PDA

View Full Version : Me, too! - But how much?

RPM
01-24-2015, 10:12 PM
Hello all,

I have enjoyed reading and learning from all of you for the past year and finally made the move today. Just put down a deposit today on a red F3-S SE6. Should be here by early next month. I can't wait! I just put the deposit down to get the 4 year warranty but haven't negotiated on a price yet. The manager wasn't in today. If I may ask, what have you all paid for your F3's? How much lower than MSRP. If $22,499 is their asking price, what should I try to negotiate to.

Looking forward to joining a great group of riders!

Robert

SPYD3R
01-24-2015, 10:18 PM
YOO BRO, LET'S RIDE..... :clap:

CONGRATZ ON YOUR PURCHASE....
I'M IN THE 'WAITING' PERIOD MYSELF....
POST PIX.... I WILL TOO....
DAN P
SPYD3R

dguisinger
01-24-2015, 11:18 PM
Hello all,

I have enjoyed reading and learning from all of you for the past year and finally made the move today. Just put down a deposit today on a red F3-S SE6. Should be here by early next month. I can't wait! I just put the deposit down to get the 4 year warranty but haven't negotiated on a price yet. The manager wasn't in today. If I may ask, what have you all paid for your F3's? How much lower than MSRP. If $22,499 is their asking price, what should I try to negotiate to.

Robert

Heyyy, thats my spyder...... you can't have it

Doesn't it usually help to negotiate the price before you give them non-refundable money?

Highwayman2013
01-24-2015, 11:22 PM
Good luck on getting anything off this time of the year, but it doesn't hurt to try. The best you can do is try to get some accessories thrown in.

RPM
01-25-2015, 01:50 AM
Heyyy, thats my spyder...... you can't have it

Doesn't it usually help to negotiate the price before you give them non-refundable money?

Yes, you would think, right? I'll see what i can do but am just thrilled that I'll be riding one soon! Now I need to start cleaning my garage out! I am so excited. Like a little kid!

Chupaca
01-25-2015, 01:59 AM
on the dealer, the place, the stock etc etc. The worse try is the one you never made. Ask for the moon and if not have the extras you want thrown in. They have the room for it but if supply is short and demand is high...they can get what they want..:thumbup::banghead:

ARtraveler
01-25-2015, 04:30 PM
:congrats: on your decision to go for an F3.

Wrong time of the year for killer deals. Ask for the moon, but don't expect to much. The worst they can say is no.

It does cost a bit more to have the latest and greatest when it first comes out. Based on last years reviews and experience with the 1330 triple, you are going to be very pleased with your decision--even if the price is not what you want.

duke50
01-25-2015, 04:41 PM
You should have negotiated a price BEFORE you put cash down. Good luck on your new ride!

Cruzr Joe
01-25-2015, 05:14 PM
I did not see anything that said the deposit was "NON-REFUNDABLE".

Maybe it just gave him in-line priority.

Cruzr Joe

RPM
01-25-2015, 06:12 PM
I did not see anything that said the deposit was "NON-REFUNDABLE".

Maybe it just gave him in-line priority.

Cruzr Joe

I don't believe it is non-refundable but how ever it turns out it will not change my purchasing the F3-S.

It's been four years since I was in a serious motorcycle accident and it will be good to get out riding again!

Can't wait!

Robert

Grandpaspeed
01-25-2015, 06:16 PM
I was able to get 8% off and no freight or setup.

LV2RYDE
01-25-2015, 07:47 PM
What about accessories? And installation of it? Any discounts??
is there trad-in???

Grandpaspeed
01-26-2015, 12:40 AM
What about accessories? And installation of it? Any discounts??
is there trad-in???
10% off accessories and installation as long as I have it done before I pick it up. I am not trading anything. I was the first one to order and I have a long term relationship with my dealership.

Smallz
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Hello all,

Robert

I got mine in Woodbridge, VA and paid just under 23k out the door. Can't wait for it to be delivered tomorrow!

Dragonrider
01-26-2015, 07:00 PM
I believe there's a non-refundable $250 deposit required to get the warrantee. My dealer hasn't even ordered one yet...

LV2RYDE
01-26-2015, 07:15 PM
I got mine in Woodbridge, VA and paid just under 23k out the door. Can't wait for it to be delivered tomorrow!
Is it F3s? Manual or semi? Black with chrome???

RPM
01-27-2015, 12:24 AM

Wow! should have really been prepared before I went in. In my defense, the manager who I had spoken to on the phone before going to the dealership the other day wasn't in the office when I got there. Couldn't negotiate with the salesman. Oh well... Live and learn... C'est la vie!

Smallz
01-27-2015, 08:41 AM
Is it F3s? Manual or semi? Black with chrome???

Mine is the F3-S, SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic, Steel Black Metallic, with the orange frame. The verdict is still out on a windshield. I am 5'10" and I had it adjusted to the number 4 position which added about 80. I am VERY pleased with the deal I got. They have a standard F3, Black, can't remember if it is the SE or the SM. The dealer I originally ordered from was HORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE.

LV2RYDE
01-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Mine is the F3-S, SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic, Steel Black Metallic, with the orange frame. The verdict is still out on a windshield. I am 5'10" and I had it adjusted to the number 4 position which added about 80. I am VERY pleased with the deal I got. They have a standard F3, Black, can't remember if it is the SE or the SM. The dealer I originally ordered from was HORRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEE.

Under $23,000 with accessories? Pleeeease say yes it no....

BrewerCycles
01-27-2015, 09:40 AM

Hi Neighbor! I see you're in VA, we're just over the line in NC. CONGRATS on your new F3! We just got 2 in - I sat on one but haven't gone for a ride yet. I love the way they sit; different than the other styles.

I wanted to let you know that we are BRP Certified and offer laser alignment. If there is anything we can do to enhance your Sypder experience don't hesitate to reach out. If you're ever cruisin' through please feel free to stop in - stretch your legs, enjoy our customer lounge, complimentary refreshments & more than a few fellow Spyder lovers!