PDA

View Full Version : Cat bypass

scottnkansas
02-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Are there any videos on doing the cat bypass change out?

Scott

zuni
02-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Have you tried a youtube search? It is one of those things that you think about doing but by the time you remember you are done.

CJ JAX

cuznjohn
02-02-2015, 02:59 PM
it is easy to understand once you get under the bike. hardest part of it is the top spring of the 3 that tie the front of the bypass pipe together

scottnkansas
02-02-2015, 07:50 PM
I have looked on YouTube. I didn't find anything.

I don't have a way raising my RT. So maybe having my dealer do the work is the way to go.

Scott

SPYD3R
02-02-2015, 08:18 PM
BY-PASS DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU HAVE A V-TWIN OR THE NEW 1330 3 CYL....
the V-Twin is a nightmare, and you should look at buying Lamonts units if you want a quick and easy fit....
on the 1330's, you are dealing with 1 pipe IN, and 1 pipe OUT... my TIRE & MUFFLER guy did a 'by-pass' on a friend of mines 1330 RT, and it was relatively an easy process... final cost was around $50, and it worked out just fine... check with your local muffler shop, and see what they say....
good luck...
Dan P
SPYD3R

doctorlbug
02-03-2015, 02:20 PM
BY-PASS DEPENDS ON WHETHER YOU HAVE A V-TWIN OR THE NEW 1330 3 CYL....
the V-Twin is a nightmare, and you should look at buying Lamonts units if you want a quick and easy fit....
on the 1330's, you are dealing with 1 pipe IN, and 1 pipe OUT... my TIRE & MUFFLER guy did a 'by-pass' on a friend of mines 1330 RT, and it was relatively an easy process... final cost was around $50, and it worked out just fine... check with your local muffler shop, and see what they say....
good luck...
Dan P
SPYD3R
The CAT b-pass has a new name. Since in most instances it is illegal to mess with or change the Catalytic converter, It is now referred to as the "SECOND EXHAUST".

Dragonfly
02-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Seriously thinking about reversing the catectomy on my 2013 RT. Have not really found any major benefit and although the glovebox was 30 to 40*F cooler after wrapping all he exhaust up to the muffler and although got a few MPG more and more power still makes me think if it is all worth the hassle. Has anyone with the conversion gone through an annual vehicle inspection in Virginia?

GunDoctor
02-04-2015, 12:38 AM
Just completed this tonight on the F3. Top spring is a total pain if all you have is vise grips. I posted another link in another string because I have an extra left over part that I can not make it fit with the new pipe. It was a gasket type ring that came from the large flange in the secondary muffler, nothing big enough to place in any of the new pipes or tail exhaust. Everything fits and seals well, but was hoping someone has done one on the f3.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]