PDA

View Full Version : New Shock Adjusters from BajaRon

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 10:26 AM
I am a little behind the other testers but weather was a factor so here are my thoughts:

Last week I was lucky enough to be a tester for BajaRon's new shock adjusters on my 2014 Rt-S, when i first put them on (at the lowest level of adjustment) i felt an immediate difference, Spyderpops installed them for me and the 60 mile ride home was good, i traveled 10 miles on city streets, 25 miles on semi highway twisted road and then 25 miles on full Interstate. City streets ride was fun because i felt that there was not as much bounce as before, Semi Highway twisted road was initially a little spooky because my turns were quicker and my lean factor was less, but after a few miles i could tell that it was much easier to stay in my lane even though i was going a little faster than normal, Full interstate, here is where i could really tell the difference, less turbulence from other traffic, quicker, sharper lane changes, i felt like i had better control.

This week I went back to Spyderpops 60 Miles each way. I have adjusted the shocks up one full turn now and wanted to see the difference, Full interstate, good slightly more quicker on lane changes and good solid feel when passing large vehicles, Semi Highway twisted road, i started out a little too fast and almost upset the nanny because one wheel or the other was trying to leave the ground in the turns (i am one of those riders that feels comfortable with a little lean, not much lean at this setting), slowed down just a little and all was well, City Streets was good no problems and comfortable feel. I think that the one full turn setting for me is good, because on the ride back I relaxed and enjoyed it.

Overall assessment, Very Good, I think everyone that gets a set will be happy because they can dial in their own settings and adjust for different rides as desired and i think the easily adjusted fact is important because you have numerous choices, I think the folks that like a rigid ride will appreciate the adjustable factor also.

From a visual standpoint :thumbup:......................... Really nice, look like they came with the Spyder from the factory.

Just my .02 cents.

I will post a photo later today.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
01-29-2015, 11:23 AM
:clap: :firstplace:
Sooooo... When will us "mere mortals" be able to order them?

Dragonrider
01-29-2015, 11:41 AM
Bob - Doc's kit might be a good fill in, while you're waiting...

cuznjohn
01-29-2015, 11:54 AM
joe if you really want to enjoy the turns go with the highway pegs also makes a big difference

Chupaca
01-29-2015, 12:12 PM
nice review. Glad you did get a chance to get out there and give them a workout. Wondering if they would work on stock RS shocks...? :thumbup:

Bluehole
01-29-2015, 12:18 PM
I am a little behind the other testers but weather was a factor so here are my thoughts:

Last week I was lucky enough to be a tester for BajaRon's new shock adjusters on my 2014 Rt-S, when i first put them on (at the lowest level of adjustment) i felt an immediate difference, Spyderpops installed them for me and the 60 mile ride home was good, i traveled 10 miles on city streets, 25 miles on semi highway twisted road and then 25 miles on full Interstate. City streets ride was fun because i felt that there was not as much bounce as before, Semi Highway twisted road was initially a little spooky because my turns were quicker and my lean factor was less, but after a few miles i could tell that it was much easier to stay in my lane even though i was going a little faster than normal, Full interstate, here is where i could really tell the difference, less turbulence from other traffic, quicker, sharper lane changes, i felt like i had better control.

This week I went back to Spyderpops 60 Miles each way. I have adjusted the shocks up one full turn now and wanted to see the difference, Full interstate, good slightly more quicker on lane changes and good solid feel when passing large vehicles, Semi Highway twisted road, i started out a little too fast and almost upset the nanny because one wheel or the other was trying to leave the ground in the turns (i am one of those riders that feels comfortable with a little lean, not much lean at this setting), slowed down just a little and all was well, City Streets was good no problems and comfortable feel. I think that the one full turn setting for me is good, because on the ride back I relaxed and enjoyed it.

Overall assessment, Very Good, I think everyone that gets a set will be happy because they can dial in their own settings and adjust for different rides as desired and i think the easily adjusted fact is important because you have numerous choices, I think the folks that like a rigid ride will appreciate the adjustable factor also.

From a visual standpoint :thumbup:......................... Really nice, look like they came with the Spyder from the factory.

Just my .02 cents.

I will post a photo later today.

Cruzr Joe

Yea, I too like these adjusters very much!! It is all positive! More comfort, stability and much better handling!!! Looking forward to the finished product.

Thanks for the review.

Purple Guy
01-29-2015, 12:20 PM
Thanks for your valuable 2 cents!

BajaRon
01-29-2015, 12:35 PM

I am shooting for somewhere around mid-February (Week of the 15th) to start shipping these.

I'm very happy with the 'Test Pilots' and all they have done. We were able to make a few adjustments to this product before going into production. The Test Pilots always have a different perspective and their input is always really helpful.

They volunteer to be the 'guinea pigs' so you don't have to! :thumbup:

Needless to say, I really appreciate these 'Test Pilots'!

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 12:56 PM

Should be just a few weeks, they are being built now.

Cruzr joe

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 12:57 PM
joe if you really want to enjoy the turns go with the highway pegs also makes a big difference

I have Lamont's NBV pegs and love them

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 03:24 PM
nice review. Glad you did get a chance to get out there and give them a workout. Wondering if they would work on stock RS shocks...? :thumbup:

PM BajaRon and ask him, I don't know

Cruzr Joe

BajaRon
01-29-2015, 05:55 PM

I wanted to see if the design and function were what I thought it would be on these Shock Adjusters before I went too deep into the project. Now that I am confident that this modification is going to work as expected I do want to expand them to the other models which need them.

What I need are 1 OEM shock for a 2013 RS/ST Part # 706001105 and 1 for a 2014 RS/ST Part # 7061750.

I would return the shock in the same condition I received it once I have engineered the Billet Aluminum Adjuster.

If you would like to do this please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com) or PM me here as Spyderlovers. Email is preferred but PM's will work as well.

You will received a production model Adjuster set for volunteering one of your front shocks for the cause.

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Somebody better jump on that offer.

Cruzr Joe

PW2013STL
01-29-2015, 06:06 PM
I am shooting for somewhere around mid-February (Week of the 15th) to start shipping these.

I'm very happy with the 'Test Pilots' and all they have done. We were able to make a few adjustments to this product before going into production. The Test Pilots always have a different perspective and their input is always really helpful.

They volunteer to be the 'guinea pigs' so you don't have to! :thumbup:

Needless to say, I really appreciate these 'Test Pilots'!

Ron,

Do you have a price set for these?

Les

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 06:10 PM
Ron,

Les

guinea pigs = Priceless. :roflblack::roflblack: (sorry, the devil made me do it.)

Cruzr Joe

PW2013STL
01-29-2015, 06:20 PM
guinea pigs = Priceless. :roflblack::roflblack: (sorry, the devil made me do it.)

Cruzr Joe

I would have offered to be one, but I assumed Ron wanted to hear more then "They look nice on my Spyder" do to it being winter. :banghead:

Cruzr Joe
01-29-2015, 06:25 PM
I would have offered to be one, but I assumed Ron wanted to hear more then "They look nice on my Spyder" do to it being winter. :banghead:

:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:, we have had a mild winter so far. love the South :thumbup:.

Cruzr Joe

BajaRon
01-29-2015, 08:06 PM
Ron,

Les

I don't have a hard price for these yet. Final pricing will depend on how much we can hone the production process. Less time, less price. I don't want to say until I'm sure.

BajaRon
01-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Cruzr Joe

Sure! Why Not?

They are Cute, Smart, Energetic, and everybody LOVES them! Just like you Joe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M1-IgkpecA

ronrico
01-29-2015, 09:58 PM
How will these work with a 2011 LTD that as an adjustment button next to the fog light button or am I missing something??

BajaRon
01-29-2015, 10:27 PM
How will these work with a 2011 LTD that as an adjustment button next to the fog light button or am I missing something??

These Adjusters are only for the front shocks on models which do not have any adjustment provided. All are 2013 or later Spyders.

You are talking about the air-adjust for the rear shock. So it does not apply.

NautiBrit
01-29-2015, 10:34 PM

I think that you're talking about the air shock adjuster for the rear shock. Ron's adjusters are made to fit on the front shocks

RBS66
01-30-2015, 02:56 PM
(Semi Highway twisted road, i started out a little too fast and almost upset the nanny because one wheel or the other was trying to leave the ground in the turns)

Joe,can you explain this a little more? Wheel lift doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Is it because you were taking some turns a little faster now?

Cruzr Joe
01-30-2015, 03:18 PM
(Semi Highway twisted road, i started out a little too fast and almost upset the nanny because one wheel or the other was trying to leave the ground in the turns)

Joe,can you explain this a little more? Wheel lift doesn't sound like a good thing to me. Is it because you were taking some turns a little faster now?

I was taking the turns much faster than i normally do, and was expecting some "LEAN" but there was no lean and i was overcompensating on the turn so a wheel would try to lift off the ground, after i realized what i was doing i paid more attention in the turns and all was fine even after i resumed my speed, but now i was ready for the different or more solid handling.

I hope i explained that right, no need to be concerned just be aware that stiffer shocks make for a quicker turn.

Cruzr Joe

RBS66
01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
I was taking the turns much faster than i normally do, and was expecting some "LEAN" but there was no lean and i was overcompensating on the turn so a wheel would try to lift off the ground, after i realized what i was doing i paid more attention in the turns and all was fine even after i resumed my speed, but now i was ready for the different or more solid handling.I hope i explained that right, no need to be concerned just be aware that stiffer shocks make for a quicker turn.Cruzr JoeTHANKS JOE

mrb
02-01-2015, 02:55 AM
I did a few hundred Km’s through some very windy roads today with the prototype suspension adjusters on my 2014 RTS – 2up and hot - 35deg C.

Not the route we originally planned but we had to turn back as the police had blocked the road to manage a motorcycle fatality (take care everyone).

I have the adjusters up 2 turns ( max is 8 ) and observe the following (similar to comments from other "test pilots").
· I was afraid it may feel “harsh” with more preload on the springs but it did not just firmer.
· There is less body roll in corners
· There is less dive when under hard braking
· It feels less “sloppy” in the front end. Not that I ever thought it was sloppy before but now it seems it was.
· At speed on the highway it feels more “planted”
· There were a number of bumpy , tight , downhill corners that I believe previously I would have scraped the nose but apparently no longer.
· I may need to drop my headlight aiming a little.

All in all very happy :thumbup:.

BajaRon
02-01-2015, 07:39 AM
I did a few hundred Km’s through some very windy roads today with the prototype suspension adjusters on my 2014 RTS – 2up and hot - 35deg C.

Not the route we originally planned but we had to turn back as the police had blocked the road to manage a motorcycle fatality (take care everyone).

I have the adjusters up 2 turns ( max is 8 ) and observe the following (similar to comments from other "test pilots").
· I was afraid it may feel “harsh” with more preload on the springs but it did not just firmer.
· There is less body roll in corners
· There is less dive when under hard braking
· It feels less “sloppy” in the front end. Not that I ever thought it was sloppy before but now it seems it was.
· At speed on the highway it feels more “planted”
· There were a number of bumpy , tight , downhill corners that I believe previously I would have scraped the nose but apparently no longer.
· I may need to drop my headlight aiming a little.

All in all very happy :thumbup:.

Great! I was afraid they might not work well being upside down! :rolleyes:

You might want to try bumping up your rear shock a notch and see how that goes before adjusting your headlights.

Thanks for being a 'Test Pilot' on this project. I think you are my First International volunteer! :thumbup:

napper39
02-01-2015, 12:11 PM
keep me in mind after you get ready to sell sounds like something i would like for my 2013 rt i do have the bar and it was grate but i would still like a little moore for the curves,let me know.:thumbup:

BajaRon
02-01-2015, 02:18 PM
keep me in mind after you get ready to sell sounds like something i would like for my 2013 rt i do have the bar and it was grate but i would still like a little moore for the curves,let me know.:thumbup:

If you would please send me an email at fyredad@hotmail.com (fyredad@hotmail.com)

I will put you in my 'Notification' file and I will be sending out emails to those who have contacted me a few days before I let everyone else know. That way, if the 1st run sells out quickly, the people who have shown an early interest will have their set.

Bob Denman
02-02-2015, 07:54 AM
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Ron,
You do have me on the list; right? :shocked:

Cruzr Joe
02-09-2015, 11:07 AM
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Ron,
You do have me on the list; right? :shocked:

Bob:

You are on several lists. :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
02-09-2015, 11:20 AM
:shocked:...

BajaRon
02-09-2015, 11:36 AM
:shocked:...

They are on track. They are coming.

But noticing your 'Member Status' I just have to ask, which of your members is absent? :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
02-09-2015, 11:40 AM
They are on track. They are coming.

But noticing your 'Member Status' I just have to ask, which of your members is absent? :roflblack:

Absolutely no comment, Bob, you are in the wringer.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
02-09-2015, 11:42 AM
I still got both ears... :D
When you think about it; I've stopped posting 50 or 60 (Or LOTS more ), times each day...
Doesn't 10 posts seem as if I've gone silent? :D

Cruzr Joe
02-10-2015, 12:51 PM
When you think about it; I've stopped posting 50 or 60 (Or LOTS more ), times each day...

Bob:

Speak up, we can't hear you.

Cruzr Joe

BajaRon
02-10-2015, 01:40 PM

It does!

No Avatar,
No Posts,
No Bob!

Do we need to schedule you for a Crisis Management session?

Bob Denman
02-10-2015, 02:31 PM
It's nothing that a really cool pair of front shock preload adjusters can't cure...:thumbup:

robmorg
02-10-2015, 09:46 PM
Absolutely no comment, Bob, you are in the wringer.

Cruzr JoeOhhhh. My grandmother almost lost a member in the wringer. She only needed that to happen once to learn the lesson. :shocked: