PDA

View Full Version : Happy Kansas Day!!

PrairieSpyder
01-29-2015, 01:29 PM
'nuff said! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-29-2015, 02:20 PM
Happy Kansas day. :yes::yes:

We have an Alaska Day. October 18th (Sunday) this year. It is a State Holiday and a lot of people get the day off with pay. That will be Monday the 19th this year.

Alaska Day is an official holiday in Alaska, the United States, on October 18 each year. It commemorates the formal transfer of Alaska from Russia to the United States on October 18, 1867.

We also celebrate Seward's Day. The purchase of the Alaskan territories from the Russians for about 3 million dollars. Also known as Seward's Folly.

Seward’s Day is a holiday in Alaska, the United States, to commemorate the US purchase of Alaska from Russia in 1867. This state holiday is annually held on the last Monday of March.

Orange Spyder Man
01-29-2015, 02:26 PM
today must have been Happy S. Louisiana day also... 2 of us rode our:spyder2: about 100 miles... sunny & 79 degrees... man I love the south :2thumbs:

osm

Chupaca
01-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Which Kansas...?? The city, the state, the town...Dad was from Kansas...MO. But I now so enjoy...:yes::yes::yes::yes:

PrairieSpyder
01-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Which Kansas...?? The city, the state, the town...Dad was from Kansas...MO. But I now so enjoy...:yes::yes::yes::yes:

The state!! It's the anniversary of Kansas' admission to the union.