PDA

View Full Version : Installed Pitbull pipe to replace secondary muffler.

GunDoctor
02-04-2015, 12:28 AM
I removed the secondary muffler on my F3 and noticed a gasket ring that came out of the center pipe on the secondary muffler. When I had everything off, I could not find where this part is going to fit on the new pipe. Everything went back together, but I'm a little concerned that I was not able to replace this ring back in one of the flanged ends of the replacement pipe. I could take it all apart, but installing the third spring on the top of the new pipe was a pain, so I thought I'd try this post to see if anyone has done this.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Chupaca
02-04-2015, 01:10 AM
Some slip ons don't use the oem gaskets. If it did not fit on the new pipe keep it with the stock pipe. For example the Hindle pipe slips on with no gasket only clamp and springs but the new Yoshimura R77 does need that gasket...:thumbup: fire it up and check for leaks to make sure...

one2doo
02-04-2015, 07:49 AM
Whit from Pitbull told me to reuse that gasket. Look up parts diagram.

fispyder
02-04-2015, 08:50 AM
I had replaced my cat on the 14. Had pipe made. If it is the gasket I'm thinking about it slip over the pipe coming from the motor and the round side fits into the flanged end of the bypass pipe. The end that the springs attach too.

GunDoctor
02-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Thanks for the replies, but for the life of me can not see where it fits, except the part I removed.

TicketBait
02-04-2015, 05:16 PM
When I replaced my muffler ( broken baffle ) on my 2010 RT they told me to get this exhaust gasket# P/N 514053677 $19.99
and also high temp silicone as well. They said sometimes the gasket will not come out on an old unit and it is best to use a new one. It looked like it fit on the inside of the pipe that mounts to the bike where it bolts on. Hope this helps.

Ended up having the dealership do the install a few months later

GunDoctor
02-04-2015, 05:16 PM
Going to go back under and take everything off again and see if this gasket fits on the spring side of the new Pitbull pipe. Made a spring puller for that top spring.

Mike,P
02-04-2015, 06:12 PM
The op is talking abt an F3 specifically...

GunDoctor
02-04-2015, 09:53 PM
So here is the update. I removed the stock muffler and reluctantly removed those darn springs again. Had the pipe exposed in about ten minutes. Grabbed the cone shaped exhaust gasket that I left out and replaced on forward end of the replacement pipe I purchased from Pitbull . Now, that the gasket was in properly, it added a little more distance to stretching the three springs...oh fun..( never used the word fun). Whit at Pitbull suggested making a spring puller, which I did at lunch and was determined to not watch the sun go down again with only two springs done. Snagged the 3rd spring with my custom made puller, moved myself towards the back of the bike for leverage and gave it a tug. Done!! Had time left to install the +1 brake linkage to kick my legs out a bit more. Fired her up, and backed down the car ramps and took her for a spin to let Nanny reset herself after the gutting of that heavy boat anchor called secondary muffler. I so love this F3-S.

Retired 2012
02-04-2015, 10:42 PM
GunDoctor,
Got any photos of the new muffler? How does it sound?
I rode my F3-S for 6 hours today, what a blast, can't say enough about how great this ride is...:yes:

Mike,P
02-04-2015, 10:48 PM
GunDoctor,
Got any photos of the new muffler? How does it sound?
I rode my F3-S for 6 hours today, what a blast, can't say enough about how great this ride is...:yes:

It's an intermediate pipe that takes the place of the pre muffler- cat pipe..

GunDoctor
02-04-2015, 11:47 PM
Retired 2012... No pics, mainly because you can't really see the pipe, just that large can under the bike is gone and replaced with a pipe. I'm still running the stock tail pipe and love the new sound.

Retired 2012
02-05-2015, 12:58 AM
Sorry, I am confused.:banghead:
What was the gain? Sound and looks or more power?

fispyder
02-05-2015, 06:21 AM
When I changed mine on a14RTL it made the bike sound deeper/throatier.

GunDoctor
02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
Better fuel economy, rich sound and less heat, and about 10 pounds or so lighter.

zuni
02-05-2015, 01:20 PM
Installed in 31 minutes ground to ground. 13mm socket, spring tool (received with Two Brothers exhaust), and flat blade screwdriver (leverage!). Love the sound still using stock exhaust. I'm sure dropping 15 to 20 lbs sure won't hurt either. Link to audio clip on youtube.
http://youtu.be/qXSrYxfUehA

CJ JAX

Mike,P
02-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Installed in 31 minutes ground to ground. 13mm socket, spring tool (received with Two Brothers exhaust), and flat blade screwdriver (leverage!). Love the sound still using stock exhaust. I'm sure dropping 15 to 20 lbs sure won't hurt either. Link to audio clip on youtube.
http://youtu.be/qXSrYxfUehA

CJ JAX

Sounds perfect !!! It's as loud as I want mine, Thx for posting😎

GunDoctor
02-05-2015, 08:36 PM
CJ, great job!! Funny when I bought Two Brother pipe for my Girlfriends RSS, I didn't get any spring pull tool...lol. Had to make mine. Wow the sound over the Internet doesn't do this justice. I love the sound, especially once there is a load on it. I was going to buy an aftermarket slip on like Tailgunner, but now it is staying just as it is.