PDA

View Full Version : LAMONT, HELP...! ! !

SPYD3R
02-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Lamont;
i just pick up my new F3-S today....
after a short run, i can home to start dissecting her, i have 2 questions...
1. on either side of the ignitions switch are two ports, see picture below... upon removing the port covers, i find there are electrical connectors attached to the under-side of the covers... obviously, these wires were intended for something... have you any idea what they are for??? i was going to install 2 12V adapters at these locations, and should the wiring be applicable to those, it would be a great help to know... if this is possible, and should you know which fuse these lead to, that also would be greatly appreciated...

2. i removed the 'end caps' on the handle bars so that i could remove the 'grips'... i have the Kuryakyn grips i want to install, but i see that the OEM grips are far different than most other motorcycles... is it possible to replace the OEM grips with after market ones??? and how is that accomplished???

hope your F3 project is going well....

if anyone else out there has the answers, please jump in....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

tip
02-06-2015, 05:36 PM
They look like anti-farkle sensors!

SPYD3R
02-06-2015, 05:38 PM
They look like anti-farkle sensors!

YIKES.....! ! ! ! ! DON'T TELL ME THAT....
I MUST FARKLE.... I MUST, I MUST, I MUST........ :gaah:
dp

LV2RYDE
02-06-2015, 05:46 PM
Lamont;
1. on either side of the ignitions switch are two ports, see picture below... upon removing the port covers, i find there are electrical connectors attached to the under-side of the covers... obviously, these wires were intended for something... have you any idea what they are for??? i was going to install 2 12V adapters at these locations, and should the wiring be applicable to those, it would be a great help to know... if this is possible, and should you know which fuse these lead to, that also would be greatly appreciated..

hope your F3 project is going
SPYD3R

My dealer used one for USB (waiting for end part from BRP ). And may be the other one for 12 V as well ( not sure there or in the Frunk)

zuni
02-06-2015, 05:49 PM
I thought they might be for switches, i.e. heated grips and fog lights.

CJ JAX

MMMII
02-06-2015, 05:53 PM

CJ JAX

Those are two strong guesses!

SPYD3R
02-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Those are two strong guesses!

I'M THINKING ZUNI MAY BE ONTO SOMETHING HERE.......
dp

cuznjohn
02-06-2015, 06:09 PM
both black plastic caps light up black??? that's my guess

SPYD3R
02-06-2015, 06:17 PM
both black plastic caps light up black??? that's my guess

I ALMOST WET MY PANTS WHEN I READ THIS....... :roflblack: :thumbup:

zuni
02-06-2015, 06:25 PM
I was hoping I could find the switches on cheapcycleparts but they are not listed (or at least I couldn't find them). Possible because the accessories aren't released yet.

CJ JAX

Cruzr Joe
02-06-2015, 06:26 PM
One is for the toaster and the other is for the Fax machine, i don't know which is which though. :dontknow::dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

Gunkandpudge
02-06-2015, 06:40 PM
One is for the toaster and the other is for the Fax machine, i don't know which is which though. :dontknow::dontknow:

Joe,you don't know a toaster from a fax machine.. You put bread in a toaster and you put paper in a fax machine. I know cause I got them mixed up and they didn't work right.
:yikes:

Art Mann
02-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Did you check your owner's manual?

zuni
02-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Yep, as a last resort of course.

CJ JAX

Cruzr Joe
02-06-2015, 07:31 PM

Joe,you don't know a toaster from a fax machine.. You put bread in a toaster and you put paper in a fax machine. I know cause I got them mixed up and they didn't work right.
:yikes:

I am embarrassed now.:opps::opps:

Cruzr Joe

SPYD3R
02-06-2015, 07:35 PM

NUT'n HONEY....... :gaah: :lecturef_smilie:
read entire Manual prior to dissection of this beast... not 1 word as to what these two little 'dots' are....
dp

Lamonster
02-06-2015, 10:07 PM

CJ JAX

Correct.

The grips are the same as the RT and you're limited to what you can use because of the fly by wire. The Kury clam shell grips will work.

GunDoctor
02-07-2015, 01:05 AM
I was told that they can be used for fog lights or anything else that needs a switch. Are you aware that you can remove the Left small turn key lock cover you will find 1 of 3 customer accessory connections. I had the dealer install the 12v plug in the very same cover so I can charge my phone. It's ball mount on the left handlebar.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Purple Guy
02-07-2015, 11:07 AM

Cruzr Joe

After consulting the service manual, the left ones the toaster. :roflblack:

vondalyn
02-07-2015, 11:01 PM

The right one is for the fog lights (at least on mine) -- I have heated grips on backorder, so I'm assuming the left one will be for that. I'll find out in March or April I guess.

jerpinoy
02-07-2015, 11:33 PM
They are gremlins buster JMHO:roflblack:

SPYD3R
02-08-2015, 08:51 PM
SO.....
HAS ANY1 FIGURED OUT WHAT THE WIRES ARE FOR, BEHIND THOSE 2 'BLANKS' NEXT TO THE IGNITIONS SWITCH ON THE NEW F3's.....>??? :popcorn:
dp

cuznjohn
02-08-2015, 09:14 PM
i still say it's a black light

vondalyn
02-08-2015, 10:19 PM
SO.....
HAS ANY1 FIGURED OUT WHAT THE WIRES ARE FOR, BEHIND THOSE 2 'BLANKS' NEXT TO THE IGNITIONS SWITCH ON THE NEW F3's.....>??? :popcorn:
dp

Here's a picture of my aux (fog) light switch there. My heated grips are on backorder, but I'm going to assume the heated grip switch will be on the other side.

zuni
02-12-2015, 09:05 AM
SO.....
dp
Here are the sections of the wiring diagrams for the fog lights and heated grips if you want to compare the wire colors.

CJ JAX

SPYD3R
02-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Lamont;
1. on either side of the ignitions switch are two ports, see picture below... upon removing the port covers, i find there are electrical connectors attached to the under-side of the covers... obviously, these wires were intended for something... have you any idea what they are for??? i was going to install 2 12V adapters at these locations, and should the wiring be applicable to those, it would be a great help to know... if this is possible, and should you know which fuse these lead to, that also would be greatly appreciated...

2. i removed the 'end caps' on the handle bars so that i could remove the 'grips'... i have the Kuryakyn grips i want to install, but i see that the OEM grips are far different than most other motorcycles... is it possible to replace the OEM grips with after market ones??? and how is that accomplished???

hope your F3 project is going well....

if anyone else out there has the answers, please jump in....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

MY QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED.....
ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE IGNITION SWITCH, IS THE SPOT WHERE THE AUXILARY LIGHTS SWITCH GOES, AND ON THE LEFT IS THE SWITCH FOR THE HEATED GRIPS....
THANX TO THE SERVICE MANAGER, BRIDGET, AT POWERSPORTS OF GREENVILLE...

OJ UK
02-13-2015, 08:34 AM

NO!! Not a toaster!......You mean my Espresso machine wont plug right in?? :gaah:

SpyderGTL
02-22-2015, 12:58 AM
Based on this, it appears that the auxiliary light kit includes 2 light/lens assemblies, some attaching hardware, and the switch - all for $500!! The wiring is already on the Spyder. (At least on the F3-S, and a I suspect the standard model, as well.) Does anyone know if everything is already in place for the heated handgrips, except the switch? Like the picture that Dan showed, I've seen the wiring going to the left hand switch blank. In looking at the wiring schematic on the BRP website, the chassis harness has connectors for both heated handgrips, so the wiring them is already run to some point - possibly to the clusters. After seeing the thread about the cruise control already on the base models of the other Spyders, sans the fancy rocker switch, I got to wondering if the heated handgrips were just lacking the switch? Has anyone gotten their hands on the heated handgrips kit to see what's in the $220 box? If it involves an actual handgrip replacement, has anyone installed them? I took the end cap off of the LH (fixed) handgrip today and it wasn't readily apparent how to get the handgrip itself off. I'm holding off installing my Lidlox handlebar helmet locks and Beemer Buddy grip wraps until I get the heated handgrips installed. If I knew they were already installed, then I could put the rest of the stuff on. (I'm kinda hoping there's an actual grip swap-out, otherwise we're paying $220 for a switch!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAM
02-22-2015, 07:39 AM
1 for heated grip
1 for fog light (north américan model ) standards on the euro one