PDA

View Full Version : Horn removal

whiteyron
01-30-2015, 02:31 PM
Is it possible to remove and replace the horn on my 2013 RT Limited without removing the frunk? This is as stated an RT Limited, so it has the fog lights. If it can be done without frunk removal, what panels need to be removed? Thanks in advance. :bowdown::bowdown::popcorn::popcorn:

Copperman
01-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Is it possible to remove and replace the horn on my 2013 RT Limited without removing the frunk? This is as stated an RT Limited, so it has the fog lights. If it can be done without frunk removal, what panels need to be removed? Thanks in advance. :bowdown::bowdown::popcorn::popcorn:

and replaced it with a Stebel air horn on my 2013 RT Limited. The only way I got to it was by removing the frunk. I installed the Stebel in the same location as the stock horn... with a little modification to black cowling.

On my 2014 RT Limited the horn is easily accessible without removing the frunk.

Good luck. With a little help from a friend, it should be easy to do.

johnnyrocket
01-30-2015, 09:48 PM

I will be riding with my friend tomorrow who has done a number of horn swaps including his own 2013 limited. I will see if he will come up on this site and fill you in.

Marker
01-31-2015, 12:01 AM
Search the how to section as there are great how to videos and information provided by members.
I hope others chime in to help you.

cptjam
01-31-2015, 12:32 AM
A handful of push rivets, the left panel opens enough to grab the wires. Put back together, mount the bad boy or steibel horn under the left black panel, opposite the coolant bottle. The stock horn is not hurting anything staying there, and you save a couple of hours work.