PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where this question belongs but

Trap
11-03-2008, 08:35 AM
:banghead: :dontknow: Took off the top panel in front of the seat to get some wiring in place for the future, no problem there but here is where I hit a snag. One of the plactic pins ( not sure what they're called) disappeared, can't find it anywhere, believe it's inside the bike somewhere, have looked and looked but no go. So here's the questions, does anyone know where one can get at least one but maybe a handful for replacement in the future. Do believe that where the pin is messing is not detrimental but would like to have one there. Any help in this matter is appreciated. TIA. :mad: :sour: :dontknow:

NancysToy
11-03-2008, 08:59 AM
They are called plastic rivets. Many varieties, and available from several souces, including bike catalogs, some hardware stores, automotive stores, and even an auto body shop might take mercy on you and give you a couple. To match it up in style and diameter your best bet is still your BRP dealer, however. The ones one the Spyder are the easiest type to remove without damage and reuse.
-Scotty

Lamonster
11-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Not sure if these are the same size or not. :dontknow:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=2369&str=4&ID=318365489

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=2368&str=4&ID=318365489

Trap
11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks, a little slow in knowing the name of some parts but I know that there are those that understand what you describe. Now that I have some direction I will ask those sources. Thanks to one and all for the help, hope one day I can return the favor....:2thumbs:

Putt-Putt
11-03-2008, 09:32 AM
They look the same as the ones on my Suzuki Vinson. I don't know if they are the right diameter or length though.

effgjamis
11-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Pull the remaining and go to NAPA... they have various sizes.. that is where I got my spares..

:banghead: :dontknow: Took off the top panel in front of the seat to get some wiring in place for the future, no problem there but here is where I hit a snag. One of the plactic pins ( not sure what they're called) disappeared, can't find it anywhere, believe it's inside the bike somewhere, have looked and looked but no go. So here's the questions, does anyone know where one can get at least one but maybe a handful for replacement in the future. Do believe that where the pin is messing is not detrimental but would like to have one there. Any help in this matter is appreciated. TIA. :mad: :sour: :dontknow:

Trap
11-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Just got through to my dealer, they have a hand full of these as they are used on the Can-Am ATV's as well, Thanks for the help and suggestions. Will be picking up a few as they are located on the other side of town.