PDA

View Full Version : My gf and I had a tough decision to make last night....

wyliec
02-01-2015, 11:30 AM
I found this this morning, and showed it to my gf, and she broke down; but, she did appreciate it, as did I.

Grieving and Pet Loss

Coping With The Death Of A Loved Dog Or Cat

Do not stand on my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain. I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in the circled flight. I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry; I am not there. I did not die.
- Unknown -

Chupaca
02-01-2015, 12:40 PM
Our dog died a few months ago and my daughters a few weeks ago. She is flying in with his ashes and we will mingle them together to the winds one young one old to wander those paths mentioned in your post....

cuznjohn
02-01-2015, 12:49 PM
loosing a pet is like loosing a family member, i am very sorry for your loss, bob d posted this some time ago and i saved it because it is beautiful and i hope i am not stepping on his toes to post the link, but it is beautiful

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

ARtraveler
02-01-2015, 02:57 PM
Thank you for the posting Wyliec. This is a new one that I have not seen before. Very comforting for those who have lost beloved pets.

Also, thank you John for posting the link to the Rainbow Bridge. I have that printed out, framed, and sitting on top of one of my bookcases. Every time I read it, it does bring tears, and hope to my eyes. I have lost over four pets, the most recent a couple months ago. Cinnamon my friend for 13 years roams the universe and will meet me at the Rainbow Bridge soon.

Cruzr Joe
02-01-2015, 02:58 PM
loosing a pet is like loosing a family member, i am very sorry for your loss, bob d posted this some time ago and i saved it because it is beautiful and i hope i am not stepping on his toes to post the link, but it is beautiful

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

I will probably get flamed for this but here goes ............................... While i am an animal lover, i can not in any way associate losing a pet with losing a family member.

( I have in my lifetime lost many pets, it is a sad time, But the loss of a Family Member is by far different)

This is not meant to be offensive to anyone.

Cruzr Joe

MisterP
02-01-2015, 03:06 PM
I miss the pets that I have lost, and think of them fondly. That's more than I can say for many of my family members.

To each their own, I guess...

cuznjohn
02-01-2015, 04:28 PM
to me my dogs are my loved ones. it is just the way i look at them. no offense taken

Orange Spyder Man
02-01-2015, 04:42 PM
I lost a 12 German Shorthair Pointer named Dusti... its hard to lose a pet.. they give so much love unconditionally.. my pastor heard about it.. and approached me at mass .. he said he had just lost a wonderful dog of 11 years.. he asked "do you know why dogs & cats do not live as long as humans"? of coarse I did not have an answer... he said... "God, wants us to teach us... in our life time we will lose love ones" .. i understood what the point he was making in 2 short years... i lost my wife of 31 years to cancer...
Sorry for your loss.. you will be re-united with your beloved pet one day..

osm

Bob Denman
02-02-2015, 08:01 AM
I am so sorry for your loss... Prayers to you both! :pray::pray:

mowin
02-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Sorry for your loss:pray:. Like many on here, I have recently lost one of my dogs. Different than loosing a "family member"?, as one put it. But to some of us, our pets are family members. While different, it's still a very difficult time.

grumpybob
02-02-2015, 10:45 AM
sorry for your loss.