PDA

View Full Version : In A Somber Spirit

SNOOPY
01-29-2015, 09:50 PM
So many of my friends have had loved ones pass away in the last few months.

2 friends lost their mom, one their dad, etc. etc.

I had a great friend pass away a couple weeks ago.

Parents have their times of health failing.

Never realized this time of my life would have these things going on, just not something you think about....

Not asking for anything, just saying I wish there was some warning of certain things at certain times in life. :(

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 09:52 PM
So many of my friends have had loved ones pass away in the last few months.

I had a great friend pass away a couple weeks ago.

Parents have their times of health failing.

Never realized this time of my life would have these things going on, just not something you think about....

Not asking for anything, just saying I wish there was some warning of certain things at certain times in life. :(

I too have lost several friends lately, hope this is not a sign.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
01-29-2015, 10:01 PM
knowing doesn't help must be why things happen as they do. Sad, unfair, unkind etc I have come to find, looking back and having only my mother left, it was probably best it all happened as it did. Still not easy hang in there and keep moving don't let it catch up to you...

PrairieSpyder
01-29-2015, 10:11 PM
I feel for you, Snoopy. I lost my Mom a few years ago after a long decline in dementia. Now I am more aware of my Pa's declining health. I was blessed to get to be my Mom's care-taker and now my Dad's. I cherish this time I get to spend with him.

SNOOPY
01-29-2015, 10:34 PM
I feel for you, Snoopy. I lost my Mom a few years ago after a long decline in dementia. Now I am more aware of my Pa's declining health. I was blessed to get to be my Mom's care-taker and now my Dad's. I cherish this time I get to spend with him.

My mom and dad are still alive...but it seems all my friends parents are dying lately. :(

I'm not that close to my parents, but it still has a great effect on ones thoughts...

In the big picture I know what happens after death and am prepared for it, but man, these things really hit you at times....

SNOOPY
01-29-2015, 11:01 PM
Thanks Roger

ARtraveler
01-29-2015, 11:15 PM
Bad things seem to happen in multiples. Hang in there my friend.

cuznjohn
01-30-2015, 12:24 AM
i went to a wake today for a aunt that passed, my dads brothers and sisters are all gone, 9 of them, and on my mothers side there are only 2 brothers left out of 12 siblings. when people are older the hurt is not as bad as when someone young dies. i lost two best friends at young ages and that hit me hard. but as they say LIFE GOES ON and no parent should never bury a child. hang in there buddy

Bob Denman
01-30-2015, 08:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=W4ga_M5Zdn4&x-yt-cl=85114404&feature=player_detailpage

Sorry for your losses...

Orange Spyder Man
01-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Death is so final...sorry for your loss... I kinda understand... I lost my wife & my mother in less than a year...

osm

Gray Ghost
01-30-2015, 09:16 AM
My mom and dad are still alive...but it seems all my friends parents are dying lately.
I'm not that close to my parents, but it still has a great effect on ones thoughts...
In the big picture I know what happens after death and am prepared for it, but man, these things really hit you at times....

It is never easy. My mom and dad and their siblings are all gone, both of my brothers. The only lesson, if you will, that I could pass on is to talk to your family and those close to you now. Go through the old pictures and get names to faces now. My last uncle passed away a couple of years ago, he had cared for my grandmother and in his personal effects I now have photos dating back to the early 1900s. Unfortunately there is no one who can identify so many of them. I also never took the time to ask the questions about how things were when they were growing up, etc. So many lost opportunities to learn valuable family history.

I feel you pain. Just do what you can to make sure that you have no regrets once the inevitable happens.

bronzeflex42
01-30-2015, 10:20 AM
I feel you Snoopy. Our small city had a motorcycle death here yesterday. A driver of an SUV pulled out in front of the cyclist. He was on a two wheeler don't know what kind. You just don't never know :pray::pray:

mxz600
01-30-2015, 10:41 AM
Snoopy, I know what you speak of in a big way. I too have lost far to many people in the last few months.

Hang in there, time does heal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXOXemhFpFU

R FUN
01-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Life is precious. I lost both parents and a sister. My riding friends, they also ride a spyder, the wifes brother died this month, then her mother a couple weeks later and two days before her funeral there daughter, 54 years old and loves her motorcycle, was diagnosed with cancer and given 12 months to live. Live life to the fullest , its short.
Roger

SNOOPY
01-30-2015, 03:38 PM
:)

Buggy
01-30-2015, 06:35 PM
As we age deaths of friends become more and more common and these affect us more because they are our contemporaries. A riding buddy of mine went on a ride to Tennessee in September and died in November after a sudden illness. His death greatly affected the whole group. The only good thing is the rest of us are still here remember him and the good times we had. Live life without regrets and take care of the ones close to you because you are right. A lot of times there is no warning.

dlby
02-03-2015, 08:02 AM
Ive been a preacher for 35 years ( just a converted 70s hippie) but even at all that we all have some very tough times ( answers are different for everyone how to cope
Bless you & may you be comforted

Bob Denman
02-03-2015, 08:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sgOpTHNBQkI

IdahoMtnSpyder
02-03-2015, 05:32 PM
I know what you mean Snoopy. I've lost my two oldest brothers, parents, all my aunts and uncles, and all but 4 of about 30 cousins. Several years ago I told a coworker, "You know we're getting old when the ailments we heard our parents and aunts and uncles talk about are the ones we now talk about."

It's a bit unsettling when I read the obituaries in the paper. Seems about 6 out of 10 are younger than I am now.

SNOOPY
02-03-2015, 09:11 PM
Never thought of losing siblings. I've got a ton. My parents thought when the bible said "be fruitful and multiply" God was talking directly to them. Lol

Guess good thing I'm not close to any of them although it would be more sad news.

Netminder
02-03-2015, 10:15 PM
I to know how you feel Snoopy, have lost many people close to me over the last few years. It is called the present for a reason , let's enjoy it as such! :pray::pray: to you all!