PDA

View Full Version : SPYDER loses RACE

Motza
11-05-2008, 11:58 PM
www.trickedoutcycles.com (http://www.trickedoutcycles.com):yikes: (http://www.trickedoutcycles.com/)

click on... "TT BUSA TRIKE"

DragonSpyder
11-06-2008, 05:57 AM
I can't imagine a Spyder winning any straight line races with a Busa Trike. However, I don't think the Busa Trike can follow a Spyder through a corner. It looks narrow with rounded tires. I still want one!

Magic Man
11-06-2008, 06:22 AM
www.trickedoutcycles.com (http://www.trickedoutcycles.com):yikes: (http://www.trickedoutcycles.com/)

Steve at TOCC is a dealer of ours, and he makes some really cool stuff!

We sponsored that Busa Trike and it is equipped top to bottom with Street Magic LEDs. :2thumbs:

As a matter of fact Steve and his crew tease me all the time when they call. asking when I'm gonna get rid of that "little 1000 cc trike" and get a real Busa Trike. LOL.

A whole bunch of their bikes and trikes have been on the Speed Channel as well as Steve came in third in the Mertic Challange TV Series too.

If you get a chance to see any of his bikes up close you should. They make really are some neat creations. :thumbup:

MM

AMTJIM
11-06-2008, 07:30 AM
To be followed by...TT Busa trike loses race to stock Busa to be followed by stock Busa loses race to turbo Busa...

shunkmanitu
11-06-2008, 08:23 AM

1340cc, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers

No trunk, Bike Plus conversion and electric shift maybe $26-28 K. Then add some luggage unill you roll it over.

Motza
11-06-2008, 09:12 AM

We sponsored that Busa Trike and it is equipped top to bottom with Street Magic LEDs. :2thumbs:

As a matter of fact Steve and his crew tease me all the time when they call. asking when I'm gonna get rid of that "little 1000 cc trike" and get a real Busa Trike. LOL.

A whole bunch of their bikes and trikes have been on the Speed Channel as well as Steve came in third in the Mertic Challange TV Series too.

If you get a chance to see any of his bikes up close you should. They make really are some neat creations. :thumbup:

MM
His shop is 10 minutes from my house, Im thinking about having him to a paint job on my Spyder.
By the way where can I get those LED valve stems?
Motza

Greg H.
11-06-2008, 09:21 AM
again..... an apples to oranges comparison. Two completely different vehicles.

Show me another 3 wheeler (2 wheels up front), that can 'really' compare to the Can-Am Spyder for under $25,000.

tatt2r
11-06-2008, 09:43 AM

MM

again how does it handle corner ?

Way2Fast
11-06-2008, 04:00 PM
I'm interested in that TT-Busa. BRP can keep their Spyder and all it's computer gagets whose malfunction can kill you !!

zzneonzz
11-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm interested in that TT-Busa. BRP can keep their Spyder and all it's computer gagets whose malfunction can kill you !!

Guess you don't use a cell phone, or a cordless phone, or drive a car, or a bike, or even eat or do anything except lay in the bed all day oh wait that can kill you too!

Anyways to each his own me i love the spyder and definately wouldn't choose a busa over it. Speed is not everything and performance is not everything but i would be willing to bet that the Spyder will corner better than the Busa converted will.

Motza
11-06-2008, 08:57 PM
again how does it handle corner ?
Dude, you may love your Spyder like me , but judging you from your photo you would look outstanding with a TT Busa as a backup.

Motza
11-06-2008, 09:02 PM
again..... an apples to oranges comparison. Two completely different vehicles.

Show me another 3 wheeler (2 wheels up front), that can 'really' compare to the Can-Am Spyder for under $25,000.
Well you asked for it and here it is...sorry I have to show you this, but this is totally the bomb...for off road riding. I like the way it leans
www.brudelitech.com (http://www.brudelitech.com)

AMTJIM
11-06-2008, 09:06 PM
chinese scooter

AMTJIM
11-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Well you asked for it and here it is...sorry I have to show you this, but this is totally the bomb...
If that's the best it can do on asphalt it is no match for the Spyder.

Motza
11-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Guess you don't use a cell phone, or a cordless phone, or drive a car, or a bike, or even eat or do anything except lay in the bed all day oh wait that can kill you too!

Anyways to each his own me i love the spyder and definately wouldn't choose a busa over it. Speed is not everything and performance is not everything but i would be willing to bet that the Spyder will corner better than the Busa converted will.
Guys relax stop arguing this is not about a race, just showing you other stuff on the market...maybe we should just keep this site 100% Spyder...

Motza
11-06-2008, 10:10 PM
chinese scooter
No Japanesse

Motza
11-06-2008, 10:12 PM
If that's the best it can do on asphalt it is no match for the Spyder.
This is not about a match ,it's a new 3 wheel design with a some off road capability.

However if Honda ever decides to produce the New DN-01 automatic, into a front wheeled trike, than you would have one heck of a well oiled rice burner.
www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-news/honda-dn-01.htm (http://www.webbikeworld.com/Motorcycle-news/honda-dn-01.htm)

bone crusher
11-06-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree with Motza...this is a Spyder board...sure, an interjection here or there about a comparison is nice for discussion sake, but the Spyder is what brings us together, not other trikes...

Motza
11-06-2008, 11:06 PM
I agree with Motza...this is a Spyder board...sure, an interjection here or there about a comparison is nice for discussion sake, but the Spyder is what brings us together, not other trikes...
I think I like you.....:b2b:

Greg H.
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Well you asked for it and here it is...sorry I have to show you this, but this is totally the bomb...for off road riding. I like the way it leans

Thanks! That is pretty cool! Don't be sorry But; I would still rather have the Spyder. Off road riding doesn't interest me. And, the Spyder looks much better for 2 up riding. But, that's cool.

Way2Fast
11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Some people here don't seem interested in other 3 wheeled vehicles. Jealousy perhaps? I for one, enjoy seeing what the competition has come up with. I may own a Spyder but I am certainly NOT a Spyder lover. First year vehicle or not, there is no valid reason for releasing a product that has as many issues as the Spyder. BRP tested this contraption for years before introduction....didn't they learn anything ?

As for the TT-Busa, it was just sold. I was already planning on having it replace the Spyder in my garage. I may have to custom order one.

Richard

Way2Fast
11-07-2008, 09:23 PM

You missed my point.....I was referring to the Spyders computers, whose malfunction CAN kill you.....it almost happened to me !

Motza
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
[quote=Way2Fast;59323]Some people here don't seem interested in other 3 wheeled vehicles. Jealousy perhaps? I for one, enjoy seeing what the competition has come up with. I may own a Spyder but I am certainly NOT a Spyder lover. First year vehicle or not, there is no valid reason for releasing a product that has as many issues as the Spyder. BRP tested this contraption for years before introduction....didn't they learn anything ?

As for the TT-Busa, it was just sold. I was already planning on having it replace the Spyder in my garage. I may have to custom order one.

(Spyder trader) just kidding...if you do order it I'll see it before you do...

bone crusher
11-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Way2fast,

I don't think jealousy plays in here with this discussion at all...if I wanted something else, I'd buy it...many here would do the same as well. We all bought the spyder for various reasons but the spyder is the bond that we all share. It's what makes our family unique.

This forum is for spyderlovers...hence the name. We don't tend to discuss BMW bikes, hondas, etc...there are enthusiast boards for those bikes...

A comparison here and there is good and healthy, but trying to make a big deal of another product when everyone here discusses the spyder is rather fruitless.

Just my 2 cents...take it or leave it....

On that note...enjoy your spyder!

:cheers:

Motza
11-07-2008, 10:57 PM
You missed my point.....I was referring to the Spyders computers, whose malfunction CAN kill you.....it almost happened to me !
What do you mean, what happen?

AMTJIM
11-07-2008, 11:03 PM
chinese scooter

Motza
11-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Some people here don't seem interested in other 3 wheeled vehicles. Jealousy perhaps? I for one, enjoy seeing what the competition has come up with. I may own a Spyder but I am certainly NOT a Spyder lover. First year vehicle or not, there is no valid reason for releasing a product that has as many issues as the Spyder. BRP tested this contraption for years before introduction....didn't they learn anything ?

Richard
To be plunt, we all spent alot of money for the Spyder $14900-$18900.
For that kind of money you could of purchased a New Honda Civic, or Toyota, both bulletproof in every aspect. Lots more amenities than the Spyder,
More reliable, lot more technology put into R&D etc. the list goes on.
If poeple feel that they did not get a quality item then get out of it, that simple. Sell it an move on. Personally I just started riding my Spyder SE5 and I'm enjoying it. Yes, I feel like I paid to much for the bike and I it was over priced by about $6000, but I wanted it... so I got it. As for the safety issue that's something totally different and should be seriously addressed by your dealer, hence BRP.
This is not a snow mobile or wave runner its (street legal) means of transportation, and quality, and safety should be at the top of the manufacturers list.
The End...

Way2Fast
11-08-2008, 10:01 PM
What do you mean, what happen?

I started a thread about what happened during a ride on my Spyder elsewhere on this forum. Briefly....it developed a mind of it's own and kept on wanting to jump lanes into the oncoming traffic. Computer malfunction ? From the posts received, it seems like I'm not the only one who experienced strange and dangerous Spyder behavior. I know the dealer (some 80 miles distant) will be clueless and I'm not ready to tempt suicide yet, so the Spyder stays locked in the garage. I just purchased a new Suzuki GSX650F sport bike, so I don't miss using the Spyder. The
Suzuki has quiet brakes, doesn't "moan" at slow speeds, runs and shifts smoother than any bike I ever owned. For the cost of a problem infected Spyder I could purchase 2 GSX's and have 2 grand left over !!:spyder:

bone crusher
11-08-2008, 11:07 PM
I started a thread about what happened during a ride on my Spyder elsewhere on this forum. Briefly....it developed a mind of it's own and kept on wanting to jump lanes into the oncoming traffic. Computer malfunction ? From the posts received, it seems like I'm not the only one who experienced strange and dangerous Spyder behavior. I know the dealer (some 80 miles distant) will be clueless and I'm not ready to tempt suicide yet, so the Spyder stays locked in the garage. I just purchased a new Suzuki GSX650F sport bike, so I don't miss using the Spyder. The
Suzuki has quiet brakes, doesn't "moan" at slow speeds, runs and shifts smoother than any bike I ever owned. For the cost of a problem infected Spyder I could purchase 2 GSX's and have 2 grand left over !!:spyder:

Agreed...have fun on the GSX board...seems like a lively group there...should have good conversation...can always talk about the Spyder there...oh, wait...they'll probably send you back here...

Hmmmmmm...

Way2Fast
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
I'll say one thing....I have yet to see anyone with any complaints or problems with the Suzuki GSX650F posting on that forum. Same with the forums on the other bike I own, a Yamaha Raider. Both these bikes were new for 2008, just like the Spyder, yet they seem to be almost problem free....a far cry from our beloved Spyder ! BRP had better wake up, if the Spyder gets a reputation like their 951 PWC engine or the defunct "gay" 3-D PWC, it will be an uphill battle to continue selling them.

Richard

NancysToy
11-09-2008, 04:31 PM
I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. I do think you should give the dealer a chance to fix the problem, in any case. To say they "will be clueless" certainly doesn't give them an actual chance to rectify what is apparently an isolated situation. Many of us have ridden thousands of miles on our Spyders without seriouos problems. In the end, having a broken Spyder in your garage does nobody any good. BRP can't learn it has a safety problem, and you are wasting the money that could be spent on two and a half GSXers or make a downpayment on a Harley-Lehmen trike. :) If the Spyder is unsafe, see if the dealer will come and get it. Somehow it can make the 80 miles to the dealer, and not be stuck taking up your garage space. I don't blame you for being skittish, or not loving the Spyder after your experience, it might scare me away, too. Just get it fixed and back on the road, somewhere, somehow, with someone. Addressing the problem helps us all in the end.
-Scotty

ataDude
11-09-2008, 07:25 PM
I agree whole-heartedly. Get in in, diagnosed, reported and fixed. You're not doing any of us... including yourself... any favors just sitting here b**t**ng about it. If there is a problem, BRP definitely needs to know about it.

Pardon my frank comments. Now, back to the mods. :D

I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. I do think you should give the dealer a chance to fix the problem, in any case. To say they "will be clueless" certainly doesn't give them an actual chance to rectify what is apparently an isolated situation. Many of us have ridden thousands of miles on our Spyders without seriouos problems. In the end, having a broken Spyder in your garage does nobody any good. BRP can't learn it has a safety problem, and you are wasting the money that could be spent on two and a half GSXers or make a downpayment on a Harley-Lehmen trike. :) If the Spyder is unsafe, see if the dealer will come and get it. Somehow it can make the 80 miles to the dealer, and not be stuck taking up your garage space. I don't blame you for being skittish, or not loving the Spyder after your experience, it might scare me away, too. Just get it fixed and back on the road, somewhere, somehow, with someone. Addressing the problem helps us all in the end.
-Scotty

bjt
11-10-2008, 08:29 AM
Way2fast, I agree with Scotty's and ATAdude's advice. I have about 12,000 miles on my Spyder including three 1,000 mile + trips and have ridden it daily (for the most part) for the past 7 months. I haven't had any really bad issues with my Spyder. Certainly nothing to make me feel its unsafe or untrustworthy, quite the opposite in my opinion. At least get your dealer to pick it up and have it sit in their garage while they figure out what is wrong with your Spyder.

Magic Man
11-10-2008, 09:14 AM
One thing I think everyone seems to miss with the Spyder is, it's not just a "first year" machine here.

Unlike all the other companies BRP jumpped in to the "deep end of the pool" here 100% bringing the Spyder to market. None of other companies had the "grapes" to do it! :clap:

Not only is it going to have some "first year growing pains" that new models have. But, this is a totally new concept in production machines never tried by anyone in mass production before.

The whole idea of this layout for consumer mass production has never been tried before by anyone.

So, when you have as many new ideas such as VSS, Power Steering, ABS, CAN-BUS all brought into one new machine concept all at one time, sure you are going to have more growing pains than just a new model of a 2 wheeled bike does. A bike that is only slightly "new" compaired to the uncharted waters the Spyder is swimming in.

I hate warranty down time as much as the next guy! But for a "first year concept machine" I don't think the problems this bike has are anywhere near problems some other "regular bikes" have had over the years.

Just ask all the 1999 and 2000 HD Twin Cam owners who had their motors go south because of the bad cam bearings how they feel about down time. Or the 2008 SE 110 motors that went south because of bad oil pumps right out of the box? Talk about down time and having your new bike tore apart. :yikes:

Bottom line is, if it's made by people some place along the way something will be overlooked, or mistakes will be made. But I don't think with almost 10,000 units made this year anything I have seen on the Spyder so far makes it a "problem" machine by any measure.

My 2 cents. :thumbup:

MM

effgjamis
11-10-2008, 11:17 AM

Richard

I gonna cry......