PDA

View Full Version : How

SNOOPY
01-23-2015, 08:19 PM
I love my music.

Love to see my favorite artist in concert.

But

If one skips your town? What can you do?

Anyone have experience in trying to get a concert promoter in bringing a band to a local venue? :(

Someone I want to see really bad but they are 6 hours away at the nearest venue. :banghead:

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2015, 08:21 PM
Snoopy

With enough money you can get what ever you want

Cruzr Joe

I love my music.

But

Anyone have experience in trying to get a concert promoter in bringing a band to a local venue? :(

Someone I want to see really bad but they are 6 hours away at the nearest venue. :banghead:

SNOOPY
01-23-2015, 08:30 PM
:roflblack:

SNOOPY
01-23-2015, 08:32 PM
Okay, funny thing is Snoopy started this thread thinking about one thing then going off in a tangent....

To skip the first post....

I love my music.

How do I get my favorite video on Youtube to play on my TV set EASILY !

And hook up my headphones so Woodstock doesn't freak out? :shocked:

oldguyinTX
01-23-2015, 10:40 PM
You need a smart TV that gets YouTube either wirelessly or by a direct ethernet cable connection from your router to your TV. I have a wireless setup that works great with my smart TV. I get cable, Netflix, YouTube and more. Good thing my TV is smart because I'm kinda not.:p:p

SNOOPY
01-23-2015, 10:41 PM
There is nothing smart around these parts. ;)

OJ UK
01-24-2015, 06:49 AM
Easiest way is to download the Youtube video onto your hard drive and burn it to a DVD.....or do what I do
get a big extra wide monitor for your PC run the sound card into a half decent Hi-Fi amplifier and put some good
compact speakers on the end of the speaker wires! (No TV here at all!!)
Here's my rig: :clickpic:

jcthorne
01-24-2015, 07:27 AM
I love my music.

But

In a practical sense you cannot.

You would be far better off finding out when the band will play in one of the major tourist cities (Las Vegas, NY, LA, or anywhere you would like to visit) and booking a weekend trip.

Even living in the 4th largest city in the US does not get all the great bands. Wife and I have gone to Vegas or NY several times for the main reason of seeing a performance. Add a few other items and it makes for a great long weekend getaway.

vided
01-24-2015, 08:03 AM
use apple tv. you need wifi and then use your tv like your ipad

mowin
01-24-2015, 01:02 PM
I run a hdmi cable from my 'puter to the tv.

jcthorne
01-24-2015, 02:12 PM
He was asking about seeing a band live.

If he was asking about viewing a pre-recorded concert in a home theater, the best device to accomplish that is a Tivo of course.:firstplace:

Nothing else brings it all together like Tivo can.

SNOOPY
01-24-2015, 02:50 PM
He was asking about seeing a band live.

If he was asking about viewing a pre-recorded concert in a home theater, the best device to accomplish that is a Tivo of course.:firstplace:

Nothing else brings it all together like Tivo can.

I sorta asked two questions. Lol

Second question was getting a concert on YouTube on my computer to the TV sitting next to it. :D

jcthorne
01-24-2015, 04:36 PM
I sorta asked two questions. Lol

Second question was getting a concert on YouTube on my computer to the TV sitting next to it. :D

Sorry. Did not see the second question.

The Tivo is still the right answer for the second question. No need to transfer, YouTube is already on Tivo. You can use videos from the net, your pc etc on a Tivo as well as CATV or live off the air television.

SNOOPY
01-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Thanks

Bfromla
01-25-2015, 09:18 PM
I agree snoop & my town gets passed all the time. More fun for me to road trip, this yr i see Metallica is playing Vegas the wk after spyderfest. So I may just extend my trip as it's the only state side show i see listed, & i need to knock a few states of my visit list, as long as $$$ works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SNOOPY
01-25-2015, 09:47 PM
My biggest problem w out of town shows is that I've only been on an airplane twice and that was 30 years ago. I don't have a clue about anything concerning a plane flight and it just seems like way too much trouble to learn all the cans and cants. :(

OJ UK
01-26-2015, 07:46 AM
I don't have a clue about anything concerning a plane flight and it just seems like way too much trouble to learn all the cans and cants. :(

Ain't that difficult, Snoopy! I just flew to New Zealand and back. The outward journey involved changing aircraft in Dubai and two further stops, one in Bangkok and the other in Sydney.
Each time you re-embark you have to go through security but it's nothing to worry about. If I can do it without being arrested, anyone can!
The planes are pretty damn good these days with passenger comfort being as good as is possible. Not sumptuous but adequate.

SNOOPY
01-26-2015, 09:13 PM
Ain't that difficult, Snoopy! I just flew to New Zealand and back. The outward journey involved changing aircraft in Dubai and two further stops, one in Bangkok and the other in Sydney.
Each time you re-embark you have to go through security but it's nothing to worry about. If I can do it without being arrested, anyone can!
The planes are pretty damn good these days with passenger comfort being as good as is possible. Not sumptuous but adequate.

Wow, that sounds like a vacation of a lifetime going through all those places. lol