PDA

View Full Version : Patent filed for new Honda leaning reverse trike

daveinva
01-22-2015, 04:11 PM
Based off their NC platform... hmmm. :coffee:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/honda-files-patents-for-leaning-three-wheeled-motorcycle/26164.html

ARtraveler
01-22-2015, 04:15 PM
Very interesting! Honda has been coming out with some good stuff of late.

My only question would be, what size engine. If on a 750 cc platform frame, they may run into being a bit underpowered.

We think the 998 Rotax is a little small and like the 1330 a lot. :popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
01-22-2015, 05:25 PM
:agree: It'll need more "Hot Sauce" in the engine compartment... :bbq:

daveinva
01-22-2015, 05:30 PM
Very interesting! Honda has been coming out with some good stuff of late.

My only question would be, what size engine. If on a 750 cc platform frame, they may run into being a bit underpowered.

We think the 998 Rotax is a little small and like the 1330 a lot. :popcorn::popcorn:

If they use an open-air front end like the Yamaha 01GEN concept or the aftermarket Tremoto design, they can probably get quite a bit out of a 750 without having a giant frunk's-worth of plastic forcing air aside. Secret is keeping it "tight and light".

That said, that 750 is already like the Honda Accord of engines, i.e. it's not the most exciting powerplant out there. But it might be more than enough for a trike potentially significantly lighter than the RS.

Chupaca
01-22-2015, 06:36 PM
from the schematics it looks to be another scooter. If its a honda should be a good one but you will have to lock it in or it will fall over...:roflblack:

spacetiger
01-23-2015, 12:12 AM
It will be superior to the Italian offering.

I I think it will sell worldwide better than the Itialian offering.

have you guys seen the 4 wheel scooter offering? It's cool

jerry