PDA

View Full Version : Tires losing pressure

pitzerwm
01-23-2015, 04:18 PM
Its finally warm enough for ME to ride (for one day) when I checked the tire pressure the next morning, (it was cold), they were really low. I blew them to the right pressure and checked it the next morning. All three tires were down a pound. I just got the bike so no experience with the tires, they do have plenty of wear left. There is a mark on the tire where the valve is, so someone has taken the tires off the rim.

Any thoughts?

Cruzr Joe
01-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Its finally warm enough for ME to ride (for one day) when I checked the tire pressure the next morning, (it was cold), they were really low. I blew them to the right pressure and checked it the next morning. All three tires were down a pound. I just got the bike so no experience with the tires, they do have plenty of wear left. There is a mark on the tire where the valve is, so someone has taken the tires off the rim.

Any thoughts?

I would check the valve stems to be sure they are tight, BUT ............... we all seem to lose a little pressure occasionally, so don't be too concerned but check periodically.

Cruzr Joe

SpyderAnn01
01-23-2015, 05:08 PM
I can understand your tires being low if you hadn't ridden in a while and the temps are low but to lose a pound overnight is odd.

MisterP
01-23-2015, 05:41 PM
On an average car tire, lowering the temperature 10 F can reduce tire pressures 2-3 psi. Our Spyder tires are smaller than that, so are more sensitive to temperature changes. I check mine whenever the weather changes.

Bob Denman
01-23-2015, 06:00 PM
If it were my bike; I'd just check to make sure that the valves were fully tightened in place within the stems...

BajaRon
01-23-2015, 06:28 PM
If they all lost the same amount of pressure it's most likely temperature related and not a leakage issue. You should check your valve stems for leakage but otherwise, unless you're getting different amounts of loss you're probably fine. Just make sure they are at correct pressure before you ride.

Chupaca
01-23-2015, 07:36 PM
if you have big temp changes you need to check the pressure more often. You are fine with a pound here and there just set the tires before ryding if there has been big drop or rise in temp...:thumbup: winter months here can get cold at higher temps and when we ryde up 6,000 feet I notice steering getting heavy but all clears up as we come back down...

pitzerwm
01-23-2015, 11:42 PM
It's been a couple of days and no farther pressure loss, must have been the temp. Thanks for all of the comments.