get bored and look for something to do. We traveled to a CanAM dealers yesterday to look at the new F3 which I had looked at on the CanAM site. The specs of the bike look pretty good to me. I think it is much better suited to my riding style than the other versions of the bike previously produced. And, it seems I may purchase a F3-S this spring.

Of course, I need to demo one ... and, I worry that I will not like how the bike reacts compared to a motorcycle. I've been riding for 35 years on all kinds of bikes from a ZX14 Kawa, many Harleys, Concours and Wing. I like to ride, but wonder if I can adapt to the F3-S coming from a long time motorcycle riding history? I still have 3 motorcycles, and don't figure to sell them off ... just add to the stable.

Thoughts from those that have gone from several large motorcycles to riding a Spyder.

SPYD3R
02-07-2015, 09:26 PM
BAGGER, DON'T HESITATE.....
i picked up my new F3-S yesterday, and put about 130 miles on it since.... more fun than you can ever imagine....
i didn't care much for the looks when i saw my 1st pictures of it.... in person; AWESOME.....
performance is like an F18 on steroids.... this think makes my '09 RS feel like a 50cc moped....
JUST DO IT pal..... you'll never regret it....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

Chupaca
02-08-2015, 12:47 AM
we have many ryders with many more years under there belts and loving it here. Many still ryde both some have slowly sold off and only ryde spyders. You will enjoy this ryde just don't expect it to be like your bike or car. I to came off a wing with 50 years on bikes and love it..no bikes left...:ohyea::ohyea:

Dudley
02-08-2015, 12:49 AM
After riding big dressed bikes from 1971 (my first bike was a Honda 305 Superhawk, not quite "big") when I decided that I was tired of pushing, tip toeing, holding up 800+ pounds of motorcycles (I am 5'8", 140), along came the Spyder. My first one was in 2008, I bought a 2008 GS SE5, bare to the bone. After adding a CalSci windshield, GIVI 35 bags, handle bar riser, back rest for the wife and home made passenger foot boards, we took off on a trip around the country on Father's Day, 2009. 7.5 weeks and 13,624 miles later we slept in our own bed. We left CA for Florida, went up the East coast, into Cape Code, on to Nova Scotia, and then headed west for Seattle and then south to Jacumba. The Spyder never let us down. A ride of a lifetime. In 2010 we bought the RT SM5 BareBone and now have 55,000 miles on it. The 2008 we traded in 2 years with 42,000 miles on it. I believe you will like the F3 if you like to ride.