PDA

View Full Version : Best F3 Demo Ride Video Yet

den1953
01-30-2015, 02:55 PM
This guy did a nice evaluation of the F3-S SM6 as he rode it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6GG87Zt_cM

Tom in NM
01-30-2015, 04:48 PM
While it is long, it is really interesting to hear the guy's opinions. He is coming at this from a completely different perspective, so while my first inclination was to dismiss some of his observations, on 2nd thought - no, they are observations and it all depends on what you value.

He has a real sensitivity to how the F3 sounds ( he likes it & so do I ), but he really likes motorcycle sounds and yes, the F3 is different. I think he was off on it's parking lot dead stop steering and it not being for "seniors". I may be exceptional, but I am 66 and have had a shoulder replaced, and the F3 ( and other Spyders I have owned ) are no problem. Actually, I was riding my Spyder 4 days after my surgery and not having any problem. Given where I park, it takes some maneuvering ( with clearance measured in inches ) to drive out and also park the Spyder - in both forward and reverse. My take is the steering assist works when it should and it is easy. Where-as, I feel like I am in a Sumo match with my motorcycle. So, test drive to see if it fits you.

Also, my experience on the F3 and "vibration" in different gears at various RPMs was different. I really do not notice much at all. It may be that I am not sensitive to it, or a difference from one Spyder to another. On the F3, I cannot tell when to shift by the bike's vibration. On other observation, I found it hilarious that he hit 6th gear at all on that ride - I don't think I would have even hit 5th - and I don't think I would have ever gotten close to the red line. But, that is a learning curve of experience and riding style. Too bad he didn't ride a SE6, I would have enjoyed hearing what he thought about that.

He also has my admiration for being able to talk through the experience - and make sense. That is talent.

Tom

den1953
01-30-2015, 06:12 PM
Demo one for myself and see how close or different my experience will be. At least this video and others are kind of giving me a preview. Now if our Ohio winter would just go away. We're supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of new snow on Sunday February 1st, go figure.

Yazz
01-30-2015, 07:48 PM

This is the first video I watched all 50 minutes. Great commentary and experimenting with the gears.

Agree with Tom in NM about dead stop steering...

OJ UK
01-31-2015, 05:16 AM
I noticed that he didn't get to use Reverse gear at all, I think he kinda forgot that it was there.
As Joy pointed out there is no real need to used the steering at a dead stop at least very rarely.
A definitive test from a very experienced motorcycle rider.

vondalyn
01-31-2015, 03:07 PM
I noticed that he didn't get to use Reverse gear at all, I think he kinda forgot that it was there.
As Joy pointed out there is no real need to used the steering at a dead stop at least very rarely.
A definitive test from a very experienced motorcycle rider.

that's all I could think of whenever he was walking his FJR backwards -- man! He never tried reverse on the spyder. He would like that :)

Orange Spyder Man
01-31-2015, 03:12 PM
I tried a demo ride on the F3 about 2 weeks ago... i'll pass on one...... & keep my RT limited

osm

den1953
02-01-2015, 06:50 AM
They're not for everyone and we all have different tastes, likes & dislikes. It's nice to have more choices though. I still need to get a demo ride on one before I decide but I do like the looks. The F3 could very well be my first trike, time will tell.

Jharpo
02-01-2015, 04:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6GG87Zt_cM
Glad you liked my ST Limited back at the dealer. That one by the door was White Lightning as you could have read on the front tires. I traded her in the week before on my new F3S who is White Lightning 2. I'm already planning the customizing on the new bike. Great, honest, unbiased review. I love my new F3. Glad you enjoyed the ride.

Bagger
02-08-2015, 04:14 PM
I was interested in how a "motorcycle guy" liked the F3-S, too. I had the 1st version of the FJR ... never liked it a bit even after doing many aftermarket things to it. Just not my cup o'joe. The ST1300 and the 2010 Concours are much more to my liking.

Anyway, I'm certainly interested in a test ride on the F3-S. And, I'm leaning toward the non-manual bike, too. But, with over 2 feet of snow on the ground and another half a foot or more coming tonight ... well, it'll be sometime in March before that happens. Looking forward to giving one a go.

Excellent review, though. And, really nice commentary while riding. The guy's a pro. Watched the whole thing!

GunDoctor
02-09-2015, 09:22 PM
I love my F3' and I'm a harley guy, and I'm selling it.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

den1953
02-10-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm still a Victory Guy but I am almost ready to do the same thing you did. I love my Vic but my body, especially my legs are telling me it's time to do it. I think whenever I do go to the F3 I'll have no regrets whatsoever.