PDA

View Full Version : F3 aftermarket

coz
01-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Is anyone developing windshields for the f3 ? :popcorn:

SPYD3R
01-23-2015, 04:49 PM
GAWD, I HOPE SO COZ........
I ORDERED MY F3-S WITH THE 'ROUTE 66' WINDSHIELD, AND A WEEK LATER I WAS TOLD THAT THIS WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.....
WHA'SUP'WIT'DAT, i said....... :dontknow: :gaah: :lecturef_smilie: :banghead:
Dan p
SPYD3R

dguisinger
01-23-2015, 05:16 PM
GAWD, I HOPE SO COZ........
I ORDERED MY F3-S WITH THE 'ROUTE 66' WINDSHIELD, AND A WEEK LATER I WAS TOLD THAT THIS WINDSHIELD HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED.....
WHA'SUP'WIT'DAT, i said....... :dontknow: :gaah: :lecturef_smilie: :banghead:
Dan p
SPYD3R

I want aftermarket rigid saddlebags that can hold more than a rabbit turd and still use the CanAm attachment points....

spyderyderjim
01-23-2015, 05:40 PM

Yes. https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=88

Contact Don as he was asking awhile back what size, height, width, vents, etc F3 ryders wanted.
Jim

zuni
01-23-2015, 06:58 PM
We picked up our F3s today and had them install the Blue Ridge windscreen. Makes load of difference over the demo we had with no windscreen. The 160 mile ride back to Jacksonville was a lot more comfortable and would have been even better without the RAIN.

CJ JAX101185

miltonb
01-23-2015, 08:13 PM
We picked up our F3s today and had them install the Blue Ridge windscreen. Makes load of difference over the demo we had with no windscreen. The 160 mile ride back to Jacksonville was a lot more comfortable and would have been even better without the RAIN.

CJ JAX101185I hope the way it is shaped doesn't take away from riding in the rain. I have had some really great rides in the rain. not getting too wet, people parked on side of road looking at me like I'm crazy, and once and awhile feeling like I'm on a jet ski.

coz
01-23-2015, 08:22 PM

CJ JAX101185 that w/ s looks like it would do a decent job with the bikes lower seating position. Any head buffeting ?

zuni
01-23-2015, 08:47 PM
that w/ s looks like it would do a decent job with the bikes lower seating position. Any head buffeting ?
Slight but then I was spoiled by the RT. MUCH better than without one. I learned the hard way during a demo ryde just how non-aerodynamic a helmet is when turned sideways. Problem gone with the windscreen.

CJ JAX

Colin
01-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Slight but then I was spoiled by the RT. MUCH better than without one. I learned the hard way during a demo ryde just how non-aerodynamic a helmet is when turned sideways. Problem gone with the windscreen.

CJ JAX

It looks very similar to an ST Screen, could it be the same?

RPM
01-27-2015, 12:28 AM

CJ JAX101185

Glad you're enjoying your new F3. Can't wait for mine! Can I ask how tall you are as I would like to get a sense for the wind protection I'd get. I'm 5'8"

Thanks!
Robert

OJ UK
01-27-2015, 09:31 AM
Glad you're enjoying your new F3. Can't wait for mine! Can I ask how tall you are as I would like to get a sense for the wind protection I'd get. I'm 5'8"

Thanks!
Robert

I'm 5'8" also and I think that the blue Ridge screen will be fine. If it is too low I'll simply add something like a Laminar lip which is an inexpensive mod.

zuni
01-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Thanks!
Robert

I'm 5'10" so you will have a little more protection from buffeting.

CJ JAX

RPM
01-27-2015, 02:01 PM
I'm 5'10" so you will have a little more protection from buffeting.

CJ JAX

Thank you! Good to know.

daveinva
01-27-2015, 08:14 PM
I'd be shocked if Madstad didn't come out with an F3 mount-- they make windshields for everything.

F4 Customs
01-29-2015, 10:46 AM
OK gang I need some feedback on the windshield you would like to see on the new F3. If you have your F3 and have a few miles on it I would like to hear some feed back on how the windshield you have is performing and what you think would make it better. We are into discussion at this time.
Don Frank
F4 Customs
330-968-4644

den1953
01-29-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm six feet tall so probably the Blue Ridge would be too short in height for me. The Laminar Lip might help or maybe even an adjustable bracket to be able to raise the windshield on. Mastad has this for their windscreens. Otherwise I'm thinking +2 or +3 inches to whatever height the Blue Ridge is while keeping distortion to a minimum.

dreid999
05-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Don Frank of F4 Customs is getting ready to do a production run on a F3 Windshield....:yes:

dreid999
05-25-2015, 09:39 AM
OK gang I need some feedback on the windshield you would like to see on the new F3. If you have your F3 and have a few miles on it I would like to hear some feed back on how the windshield you have is performing and what you think would make it better. We are into discussion at this time.
Don Frank
F4 Customs
330-968-4644

Have the short windshield for looks, have done a trip from SC to Central Florida and Texas, all this windshield does is throw the wind sheer directly into my face. As for the trucks I still have a crick in my neck from the BOBBLE HEAD, I am 5'6" so I would say a minimum of 20" tall as my present one is 14". Hurry...

Blickdave
05-25-2015, 10:15 AM
I've had my new windshield for 2 weeks and love it. I'm 6'3" and installed the 22" Madstad windscreen. Go to www.madstad.com

Firefly
05-25-2015, 10:48 AM
Coming from an RT, when I make the jump to an F3, an adjustable shield is going to be a must have. The Madstad mounting system looks and works great.... Just not sure about how their shields work and look. Ideally using the Madstad mount and an F4 shield might be cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue Hawk
05-27-2015, 10:41 AM
I want aftermarket rigid saddlebags that can hold more than a rabbit turd and still use the CanAm attachment points....

True, it needs to at least hold a cat turd. You never know when you will need on out on the road. :doorag: