PDA

View Full Version : Recent MVA

bruiser
01-21-2015, 02:37 PM
http://www.wral.com/raleigh-woman-faces-second-degree-murder-charge-in-motorcyclist-s-death/14375517/

ARtraveler
01-21-2015, 02:41 PM
Sad indeed for the man killed by the drunk. Let us hope that justice is served up here.

Big F
01-21-2015, 03:05 PM
http://www.wral.com/raleigh-woman-faces-second-degree-murder-charge-in-motorcyclist-s-death/14375517/

The judicial system needs to put this chick in jail and throw the keys away!!!
We have a situation pending in Omaha where an 83 year old man turned in front of a motorcyclist and killed him. the police say his age was not a factor but they have delayed charging him also???????????? something smells here.
THE BIG F

Bob Denman
01-21-2015, 03:14 PM
:gaah: The stupidity of these people is staggering! :banghead:

Oldmanzues
01-22-2015, 10:23 AM
I would think they had a solid case with all these facts. I would save 1sr degree would be better charge, but hope she is convicted and put away for awhile. sound like she has respect for the law at all.
Oldmanzues

mowin
01-22-2015, 11:43 AM
So sad.

The main issue is people who loose there license, continue to drive. How do you stop people from doing this.:dontknow:... I know of several people in my area that had no license and got caught a second time, and some, even a third time. Tossing them in jail for a while doesn't seem to work. Wish there was a easy solution.

Bob Denman
01-22-2015, 12:34 PM
How about breaking every bone in both of their hands?
It'll make it tough to either hold a shot glass, OR a steering wheel! :thumbup:

Chupaca
01-22-2015, 12:56 PM
once you loose your license they should tag you and track you...it is really a tough one. Outside of putting a nanny on them they just repeat till there is a fatality and they are put in jail. Problem is they get out and many continue...:dontknow:

mowin
01-22-2015, 01:20 PM
How about breaking every bone in both of their hands?
It'll make it tough to either hold a shot glass, OR a steering wheel! :thumbup:

That would work, but then the gooberment would have to take care of them ( meaning WE would by paying for them)

Pennyrick
01-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Fit vehicles with an ignition reader. Your state issued license is imbedded with a chip that is read by the vehicle's black box and once you slide it in you are good to go. No valid license means no signal to the ignition to start it up.

This would cause all kinds of headaches for parking lot attendants, car wash personnel, etc. but IMO if they aren't licensed I don't want them driving my vehicle anyway.

ARtraveler
01-22-2015, 03:28 PM
A very big problem with repeat offenders. Have seen several three plus repeat offenders kill people. Alaska has a big alcohol problem. Taking away the license or car, forbidding them to drive, none of the above work with a determined drunk driver.

A sixty year old lady (repeat offender--three times) killed a person her last time around. She finally got jail time. About 15 years. IMO--not enough--even considering her age.

bronzeflex42
01-22-2015, 03:37 PM
Sad for the motorcycle rider. Condolence to his family..:pray:

Orange Spyder Man
01-22-2015, 06:58 PM
The judicial system needs to put this chick in jail and throw the keys away!!!
We have a situation pending in Omaha where an 83 year old man turned in front of a motorcyclist and killed him. the police say his age was not a factor but they have delayed charging him also???????????? something smells here.
THE BIG F

put her in jail.. NOPE ...why should taxpayers foot the bill to the tune of over $35,000.00/year to keep her in jail.. ? .... execute her... done deal.. she will never kill another innocent person... no need for her to be wasting perfectly good oxygen on planet earth..........

osm

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
01-23-2015, 08:59 AM
repeat offenders need jail time, if they are in an accident of any type they need jail time in years not months
whether there is physical injury or not, no sympathy because the person has family or not!!

kep-up
01-23-2015, 09:18 AM
Jail time? Nah, too expensive. How about public humiliation?
Why don't we bring back the stocks and pillory?
How about public floggings?

Inhumane treatment? Wouldn't you say that repeat offenders resulting in death might be considered "inhumane treatment" of innocent humans?

jcthorne
01-23-2015, 09:32 AM
I have always thought that we should drastically increase the community service portion of our penal system. Patterned after the CCC from the 30s. There are LOTS of public works projects that need labor to get done. Many of these felons are actually professionals, put their abilities to work for the state.