PDA

View Full Version : @#&*% Mode Button!

GMAN9
02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
So I get back from skiing a full week in Utah. I'm jonesing to get back on the Spyder...it's sunny and 65 today...so I thought man what a beautiful day for a ride! So I take the cover off...unplug the battery tender...insert the key...turn on the kill switch...hit the starter button...nothing. What the hell! Make sure its in neutral...mash on the break for good luck...nothing. So I think my battery tender I bought from Harbor Freight was not working. So I go to check the voltage on the battery...cant find my voltage tester....crap! Out to Harbor Freight to by another voltage tester. On the way there...I see all these happy motorcycle riders...even another Spyder rider. Man I am steaming! Thinking it could even be a starter button problem or some other issue I've read on here before! Dang you BRP! Get home put the voltage tester on it...12.7 volts. Now I'm really mad...getting ready to jump on spyderlovers to plead for help...then it finally hit me....I didn't hit the @#$% mode button. Man I know that it's been a couple of weeks since I rode last...but it's amazing what u forget! Man I'm getting old...what's it going to be like when I turn 46 this year! ;)

Okay my rant is over!

vided
02-07-2015, 08:43 PM
Your not alone. :roflblack::roflblack:

Tom in NM
02-07-2015, 08:51 PM
You are embarrassing your Spyder. :opps:

Ok, for the next month you had better read the Rider's Card before you turn the key. Or at least look at the Guages and read what it says.

Tom

SPYD3R
02-07-2015, 09:00 PM
TURN 46......?????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????? :yikes:

what are you going to do when you turn 67 like me...... :roflblack:
Dan P
SPYD3R

thereverend
02-07-2015, 09:06 PM
TURN 46......?????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????? :yikes:

what are you going to do when you turn 67 like me...... :roflblack:
Dan P
SPYD3R

To me this morning, but Im 72 and abit forgetful ha ha

GunDoctor
02-07-2015, 09:11 PM
My issue is now with the F3, you have to have your foot on the brake for everything to do with buttons before you push them.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

one2doo
02-07-2015, 09:13 PM
That's a new one.

Mazo EMS2
02-07-2015, 09:25 PM
My dealer failed to mention the mode button when it was delivered to my house last week. Today I syphoned out the old fuel that was in it, replaced with some fresh ethanol-free treated fuel and hopped on it to start it up to circulate the new fuel. @#$%ing, thing wouldn't start. I tried all of the above...then I stopped, took a deep breath, and simply read what was right in front of my face on the display. Funny how that works....starts right up when ya do it right. LOL:banghead:

Utah Geezer
02-07-2015, 10:04 PM
As you can see you are in good company. Don't forget to step on the brake when shifting out of neutral into first. I had a heck of a time with that once.

Chupaca
02-08-2015, 12:39 AM
and the worse is finding out..you look all around to see if anyone noticed...hope you still got in a good ryde..:yes::yes::ohyea::ohyea:

Orange Spyder Man
02-08-2015, 08:48 AM
that's called CRS ... any explanation needed ? :opps:

osm

Cruzr Joe
02-08-2015, 01:15 PM

osm

Nope, fully understand.

cruzr joe

billybovine
02-08-2015, 01:31 PM
As you can see you are in good company. Don't forget to step on the brake when shifting out of neutral into first. I had a heck of a time with that once.

I have never heard of that before. There should be no need to have foot on the brake to shift from neutral to first.

Cruzr Joe
02-08-2015, 01:40 PM
I have never heard of that before. There should be no need to have foot on the brake to shift from neutral to first.

Not sure about the F3, but you have to have your foot on the brake on a 2014 RT series to go from neutral to first or neutral to reverse.

Cruzr Joe

coastrider
02-08-2015, 01:46 PM
That delay while the bike mulls over your request to start seems interminable, especially when you need to clear a gas pump or others are waiting for you. A rethink by BRP is definitely in order.

ARtraveler
02-08-2015, 02:29 PM
Don't go away. I may need some of the same help when I start the :spyder2:'s in about four to five weeks. Mine have been sleeping since October. :yikes: What were we talking about? I seem to have forgot. :roflblack:

billybovine
02-08-2015, 03:37 PM
Not sure about the F3, but you have to have your foot on the brake on a 2014 RT series to go from neutral to first or neutral to reverse.

Cruzr Joe

Well I learned something new today.

billybovine
02-08-2015, 03:38 PM
That delay while the bike mulls over your request to start seems interminable, especially when you need to clear a gas pump or others are waiting for you. A rethink by BRP is definitely in order.

At the gas pump just shut the engine down with the kill switch and leave the ignition on. No delay in starting backup.

Ex-Rocket
02-08-2015, 04:46 PM
A few weeks ago I took a demo ride on the F3 manual transmission. My 2012 RTS is SE5. So taking off from the dealership was no problem as I have had many 2 wheel bikes before I purchased my Spyder. So after riding it several miles on city streets I decided I'd better stop somewhere and take a pee break. Go inside the store and do my business and come back out, start it up and I didn't know how to get it in reverse. I fumbled with the clutch lever and pushing buttons and still no reverse. I said to self, I hope no one is watching me. :opps::opps: I look around and the store isn't to busy and nobody looking so I get off bike and push it backwards enough to now get on the bike and drive away. I will never ride a manual Spyder with out knowing how to get it in reverse first before taking a ride. :banghead::banghead:

HIspyder
02-08-2015, 04:55 PM
So I get back from skiing a full week in Utah. I'm jonesing to get back on the Spyder...it's sunny and 65 today...so I thought man what a beautiful day for a ride! So I take the cover off...unplug the battery tender...insert the key...turn on the kill switch...hit the starter button...nothing. What the hell! Make sure its in neutral...mash on the break for good luck...nothing. So I think my battery tender I bought from Harbor Freight was not working. So I go to check the voltage on the battery...cant find my voltage tester....crap! Out to Harbor Freight to by another voltage tester. On the way there...I see all these happy motorcycle riders...even another Spyder rider. Man I am steaming! Thinking it could even be a starter button problem or some other issue I've read on here before! Dang you BRP! Get home put the voltage tester on it...12.7 volts. Now I'm really mad...getting ready to jump on spyderlovers to plead for help...then it finally hit me....I didn't hit the @#$% mode button. Man I know that it's been a couple of weeks since I rode last...but it's amazing what u forget! Man I'm getting old...what's it going to be like when I turn 46 this year! ;)

Okay my rant is over!

You'd better brace yourself for the big 50. nojoke

ursamajor35126
02-08-2015, 07:32 PM

osm

I have found that it is also VERY hard to breathe while suffering a CRS episode! My $0.02.... YMMV.

jaherbst
02-08-2015, 07:41 PM

Okay my rant is over!

At 46 your still in diapers. Wait till your 75 you will be lucky if you can find your way back home!

Jack

jaherbst
02-08-2015, 07:46 PM

You can take that to the bank--after you first put you foot on the brake to get started. It is a safety feature and although I hate it I like it. At my age anything or anybody taking care of me is a good thing.

Remember those Grandkids standing in front of or behind will be safer when shifting with this feature also. It gives them time to scream after they hear the "clunk " when shifting the Spyder and time to jump out of the way.

The light post behind or the curb in front will not scream when you hit them without this feature. :helpsmilie:

Jack