PDA

View Full Version : Sat on the F3 Monday 😎

Mike,P
02-04-2015, 12:32 PM
I got up early Monday morning to go scope out the F3 demo and like many have said,, it looks better in person... I think for me this Spyder will be a home run... The wifey and I loved our RTS but I think the F3s ability to dress up or down was a driving motivation to switch..I think with the right luggage set up n windshield we will be happy enough... The beauty of course in being wrong is that we can SUFFER with this one till the new RT comes out... 😎 Looking forward to picking mine up at the end of February!!!!

den1953
02-04-2015, 01:48 PM
Maybe 50 miles or so South of the state line. My dealer finally got his first one uncrated and on display in his showroom. I haven't got over there yet but want to before it is gone. I want to actually sit on one. The winter weather is preventing any demo riding though and the two week outlook is for just more of the same cold wintery weather.

Slagiatt
02-04-2015, 02:44 PM
Went to the dealer to see a Magnesium F3-S they had on the floor (not the one I ordered)

Surprises:

(1) The seat is sooooo much more comfortable (and larger) than it appears on the web. Can't imagine wanting the Cannonball Seat.

(2) Size of the pegs: they are huge! (I've ordered driver floorboards, but the pegs are great!) However, since I'm pretty much never 2-up, I may think of removing the passenger pegs. I love how the placement of the driver's pegs lets you assume the stretched out option only available with highway pegs on other rides.

(3) Overall size compared to other Spyders. The F3 I saw was sitting next to an ST and the ST looked significantly larger than the F3. Perhaps this is due to all of the plastic on the ST giving it a larger profile. Not sure, but the F3 did look like the little brother.

(4) The Frunk really is small...smaller than I expected, even having read all the complaints on SpyderLovers. My 1/2-helmet (with a small visor) almost didn't fit into it. (I'm hoping it will fit in the saddlebags I've ordered.) Having said that, it occurred to me that a large % of the 'stuff' I carried with me in the past I included just because I had the room, and most of it I never used. So, I'll just get a little more disciplined with my packing.

Being one of those "early adopters," I put a deposit on the F3 in October and have actually already paid for the accessories even though we don't have a VIN yet. So, I was just a speck apprehensive on the way to the dealer, hoping I wouldn't get any first-impression buyer's remorse emotions. Not even close! Having ridden for 50+ years, everything from a 90cc yamaha to Goldwings and large cruisers, I have no doubt that this is going to be the best riding experience of my life. Can't wait! It is due any day now......
:yes:

den1953
02-04-2015, 02:58 PM
The fact my dealer finally has one and the fact that I'm stuck here while a contractor is refurbishing part of my basement, then add the fact that this winter weather here in lovely Northwestern Ohio sucks, well I think you get it. Anyhow all these people getting theirs or getting to demo or even just sit on an F3 has me chomping at the bit so-to-speak.

vondalyn
02-04-2015, 05:24 PM
I was (sort of) surprised that many of the accessories that I ordered are on backorder until late March or early April. Not a big deal to me other than I can't/won't install my lidlox helmet locks until I get my heated grips installed and that's one of the backordered accessories.

Items on backorder for me:
saddlebags
passenger backrest (no rides for my mom before this arrives)
urban rack
heated grips
akrapovic silencer
auxiliary lights

vondalyn
02-04-2015, 06:39 PM
I was (sort of) surprised that many of the accessories that I ordered are on backorder until late March or early April. Not a big deal to me other than I can't/won't install my lidlox helmet locks until I get my heated grips installed and that's one of the backordered accessories.

Items on backorder for me:
saddlebags
passenger backrest (no rides for my mom before this arrives)
urban rack
heated grips
akrapovic silencer
auxiliary lights

Maybe their estimates of late March are a little off -- my auxiliary lights came in this morning, so they're installing them right now.

Chupaca
02-04-2015, 07:31 PM
not even the test ryde..!! :roflblack: congrats on your new ryde..!! :2thumbs: usually the test ryde cynches it but your not waiting...:clap::clap:

SPYD3R
02-04-2015, 07:37 PM
I'M COUNTING DOWN TO PICK-UP DAY FOR MY NEW F3-S...... 4, 3, 2............ :banghead:
dp