PDA

View Full Version : Spyder F3 Questions

etaoin
02-05-2015, 10:12 PM
Hello. I've become very interested in the new Spyder F3. Several months ago I "kicked the tires" on a Spyder RT and was very taken with it except for one thing. The foot peg position that keeps my old knees bent too much. The design of the RT doesn't look readily adaptable to highway pegs to be able to stretch my legs on occasion. Hence, my interest in the F3 with the "U-Fit" option. I'm waiting for my local dealership to get one in (any day now, they say) so I can see it in person.

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask a couple questions for those who've ridden one. How does it handle in windy conditions? I would definitely add a windshield if I got one. Also, how is the engine heat / ventilation handling? Do you get roasted at stoplights on hot days?

Thanks.

Lamonster
02-05-2015, 10:26 PM
The heat is a non issue. Handles better than any Spyder to date partly because you sit almost 4" lower in the seat. :doorag:

BLUEKNIGHT911
02-06-2015, 12:01 AM
For the RT you can either BUY them :gaah:....or make them :thumbup:.....Floorboards that extend towards the front and go up and over the small black plastic wings that stick out ...you can then put your heels on the slanted part thus stretching your legs out ..............it works .........Mike

Tom in NM
02-06-2015, 12:29 AM
I was out in 25 to 35 wind ( we get much higher here ) and the F3 was rock solid, but, even much higher winds never bothered my ST-S. To me, wind is a non-issue for the F3.

It has been to cool here to get a feeling about heat. So far it throws off almost no heat that the rider would notice. I've only had the fan come on a couple times and that was when I got trapped in a 45 minute traffic jam. The ST-S's fan would have been running for most of that time.

I am thinking Lamont is right and that heat won't be an issue - even when it gets over 100+ this Summer.

Tom

Chupaca
02-06-2015, 12:49 AM
your leg extension is no problem on the RT. Add floorboards or cruiser pegs and your good. Seating is different so if you (kicked the tires) on the RT you will need to do the same on the F3. Your other questions have been answered above. Now you have to decide if you want low ryder limited space or full bagger radio and plush ryde. :dontknow: either way hope to see you on the road soon...:thumbup:

etaoin
02-07-2015, 11:30 PM
I took my first Spyder test rides today. Took to them like a duck to water, I think. I first rode a 2014 RT Limited and was thoroughly impressed. The dealer said they could easily add highway pegs if I wanted. Then I rode an F3. The pegs were in the 3rd (out of 5) position and no windshield. The handling of the F3, I thought, was a little "sportier" but fun. The wind buffeting above 50 mph without a windshield was fierce, though. As tempting as the customizable leg positioning for the F3 is, I'm in the process of making a deal on the RT Limited. Hopefully, I'll be an official member the first of next week!