PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Video of my first F3 ride

Smallz
01-25-2015, 12:13 PM
Nothing to exciting but thought I would share:

http://youtu.be/bSLOsJmTKFk

vondalyn
01-25-2015, 02:59 PM
ah... that cracked me up. "You have your right turn signal on." "I know, but we're going left."

Thanks for the video. Good (and bad) to hear that the horn is still the standard Spyder "quack". Now I know I'll have to replace this one too.:sour:

cuznjohn
01-25-2015, 03:07 PM
so did you like it, and does it need a tall windshield

ARtraveler
01-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Thanks for sharing the F3 video. Good to see and hear it.

I am thinking I would like a windshield.

RE: Shifting: try shifting without blipping the throttle. You do not have to do that on the SE6. Just punch the button at around 3000 - 3500 and you will find a seamless shift between gears. Likewise, if you decide to shift at higher rpm's. The computer takes care of the throttle working properly. Downshifts, as you mentioned take care of themselves nicely.

GunDoctor
01-25-2015, 08:54 PM
I also noticed the role back on the throttle as you run through the gears. The SE6 is designed to do that for you. Run your RPM to 3200-3500 before shifting and you will have a much smoother ride.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Smallz
01-26-2015, 02:18 PM
I also noticed the role back on the throttle as you run through the gears. The SE6 is designed to do that for you. Run your RPM to 3200-3500 before shifting and you will have a much smoother ride.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]

Been riding Super Sport my whole life...old habbits are are so hard!

It is really nice to ride. My biggest complaint about the RT was the stress it put on the arms/legs in turns and due to my MS it made it quite painful. With the cruiser position the weight naturally goes to the feet and it is much easier through turns. The low end is great and I didn't even go super hard on it because it only had .6 miles! The delivery guy called and said it would be here tomorrow at 10:30 and I am counting down! Big shout out to Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, VA and the talkative guy in the video Rob. Gave me a great deal and free delivery. Along with good service who could ask for more...and I did get the 4 year warranty! They had a black F3 (non S) as well if anyone is looking. FYI they charge for any foot setting other than 3. For the SE6 it is $30 plus installation.

ARtraveler
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Been riding Super Sport my whole life...old habbits are are so hard!

It is really nice to ride. My biggest complaint about the RT was the stress it put on the arms/legs in turns and due to my MS it made it quite painful. With the cruiser position the weight naturally goes to the feet and it is much easier through turns. The low end is great and I didn't even go super hard on it because it only had .6 miles! The delivery guy called and said it would be here tomorrow at 10:30 and I am counting down! Big shout out to Coleman Powersports in Woodbridge, VA and the talkative guy in the video Rob. Gave me a great deal and free delivery. Along with good service who could ask for more...and I did get the 4 year warranty! They had a black F3 (non S) as well if anyone is looking. FYI they charge for any foot setting other than 3. For the SE6 it is $30 plus installation.

Sorry to hear about the pain issues from the MS. I have pain issues with my hip and back early on in the season. After a couple weeks, the necessary muscles seem to get built up and are not as painful. Hopefully, that will be your case also. :thumbup: