PDA

View Full Version : Run-A-Round on the SE-5 porblems.

shunkmanitu
11-05-2008, 05:50 PM
Just got a call from the service department. The gear position sensor that was backordered and due in LAST week is again on back order. The message is that it is an identical quantity to the original shipment so speculation is that that shipment may have been faulty.

My SE-5 has been down since Oct. 15 and the new shipment of parts is not due to BRP until around the 18th of November. That would be another week or more to get through their system and shipped. This would mean a repair date near the end of this month.

Three weeks of riding and at least five to six weeks in the shop. Another unit has already had one sensor replaced, the new one failed and hers is sitting next to mine. I think it is time to start contacting the Motorcycle press and let them know about the problems so BRP cannot continue selling units that will only sit in a service bay. If any body else is in the same position please have your dealer impress on BRP just unsatisfactory this is to their customers.

It was mentioned that BRP has on other products offered additional extended warranties to compensate dissatisfied customers. I already have a five year warranty on the Spyder and the doctors will not give me the same coverage on this body! I would just like to ride now while I can and worry about repairs as I wear the Spyder out!

caser
11-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Took my dealer a mo. to get a part for my power steering. Not acceptable.:(

jwfranklin
11-05-2008, 06:54 PM
I not a spring chicken myself. I myself was on dialysis for 30 months, but almost 6 years ago I had a transplant. I had thought about a SE5. My Boss Hoss trike is a full auto, just put her in Drive and GO, But the Rune and the V-Rod are both manual, So knew I could handle a manual. So with the price difference and fearing possible problems decided to go with the SM5, and these posts make me glad I did. And so far the only problem I've had is not having enough time to ride them all. That and a little break squeal. But I took a putty knife and put between the back pads and rotor and pushed the pads out a little, then took a pressure washer and washed it out, and seemed to quite it down. at least for now.

Wayne

Arch
11-05-2008, 10:00 PM
Just got a call from the service department. The gear position sensor that was backordered and due in LAST week is again on back order. The message is that it is an identical quantity to the original shipment so speculation is that that shipment may have been faulty.

My SE-5 has been down since Oct. 15 and the new shipment of parts is not due to BRP until around the 18th of November. That would be another week or more to get through their system and shipped. This would mean a repair date near the end of this month.

Three weeks of riding and at least five to six weeks in the shop. Another unit has already had one sensor replaced, the new one failed and hers is sitting next to mine. I think it is time to start contacting the Motorcycle press and let them know about the problems so BRP cannot continue selling units that will only sit in a service bay. If any body else is in the same position please have your dealer impress on BRP just unsatisfactory this is to their customers.

It was mentioned that BRP has on other products offered additional extended warranties to compensate dissatisfied customers. I already have a five year warranty on the Spyder and the doctors will not give me the same coverage on this body! I would just like to ride now while I can and worry about repairs as I wear the Spyder out!

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are having from your SE. I don't understand the difference, I've had mine for almost a month now and 1500 miles on it. So far it has performed far above my original expectations after reading all of these post. Performance, shifting, acceleration, handling, all seem fine to me and I'm no newbe, been riding since I was 16. This is a different machine and I'm glad for it. I sure hope that they find the problem you are having with your bike. As a disabled vet myself this is the best thing that has come my way period, 800 pound bike and dropping it on me or my wife had become a great concern, the spyder has taken all of that away, as well as the discomfort that my wife was experiencing from our old bike. I wish you all the best on the repairs for your bike but so far as for me and my wife, we are totally and absolutely satisfied.

Ed & Diana

effgjamis
11-05-2008, 10:26 PM

Have you checked the Lemon Law???

shunkmanitu
11-05-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you are having from your SE. I don't understand the difference, I've had mine for almost a month now and 1500 miles on it. So far it has performed far above my original expectations after reading all of these post. Performance, shifting, acceleration, handling, all seem fine to me and I'm no newbe, been riding since I was 16. This is a different machine and I'm glad for it. I sure hope that they find the problem you are having with your bike. As a disabled vet myself this is the best thing that has come my way period, 800 pound bike and dropping it on me or my wife had become a great concern, the spyder has taken all of that away, as well as the discomfort that my wife was experiencing from our old bike. I wish you all the best on the repairs for your bike but so far as for me and my wife, we are totally and absolutely satisfied.

Ed & Diana

I am sure that there are a number of the SEs that have no problems. From the numbers mentioned concerning the parts shipmen and from questions on this and other groups there is a good number of failures. I am just frustrated to not be able to ride a machine I put down a sizeable chunk of my savings for. The other points are the lack of response from their designated contact, the Spyder Team and the disclaimer from the Customer Service that they can only "document" my complaints but have no recourse to help speed up the system.

As I have previously mentioned I paid a little less for my Subaru Forester with computers and sensors throught out the transmession, transfer case, axel, brake controls, power steering, fuel management, climate control, defreost systems, etc. and total repair down time in nearly five years and fifty thousand miles has been about six hours.

Arch
11-05-2008, 10:41 PM
I am sure that there are a number of the SEs that have no problems. From the numbers mentioned concerning the parts shipmen and from questions on this and other groups there is a good number of failures. I am just frustrated to not be able to ride a machine I put down a sizeable chunk of my savings for. The other points are the lack of response from their designated contact, the Spyder Team and the disclaimer from the Customer Service that they can only "document" my complaints but have no recourse to help speed up the system.

As I have previously mentioned I paid a little less for my Subaru Forester with computers and sensors throught out the transmession, transfer case, axel, brake controls, power steering, fuel management, climate control, defreost systems, etc. and total repair down time in nearly five years and fifty thousand miles has been about six hours.

Please don't get me wrong, I fell your pain on not being able to ride. I'm only trying to state that I pray these are isolated instants for this new bike, after 5 years on a VTX with only maintenance required.

Ed

Motza
11-05-2008, 10:44 PM

You have a strong point, have you tried contacting the CEO of Can Am... hey you can always turn the new Honda DN-01 into a front trike like the Hyubusa reversed trike kit

Old saying;
If you want to play with the Big Dogs, you can't Pee like a Puppie!