PDA

View Full Version : F3 long reach bars

kkcdcdc
02-01-2015, 08:59 AM
Most of the pics I have seen show everyone's new F3 with the stock bars...
Has anyone added the long reach bars or is the stock bar what most are
opting for? My dealer said my F3 has been shipped and will be here this week.
I am adding the long reach bars and will post pics when I can.

den1953
02-01-2015, 09:33 AM
Are these shorter bars to produce a longer reach or are they longer bars to get a shorter reach? The words "long reach" make me think they're for people with long arms.

kkcdcdc
02-01-2015, 09:37 AM
101608More straight, makes your arms straight out instead of bending at the elbow.
position C on the ufit system.

maliamd
02-01-2015, 10:32 AM
My husband and I test drove the F3 this past week. He did not like the stock handle bars. He likes his handlebars closer and lower to his body. We both have the tri- axis handlebars on our bikes now and love them. Don't know if the F3 comes with different sized handlebars.

SPYD3R
02-01-2015, 10:33 AM
I ORDERED MY F3-S WITH THE 'OEM' BARS......
AT 6'1", I WILL SEE HOW IT FEELS PRIOR TO ORDERING ANY OPTIONAL BARS... I MAY JUST FIND THAT THE 'OEM' BARS ARE JUST FINE...
DAN P
SPYD3R

den1953
02-01-2015, 10:48 AM
I'm 6 feet tall with a 32 inch inseam so I know ahead of time that the +2 foot control rods will be needed. Like you I'll wait & see if the stock handlebars suit me or not. I don't want my arms pulled too straight which would pull on my shoulders, but I don't want them too close either.

LV2RYDE
02-01-2015, 10:50 AM
My husband and I test drove the F3 this past week. He did not like the stock handle bars. He likes his handlebars closer and lower to his body. We both have the tri- axis handlebars on our bikes now and love them. Don't know if the F3 comes with different sized handlebars.

From my dealer in PA, motorsports inc. (great having business with it. Even if I have to drive 90 miles each way):bowdown::bowdown:
Here are the three proposed bars:
short reach perfect for peg position 1 &2
Stock bar fits peg position 3&4
long reach bar fits peg position 5
my position is 1&2 even though what fits me is stock handlebar
it depends on not just your hight, what the proportion and length of your arms, and finally your style of riding ( elbows close to body, away from body, or just half way and relaxed.
The extra handlebar is about $149.99 ( so, if you don't feel comfortable with stock one, easy to have other lengths available at your dealer .
Wish that is helpful

Chupaca
02-01-2015, 10:53 AM
many of the ryders getting there F3's can't even ryde them yet (weather) and others haven't had much time. Great questions and quite a few already but you all will have to give it a bit more time. Many will be answered without even asking...thats what we do here...:thumbup:

LV2RYDE
02-01-2015, 10:53 AM
Are these shorter bars to produce a longer reach or are they longer bars to get a shorter reach? The words "long reach" make me think they're for people with long arms.

Please,read the answer is below in this thread

vondalyn
02-01-2015, 11:21 AM
I ordered the "muscle attitude" package (though I swapped out the black stripe for a red one and the urban rack for the mono seat cowl), so I'll be trying out the "attitude handlebar". That item arrived with my spyder, but I don't think I'll get to pick up my spyder until late this week so I won't know how it feels.

That said, I'm not even sure how the "attitude handlebar" differs from the stock handlebar, and I don't know if that's what I'll end up staying with if it's not a comfortable fit.

vondalyn
02-01-2015, 11:54 AM
I ordered the "muscle attitude" package (though I swapped out the black stripe for a red one and the urban rack for the mono seat cowl), so I'll be trying out the "attitude handlebar". That item arrived with my spyder, but I don't think I'll get to pick up my spyder until late this week so I won't know how it feels.

That said, I'm not even sure how the "attitude handlebar" differs from the stock handlebar, and I don't know if that's what I'll end up staying with if it's not a comfortable fit.
I just read the descriptions of all the handlebars in the Ebay ads, and it looks like the "attitude handlebar" leans the torso slightly forward and changes the angle for the wrists/arms. Again... without going through the ufit process, not sure what I think is comfortable, but I do like the thought of leaning forward slightly.

reissooz
02-01-2015, 01:08 PM
I actually got to sit on a red F3-s in Des Moines last weekend with the stock bars and pegs, and it felt pretty comfortable. Of course, that's coming off a a v-rod that, even with the longer bars available for the v-rod, makes you lean forward. I felt pretty comfortable, and if I want to draw the bars back a little more, I will go for a different bar.

MRH
02-01-2015, 04:24 PM
They do a really interesting thing at the Harley dealer near me (I'm not a Harley guy, but they have one of the best branded companies and sales systems in the country). They have a bike set up where they can quick-change the seat, handle bars, and a few other riding position options (including the windshield, I think) for riders to sit on; they essentially "fit" the bike for you and build up their sale in the process.

I know that there is no comparison in terms of the number of Harley sales vs. F3 sales, but I do wonder if some version of that might not be a very good idea for an enterprising dealer in a more competitive area.

vondalyn
02-01-2015, 04:58 PM
They do a really interesting thing at the Harley dealer near me (I'm not a Harley guy, but they have one of the best branded companies and sales systems in the country). They have a bike set up where they can quick-change the seat, handle bars, and a few other riding position options (including the windshield, I think) for riders to sit on; they essentially "fit" the bike for you and build up their sale in the process.

I know that there is no comparison in terms of the number of Harley sales vs. F3 sales, but I do wonder if some version of that might not be a very good idea for an enterprising dealer in a more competitive area.
I was told that's what the U-fit system is -- they have a mockup or something similar where they can move everything around to see what you like best before you commit to whichever foot position/handlebar position.

MRH
02-01-2015, 05:13 PM
I was told that's what the U-fit system is -- they have a mockup or something similar where they can move everything around to see what you like best before you commit to whichever foot position/handlebar position.

Retroactive implementation of my ideas! BRP really is really on the ball.

kkcdcdc
03-01-2015, 09:00 AM
F3 is in my garage finally.
long reach bars are a perfect fit for me.
sunny and 30 degrees outside...
still went for my first ride though, all I can say is wow,
my RS was fun but this F3 is awesome..

zuni
03-01-2015, 09:44 AM
We changed the bars out for the short reach on our F3 to make it more comfortable for my wife. The change is fairly easy and my first thought was that I could swap out the bars depending on who was riding the F3. After riding for over a month now I am very happy with the feel of the short reach bar and see no need to change it back to the standard. There is a pin that fits into a slot on the bar at the mounting plate to keep it from moving too far out of position if the screws are loose. By loosening the screws you can rotate the bar giving you 4" to 5" of adjustment. I have them positioned lower so as not to block the mirrors for either of us.

CJ JAX

GunDoctor
03-01-2015, 10:01 AM
My dealer does not have the UFit system, so ( likely because he only ordered 2) only know what I got. Stock bars are good, but no way of telling if another would be better. I did change the pegs to +1 and that fits my leg reach better. I'm 5' 9", but legs tend to lock up so wanted longer reach. Some adjustment can be made to the bars, but not much as they will block my vision of the side mirrors.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Lamonster
03-01-2015, 10:19 AM
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11008556_865169580192981_960151214565319935_n.jpg? oh=e3df940507f958736d81a0d7c72a68a9&oe=5582992F

zuni
03-01-2015, 10:38 AM
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11008556_865169580192981_960151214565319935_n.jpg? oh=e3df940507f958736d81a0d7c72a68a9&oe=5582992F

Looking good. Can't wait to see it in Daytona in a few days.

CJ JAX

kkcdcdc
03-01-2015, 10:43 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102930&stc=1
Long reach vs standard bar

Tom in NM
03-01-2015, 12:26 PM
We changed the bars out for the short reach on our F3 to make it more comfortable for my wife. The change is fairly easy and my first thought was that I could swap out the bars depending on who was riding the F3. After riding for over a month now I am very happy with the feel of the short reach bar and see no need to change it back to the standard. There is a pin that fits into a slot on the bar at the mounting plate to keep it from moving too far out of position if the screws are loose. By loosening the screws you can rotate the bar giving you 4" to 5" of adjustment. I have them positioned lower so as not to block the mirrors for either of us.

CJ JAX

. . . . and have adjusted mine like CJ did. 2 important things to watch out for.
1. Yup, don't block the mirror. It is easy to do that. :opps:
2. There is a trade off between a comfortable basic 'cruiser' posture/reach during regular riding and what is required for full turns ( like in a parking lot or in a garage - forward & reverse ). I don't mind the left handgrip rotating out of my reach, but you need to have a full 'useable ' grip on the right for throttle control. When turning the bike to a full right turn, I am pulling the right grip all the way towards me and the left will rotate out of my reach. Then I push the right forward and the left grip will come back into reach. The closer the grip is to your body, the further it will rotate away from you.

So, if you are testing bars, test it for comfort cruising AND how it works at full turn.

It is nice to have so many adjustments to find your 'sweet spot ', all you need to do is get it into the ballpark with the U-fit, and then have the dealer tweek it at delivery, or DIY later after you have some experience with it.

Tom

Genet
03-01-2015, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=Tom in NM;941289]. . . . and have adjusted mine like CJ did. 2 important things to watch out for.
1. Yup, don't block the mirror. It is easy to do that. :opps:
2. There is a trade off between a comfortable basic 'cruiser' posture/reach during regular riding and what is required for full turns ( like in a parking lot or in a garage - forward & reverse ). I don't mind the left handgrip rotating out of my reach, but you need to have a full 'useable ' grip on the right for throttle control. When turning the bike to a full right turn, I am pulling the right grip all the way towards me and the left will rotate out of my reach. Then I push the right forward and the left grip will come back into reach. The closer the grip is to your body, the further it will rotate.

So, if you are testing bars, test it for comfort cruising AND how it works at full turn.

It is nice to have so many adjustments to find your 'sweet spot ', all you need to do is get it into the ballpark with the U-fit, and then have the dealer tweek it at delivery, or DIY later after you have some experience with it.

TRI-Y
03-01-2015, 08:47 PM
If you were 5 10 today,what were you yesterday?

zuni
03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
Look out, grammar police. :lecturef_smilie::yes:

CJ JAX

Genet
03-01-2015, 09:16 PM

the same as tomorrow,only wise enough to know not to post any more informative information on this site.

BAM
03-02-2015, 04:44 PM
i have the long reach bar (c option)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/BAMSRT4/DSCN0733_zps83e7462a.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/BAMSRT4/media/DSCN0733_zps83e7462a.jpg.html)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/BAMSRT4/DSCN0726_zpse81eb728.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/BAMSRT4/media/DSCN0726_zpse81eb728.jpg.html)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/BAMSRT4/DSCN0729_zps808fd9e4.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/BAMSRT4/media/DSCN0729_zps808fd9e4.jpg.html)

it look as the stock one but is shorter in height and lengt

bigwhammy
03-04-2015, 03:38 PM
I like the licence/number plate holder.
Is it Canadian oem, aftermarket or made by or for you?
It would look good on our Australian model as we get the wide rear indicators.

BAM
03-04-2015, 05:17 PM
I like the licence/number plate holder.
Is it Canadian oem, aftermarket or made by or for you?
It would look good on our Australian model as we get the wide rear indicators.

it a rs st part last year it looked like that

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/BAMSRT4/DSCN0305_zps7a2ae5e3.jpg (http://s130.photobucket.com/user/BAMSRT4/media/DSCN0305_zps7a2ae5e3.jpg.html)

it was collecting dust in the garage so i tchoped it and custom fit to the f3

part number is 219 400 400

but be aware it not tcheap 350 $ canadian

hopfully someone will come with and altenative but to date i think it the best looking f3 fender delted kit ive seen

Tom in NM
03-04-2015, 10:11 PM
. . . . I had got a picture. A guy in the local Ryder group here took off the rear fender of his F3 and mounted it to the underside of the wheel-well - so just the light and plate attachment area were visible.

When I first saw it, I thought it was completely fender-less and couldn't see how the plate was being supported. Very cool looking.

When doing it, he may have mentioned that he flipped the fender around to better fit the arc of the wheel-well - sorry, I don't remember exactly, but I will ask him next time I see him. Overall, my impression was it took less than a half hour to do.

Tom

Ronbo
03-09-2015, 07:37 PM
LAmont,
I knew your job was tough, but didnt know u had to ride through machine-gun fire!
Just kidding that really looks great,great paint job!
Ron

BronzeF3
06-24-2015, 04:25 PM
i have the long reach bar (c option)
it look as the stock one but is shorter in height and lengt

how tall are you? Do the long reach bars make it more difficult to see the mirrors?

Thanks!!

hgl
03-13-2018, 08:59 AM
I just received my F3 and my only complaint is the stock handlebar. I would like to have a wider angle on the grips (broad shoulders). Does anyone know if the Long Reach bars change the angle or just the length?

Chefex
09-25-2018, 11:04 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102930&stc=1

Long reach vs standard bar

A picture is worth a 1000 words. thank you.

hypurone
09-25-2018, 07:17 PM
I just received my F3 and my only complaint is the stock handlebar. I would like to have a wider angle on the grips (broad shoulders). Does anyone know if the Long Reach bars change the angle or just the length? BRP only markets the bars in terms of the "reach" to them for the rider. They don't really talk about angles or widths....

I like a wider grip spread as well and like my upper body leaning forward vs straight up and down. I went with the drag bars. They are the widest I've tried.... These are the 2 best pics I have to try to show the width....

Firefly
09-26-2018, 12:47 AM
Long reach = you're reaching longer.
Short reach = you're reaching shorter.

I put the short reach ones on, foot pegs in position 4 and run a Corbin seat with Ultimate/Lamonster backrest. The Corbin sits a bit further back and maybe down and the short reach bars feel really good to me.

Petrom714
09-27-2018, 10:49 AM
i am told that demo model with the movable piece is no longer in use at dealer showrooms--somehow too expensive to maintain one unit that i guess cant be sold as news or something--awful--im in a stock standard set up f3 and feel the extra few inches a short reach bar would give me would be better for me but i cant test the hypothesis because BRP cheaped out...wth?