PDA

View Full Version : PAIN IN THE NECK

Winse
01-28-2015, 09:39 PM
Does anyone have a 2014 spyder rt with stock handle bars, and having a neck problem, when I ride for about 30 to 50 kl I get a real pain in the neck, its been suggested that it could be the handle bars,any suggestions would be appreciated, THANKS, Winse.

snics
01-28-2015, 09:41 PM
Bought the tri-axis handle bar and it helps some.
Relaxing he grip seems to help some for me.

Winse
01-28-2015, 09:53 PM
Bought the tri-axis handle bar and it helps some.
Relaxing he grip seems to help some for me.

Thank you..

Chupaca
01-28-2015, 10:01 PM
handlebars don't affect your neck as much as your ryding position. Windsheild type and deflection, helmet, seating, backrest etc cause you to use your neck more or less causing some folks problems. But many have gotten help by changing to different bars because it helps change their posture.:dontknow:

PrairieSpyder
01-28-2015, 10:01 PM
Before I got the tri-axis bars, I had shoulder pain from the wide grips. Keeping a looser grip also might help. If you're tensing up in general your neck may be taking the worst of it.

SpyderAnn01
01-28-2015, 10:52 PM
+1 on the shoulder pain and mine was fixed by adding the TriAxis bars.

3 Wheel Rider
01-28-2015, 11:03 PM
The wide grip on the stock bars caused arm, back, shoulder and neck pain. the Tri Axis Handlebars and a drivers backrest eliminated the discomfort.

ARtraveler
01-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Another possibility is to change your seating position a bit. A sheepskin or AirHawk seat pad will raise you up a bit so you are not stretching as much to get to the handlebars.

A slightly less costly fix than the tri axis. You will have many more adjustment options with the tri axis though.

SpydrRydr
02-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Does anyone have a 2014 spyder rt with stock handle bars, and having a neck problem, when I ride for about 30 to 50 kl I get a real pain in the neck, its been suggested that it could be the handle bars,any suggestions would be appreciated, THANKS, Winse.

I am 5'4" and have no issues but ride with a back rest which is really nice. I thought I wouldn't need it but find I like the back support. It likely helps with slouching which might contribute to your problem. Also relax, the Spyder will track the road nicely....no need to oversteer.

2dogs
02-09-2015, 02:13 PM
Lots of good suggestions here :thumbup: but as time goes by and the miles add up, the neck pain will go away. I think it all has to do with becoming accustom to riding that new horse you bought. I've got over 5K now and I don't notice anymore pain until I've been riding for several hours, like a full tank's worth. It'll go away in time. :2thumbs:

RudyB
07-14-2016, 11:51 PM
Get a Throttle Rocker133932

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

derrill
07-15-2016, 03:47 AM
Tri-axis and backrest makes riding more comfortable. Now to fix the aching tailbone problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobleach45
07-15-2016, 10:55 AM
I put on a backrest within a month of getting my 13 RT Ltd. helped somewhat and then played with adjustment and found that moving it to a higher position and more forward so I'm not leaning back. Also, in the twitters I find that if I pull with the side closer to me on the bars and just use the other hand as a guide helps because you're not always stretching out so much. And remember to use a light grip. The bike steers really easy.

ARtraveler
07-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Tri-axis and backrest makes riding more comfortable. Now to fix the aching tailbone problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See post #8