PDA

View Full Version : For all you new Slingshot owners - RECALLED last week

sduskin
01-26-2015, 10:30 AM
According to one of the local dealers, ALL Slingshots are under immediate recall and do not drive order.

This is due to potential steering column pin failure leading to rollovers AND a failure of integrity of the roll-over pan.

Dealer was Morris Motor Sports, Chichasha Oklahoma and he said the recall was issued in the last 2 weeks.

Big F
01-26-2015, 10:44 AM
According to one of the local dealers, ALL Slingshots are under immediate recall and do not drive order.

This is due to potential steering column pin failure leading to rollovers AND a failure of integrity of the roll-over pan.

Dealer was Morris Motor Sports, Chichasha Oklahoma and he said the recall was issued in the last 2 weeks.

Polaris R & D Department failed miserably on this one!!! I'm sticking with my RT Limited as I was NOT impressed with the Slingshot. And the dealers cannot even sell them as of now??
THE BIG F

MisterP
01-26-2015, 10:50 AM
already noted on the forum

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?76605-Slingshot-Stop-Sale-Stop-Ride-Notice&highlight=slingshot+recall

Chupaca
01-26-2015, 11:07 AM
they are all over this problem and have been since before the recall. What I haven't seen yet is the solution though they are running loose around here..!! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-26-2015, 02:36 PM
I am also one who is impressed as to how quickly Polaris recognized a problem and how they are all over it to come up with a fix.

From previous thread, it sounds like they are even paying the tow back to the dealership for the fix. :yes::yes:

I also remember a year ago when production/shipment was halted on the 2014 RT's early on because an "issue" was found. It did not take long for a lot to jump on that either. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
01-26-2015, 02:39 PM

jcthorne
01-26-2015, 03:28 PM
I think its acutally funny that there are now more active threads about the Slingshot recall on Spyderlovers than there are about the heat and fume problems on the 2013 RT/STs...

sduskin
01-26-2015, 03:36 PM
As several pointed out, this topic has been pointed out before. I did a cursory search only and didnt worry about any duplications.

After reading about several of our members going "slingshot" I thought it was important enough to risk the duplication.

My bad.

Account deletion in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1.......................

ARtraveler
01-26-2015, 04:07 PM
As several pointed out, this topic has been pointed out before. I did a cursory search only and didnt worry about any duplications.

After reading about several of our members going "slingshot" I thought it was important enough to risk the duplication.

My bad.

Account deletion in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1.......................

Hope you don't go away over a small thing like this. People post similar threads all the time. The regulars catch it, but for a lot of readers, the information is new and fresh. My opinion, duplicate information is great. Thank you for taking the time to post it. It is appreciated.