PDA

View Full Version : Added LED turn signals

MisterP
01-24-2015, 07:26 PM
Decided to bite the bullet and add LED turn signals to the Fat White Chick. I liked Finless Bob's concept that the best place to put LEDs is on the inside edge of the mirror, allowing drivers in my blind spot to see them easily, and allowing me to see them as well.

Taking the mirrors off the body was no big deal (thank you forum) but taking the plastic bits apart, to allow me to run the wires without drilling holes, was a real pain. The plastic tabs, for the most part, are blind, so only gentle prying with a screwdriver will eventually release them. I did break one tab on the lower part of the right mirror, but it snapped back together firmly, so I am not going to worry about it.

http://youtu.be/Z1jcXxcuY80

hognut
01-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Video is marked private :(.

tip
01-24-2015, 08:06 PM
opened for me

Cruzr Joe
01-24-2015, 08:08 PM
Video is marked private :(.

Opened for me also,

Cruzr Joe

Mazo EMS2
01-24-2015, 08:40 PM
opened for me

Me too. Wonder how visible these are from behind, in the daylight.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-25-2015, 12:35 AM
Me too. Wonder how visible these are from behind, in the daylight.
IMHO ....if the driver coming from behind misses seeing your OEM turn signals ................Nothing is going to work ......short of a B>F>H :yikes: :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:....Mi ke :thumbup:

GreenDragon
01-29-2015, 11:32 PM
You can't have too much light (if done right). You never know what will catch a caber' eye.

gened4288
01-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Nicely done. (and a great choice of background music!)

STELLING MAN
01-30-2015, 05:57 PM
I want to put some on my :spyder2: also, not as much for other drivers but so I can see them better, The ones In the dash are very hard for me to see..:mad:

NorCalBud
01-30-2015, 07:37 PM
I just added these last night. I started to attempt the disassemble process, but got too frustrated early on so I broke out the drill and made the holes just like the instructions read. I'm gunna fill the only exposed exterior hole (in the top corner) with silicone sealant. Once I made the decision to drill (won't adversly effect anything structurally), it only took a couple of minutes and looks great!
I really like being able to see if I'm the moron who left their signal blinking! :)