PDA

View Full Version : Since we now have "Deflate-Gate"...

Bob Denman
01-23-2015, 05:52 PM
...We need a theme song! :roflblack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_W-fIn2QZgg&feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534

ARtraveler
01-23-2015, 05:58 PM
Yes, little bits and pieces are beginning to surface. The finger is being pointed at the quarterback (who should have been in control of the situation).

Brings back the filming of the opposing teams signs during a previous incident a few years back. Both the QB and the same head coach were around then. I thing Belicheck was the instigator on that one.

However this pans out, it is not good for football. There will always be a little tarnish to the win.

It has solved an issue for me though when it comes to the Super Bowl. I am supporting the Seahawks. :yes::yes:

cuznjohn
01-23-2015, 06:18 PM
just one question, if this was a female football team, and the quarter back said she liked playing with balls that were a little bit softer than the others, would there be the same kind of stink they are making about it now

Orange Spyder Man
01-23-2015, 07:38 PM
Billichek.. past proves he is a "cheater" ... so no reason to believe him now... its only fair to "punish" the Patriots... if they don't ... it opens every team in the NFL to cheat.. from my view... they should be dis-qualified and the team they beat "cheating" should be in the Super Bowl.. heck the NFL levied stiff penalties against the Saints for Bounty Gate... coach & 3 players were prohibited from even visiting the team locker rooms for one year.... I am willing to bet the Patriots will only get a slap on the wrists ... guess Roger Goodell will get paid off good... again !

osm

Chupaca
01-23-2015, 07:41 PM
but wouldn't the kicker be one who could tell if the ball was a bit flat. I know when I played sports involving balls and kicking the one with the most air traveled a lot farther...just wondering..:dontknow:

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2015, 08:31 PM
BALLS, said the Queen, if i had two i would be king.

Anonymous

JerryB
01-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Hi Bob,

A posting from another forum I often visit:

It's absolutely pitiful in general how much time and energy is spent on non-consequential b*** s*** in this country!

Look at how much media attention a few under inflated footballs gets, and the constant obsession with celebrity marriages and children.

So many people can list off a bunch of celebrity couplings, but don't have a clue what the three branches of our Federal government are, let alone the purview of each.

Jerry Baumchen

kep-up
01-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Hi Bob,

It's absolutely pitiful in general how much time and energy is spent on non-consequential b*** s*** in this country!

Look at how much media attention a few under inflated footballs gets, and the constant obsession with celebrity marriages and children.

So many people can list off a bunch of celebrity couplings, but don't have a clue what the three branches of our Federal government are, let alone the purview of each.

Jerry Baumchen

RIGHTY ON, Mr. Baumchen

If the general public paid half as much attention to what really matters as what they do to the b***s***, our country wouldn't be in the shape it is today. Lets face it, at the end of the day 11 under inflated footballs or 11 overinflated breasts will mean the same; absolutely NOTHING. :banghead:

spacetiger
01-23-2015, 09:42 PM
Just make them play with balls 2 lbs over the max in the first half of the Super Bowl. They're suggesting it is no big deal, so 2 over is no big deal. We then move on to the important things.

That said, the first half would be fun to watch...

jerry

Jerry & Trish
01-23-2015, 09:56 PM
but wouldn't the kicker be one who could tell if the ball was a bit flat. I know when I played sports involving balls and kicking the one with the most air traveled a lot farther...just wondering..:dontknow:

The kicker uses a different ball.

spydaman60
01-23-2015, 10:07 PM
pats have been my team since I was a kid living in nh. it does disappoint me very much to have them in this kind of limelight again, but until the whole story is out, I will not venture a guess as to what happened. could it be inside the pats camp? absolutely, and if it is, then belichek should sit out a year, like shawn payton was made to do.
still a lot of unanswered questions. finally today, the nfl says they inflated the under-inflated balls at half-time and the pats played with legally inflated balls the second half. why didn't they mention this to belichek? hell, they scored more points with the inflated balls than they did with the deflated balls.
what happened from the time the referee's inspected the balls before the game and the game? did the ref's actually inspect the balls? were the refs in on it? I don't have a clue, and will wait to judge when the answers are out. until then, I will still support the pats!! go pats!!! :firstplace:

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-23-2015, 11:24 PM
They have the trophy ready in case the Patriots win the Super Bowl!

Orange Spyder Man
01-24-2015, 09:15 AM

why do you think that only 11 balls were under inflated... the one that was properly inflated was the one the Patriots used for kicking..

osm

Orange Spyder Man
01-24-2015, 09:17 AM
RIGHTY ON, Mr. Baumchen

If the general public paid half as much attention to what really matters as what they do to the b***s***, our country wouldn't be in the shape it is today. Lets face it, at the end of the day 11 under inflated footballs or 11 overinflated breasts will mean the same; absolutely NOTHING. :banghead:

in your words... forget the rules... let every team do their own rules... is that your reasoning ????

osm

cuznjohn
01-24-2015, 09:22 AM
They have the trophy ready in case the Patriots win the Super Bowl!

that trophy looks lite

Bob Denman
01-24-2015, 09:37 AM
Hi Bob,

Jerry Baumchen

That's why it's in the off-topic area...

If it doesn't interest you; don't waste your time opening it up.

bmccaffrey
01-24-2015, 11:07 AM
The kickers ball is always harder.

They could have played with no balls and still beat the colts.
And if anyone remembers at one point in the game the ball was questioned for the kicker.

The refs handle the ball almost every play ( they didn't notice)

Get on with life to tribul to worry about :yikes:

Big F
01-24-2015, 11:16 AM
just one question, if this was a female football team, and the quarter back said she liked playing with balls that were a little bit softer than the others, would there be the same kind of stink they are making about it now

Cuznjohn, that was a good one!! I hope you are staying at the BW during Spyderfest. We need more people with a sense of humor. Happy and safe riding to ya!!
THE BIG F

Pennyrick
01-24-2015, 11:28 AM

The ball used for kicking int ehe NFL is a different ball and is clearly marked with a K to avoid confusion in the game.

Pennyrick
01-24-2015, 11:32 AM
http://youtu.be/RSwxRxvFRwI

Bob Denman
01-24-2015, 12:14 PM
:D OmiGawd... :clap:
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :firstplace:

kep-up
01-24-2015, 12:40 PM
in your words... forget the rules... let every team do their own rules... is that your reasoning ????

osm
No. My reasoning is this....... Our country is fixated on overpaid professional sports heros and Hollywood stars. Anything meaningful that either contributes to society at large is negligible at best. The fixation should be on the grossly overpaid professional lawmakers thet we elect time after time even though they don't do anything except continue to line their pockets at our expense. And in America, the leader of the "democratic system", not even 50% of eligible voters bother to enter the polls. But 11 underinflated footballs......OH MY GOD!!!!!

mowin
01-24-2015, 12:54 PM
http://youtu.be/RSwxRxvFRwI

That is hilarious..:roflblack::roflblack:

mowin
01-24-2015, 12:58 PM
No. My reasoning is this....... Our country is fixated on overpaid professional sports heros and Hollywood stars. Anything meaningful that either contributes to society at large is negligible at best. The fixation should be on the grossly overpaid professional lawmakers thet we elect time after time even though they don't do anything except continue to line their pockets at our expense. And in America, the leader of the "democratic system", not even 50% of eligible voters bother to enter the polls. But 11 underinflated footballs......OH MY GOD!!!!!

I agree with you. Some of the less important topics get so much more media attention.

Bob Denman
01-24-2015, 01:05 PM
So if you don't like what they offer; don't watch them, or buy the products that advertise on those shows.
It's a very simple solution... :thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-24-2015, 01:49 PM
Are we missing the spirit of the thread a bit? :bowdown::bowdown:

We are discussing football, and some of the nuances of cheating vs. following the rules.

IMO: the political nuances and statements not concerning the subject at hand do not belong, and only serve to cause the problems that many have recently left the site over.

If you don't want to talk football and "deflate gate," this is the wrong thread.
:yikes:

kep-up
01-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Sorry, folks. Please accept my apology for being passionate about my country and my personal sense of values. My comments weren't meant to be a rant, but simply a reflection of my thoughts on the silliness of the whole thing.

I have only recently became a Spyder owner and joined this forum to perhaps contribute information I learn and to also glean information from those who have experienced Spyders longer than I. I will attempt to contain my comments to Spyder stuff in future.

ARtraveler
01-24-2015, 02:44 PM
Sorry, folks. Please accept my apology for being passionate about my country and my personal sense of values. My comments weren't meant to be a rant, but simply a reflection of my thoughts on the silliness of the whole thing.

I have only recently became a Spyder owner and joined this forum to perhaps contribute information I learn and to also glean information from those who have experienced Spyders longer than I. I will attempt to contain my comments to Spyder stuff in future.

I am sure you have seen some threads go South very quickly. Unfortunately, many of these start out with a few statements that push the wrong buttons. Been there, done that, have the T-shirt.

chuck gross
01-24-2015, 02:56 PM
It's pretty easy to float from one topic to another I think it is ok to get off topic a little bit heck the last football thread I saw someone Hijacked it and made it about NASCAR. :roflblack::roflblack:
not naming names :roflblack:

kep-up
01-24-2015, 02:59 PM

KEYWORD BEING "ATTEMPT"

bmccaffrey
01-24-2015, 03:56 PM
KEYWORD BEING "ATTEMPT"

That's fine that is why it's called OFF TOPIC :thumbup:

Orange Spyder Man
01-24-2015, 05:08 PM

has it ever occurred to you.. that going to the Super Bowl means at least a HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS PER PLAYER FOR THE LOSING TEAM.. ..
so in your line of thinking its ok to cheat ... and screw the other team out of lots of dollars... sure glad you do not have anything with over seeing any rules of any kind of sports..

and has it ever occurred to you if you don't like these posts... DON'T READ THEM !!! :rolleyes:

osm

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-24-2015, 05:16 PM
:gaah:...What I find amazing is .......................................This is now almost as big a deal as what occurred in Furgeson Mo. a couple of months ago.........................They've obviously run out of NEWS !!!!!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack :......Mike

kep-up
01-24-2015, 05:48 PM
has it ever occurred to you.. that going to the Super Bowl means at least a HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS PER PLAYER FOR THE LOSING TEAM.. ..
so in your line of thinking its ok to cheat ... and screw the other team out of lots of dollars... sure glad you do not have anything with over seeing any rules of any kind of sports..

and has it ever occurred to you if you don't like these posts... DON'T READ THEM !!! :rolleyes:

osm

Thank you for helping make my point about overpaid sports heros.
And No, it's never OK to cheat. Not ever. Not in sports or marriage or business or government.

Bob Denman
01-24-2015, 06:31 PM
:D Okay; who wants some ice cream??? :D

bmccaffrey
01-24-2015, 07:09 PM
There is no evidence of any (cheating ) as of yet.
So many of yous are the judge ,jury, and executioner.

Constitution i believe says innocent till proven quilty.
:banghead:

Lets move on. GET ON WITH THE SUPER BOWL:yes:

IdahoMtnSpyder
01-24-2015, 07:53 PM

osm
The way I see it, osm, is you are a passionate follower of sports, particularly pro football. All kep is trying to say, I believe, and I tend to agree with him, is that in the grand scheme of American society the devotion and emphasis on sports is misplaced. There are many issues this society faces such as children not getting an education on par with other developed nations, millions of citizens who do not receive adequate medical care, bridges and highways that have deteriorated beyond their intended useful life, politicians who pass laws to perpetuate their own welfare, and on and on and on. Media, and a large part of society, prefer to look at, and support, the fun part of life - movies, music, and sports, and not pay attention to the really serious problems that eat away at the fabric of society.

I will say there is nothing wrong with supporting sports and entertainment, that is, as long as it is done without injuring the health and welfare of society as a whole. There's no question sports and entertainment add to the enjoyment of life and that is good. It's just that folks like kep and me see the widespread attention by the media to the issue of possible cheating in a major game as symptomatic of today's societal priorities that put sports such as the NFL games on a higher priority level than what we believe is healthy for the economy and civic awareness of this country.

cuznjohn
01-24-2015, 07:57 PM
i personally am just a athletic supporter

OJ UK
01-24-2015, 08:00 PM
I used to have an 'athletic support'.....:roflblack:

jimnsusie
01-24-2015, 09:43 PM
Let's go

ARtraveler
01-25-2015, 03:17 PM
:D Okay; who wants some ice cream??? :D