PDA

View Full Version : MISO HORNY... and RED

Motza
11-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Ok, can anyone share some installation ideas where to place the Hella Supertone horns on my Red Spyder? Wonder if they'll be a need for a relay, or just plug and blow (the horn)

www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/hella-supertone/ (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/hella-supertone/)

Motza
11-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Ok, can anyone share some installation ideas where to place the Hella Supertone horns on my Red Spyder? Wonder if they'll be a need for a relay, or just plug and blow (the horn)

www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/hella-supertone/ (http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-horns/hella-supertone/)
:dontknow:

NancysToy
11-03-2008, 08:51 AM
To be safe, you will need a relay, and probably an auxillary fuse block, such as the Evoluzione Powerbus. This is not something you should just try blindly, without knowing the Spyder wiring, the horn requirements, and how to wire and install it.
-Scotty

Motza
11-03-2008, 06:12 PM
To be safe, you will need a relay, and probably an auxillary fuse block, such as the Evoluzione Powerbus. This is not something you should just try blindly, without knowing the Spyder wiring, the horn requirements, and how to wire and install it.
-Scotty
Thanks for the heads up. I was told today from the dealer, best not to make any mods while under warranty unless it's a mod offered by Can Am.
Possibly could be a problem...wonder if his advise is sound...what do you think Scotty?:dontknow:

The dealer said he would'nt install a new horn if it was him.

NancysToy
11-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I was told today from the dealer, best not to make any mods while under warranty unless it's a mod offered by Can Am. Possibly could be a problem...wonder if his advise is sound...what do you think Scotty? :dontknow: The dealer said he would'nt install a new horn if it was him.
I would probably pass on the horn, because the Spyder horn seems to be far better than most motorcycles. Accessory horns pull a lot of power, and wiring can get to be a pain. Just too much bother for the amount of return, in my book. Others here have seen things differently, I just have too many other toys to tinker with.

On the other hand, the dealer is way off base on the mods. Unless a modification can be proven to have directly caused a failure, it is against Federal law to void any part of the warranty. If a mod does cause a failure, only the affected part(s) can be voided, the remainder of the warranty remains in full effect. So, if installing a horn caused the horn to fail, it is your problem, if it causes the wiring to burn up, also your problem. If the transmission fails, dealer's problem. Lots of them try this scare tactic, don't let that baloney stand in your way. You can bolt on anything you want, as long as it (or your work) does not cause the warranty issue.
-Scotty