PDA

View Full Version : Went for a ride today!

remark2013
01-25-2015, 08:27 PM
Went for a 200mi plus ride today. Started out @ 12:30 with temps in the mid 40s. Went thru Madrid NM to I-40. Stopped in Estancia for lunch., temps in the mid 50s, then east on I-40 to Clines Corners, then back towards Santa Fe and home. Ended the ride around 5:30, with temps in the low 40s! Keep in mind 4 days ago, some of theses roads were iced over and up to 8" of snow on them. Today...........dry!!!
A great day with my Wife! :thumbup:

MikeinGA
01-25-2015, 09:01 PM
It was a nice sunny day in Georgia. My wife and I started out in the high 40s at 10:30 AM and ended in the low 60s at 4:30 PM. Life doesn't get much better than that.

Mike

Rockwall
01-25-2015, 09:26 PM
Some of us are so jealous!!! I'm dying here!:gaah:

missouriboy
01-25-2015, 09:41 PM
Hey, I went 74 miles today too, down South of the Border, to get some Z-Paks for this lousy winter cold. (No, didn't ryde across the border, we park on this side and walk across the bridge.)

Rode yesterday too, incidentally also 74 miles. And the day before that, but I don't recall the miles.
Mid 60s for all these rydes. No special gear; just the same leather coat and a ball cap! :clap:

JayBros
01-25-2015, 09:48 PM
The son completed valve adjustment on his Kawasaki Concourse and today was a beautiful Tar Heel day for a test ride to settle in the new shims -- not as cloud in the sky and temp in the mid-50s. We're glad we don't live in New York/New England.

ARtraveler
01-25-2015, 10:08 PM
I am glad to hear that some are still riding. :yes::yes::yes:

Plyrod38
01-25-2015, 10:14 PM
Rode to breakfast this morning to meet up with our Spyder group in Concord, NC. We meet every Sunday morning, been doing this for over 2 years now. It was in the 30's when we left the house. A short 46 mile ride round trip. We had the only spyder present today, all the others arrived in cages. It turned out to be a beautiful day with temps in the 50's.

Chupaca
01-25-2015, 10:28 PM
not saying anything...did have a great ryde this weekend about 450 miles and I know I have mentioned the weather before. Glad it cleared up for you and you were able to get a great ryde in...:2thumbs: but New Mexico..isn't that the desert..?? Shouldn't be warm..??:roflblack:

SpyderAnn01
01-25-2015, 11:55 PM
Glad to hear the snow is gone, that must have been a real mess on I40 last week. I got to ride 4 laps on Las Vegas Motor Speedway under the lights tonight. That was serious fun! Oh, and it was in the 70s here.

remark2013
01-26-2015, 01:22 PM
not saying anything...did have a great ryde this weekend about 450 miles and I know I have mentioned the weather before. Glad it cleared up for you and you were able to get a great ryde in...:2thumbs: but New Mexico..isn't that the desert..?? Shouldn't be warm..??:roflblack:

Only the Southern part of the state. We live in the Northern Mountains about 7500 ft. We have our own Ski area about 15 min. from us and Taos is an hour further north. ;)

Pennyrick
01-26-2015, 01:50 PM
My wife and I left home around 11 am and it was 58 degrees. We headed our Spyders south and my wife's voice came into my SENA unit..."where are we going?"

"I have no idea", I responded let's just ride.

So we rode through Social Circle and Monticello, then west to Jackson, Locust Grove, McDonough, Lithonia, Redan, Stone Mountain, Tucker, Lilburn, Snellville and then back homeward.

Found a road named Mink Livsey that we somehow had never travelled the full length of and it had lots of swoops and turns.

Sometimes it's fun just to get lost and wander.

When we got home I sent an email to a friend in Pennsylvania who has his bike stored for the winter. I told him we had ridden for a few hours but due to the chill outside we had to wear gloves. His response mentioned the snow and cold in his neck of the woods. He also suggested that my mother and father weren't related.

vondalyn
01-26-2015, 08:00 PM
and today is Rocky Mountain National Park's 100th birthday. Normally I would have made the trip to the park, but instead I rode on the back seat of my former RT as the new owner drove him around the neighborhood to get a feel for the ryde. Then we loaded it up on his trailer and off they went. Beautiful day to take care of all of that. We currently have a Yamaha Vstar parked in the Can Am reserved parking. Hope the F3 shows up soon!