PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to NMN risers

flyjake
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I just had to add my accolades to NMN for the risers they produce. Received my well-finished, accurately milled, 3" black-powdered risers about a week before I was told they would arrive. Put them on yesterday; took about 2 hours. I already had the 1" riser installed by the dealer, so the tie-wraps were pretty much gone. I did snake the reverse wire backwards and then out again so I could maneuver it around some wires to gain it a bit more slack. I rotated the risers forward so the splits lined up with the splits between the top and bottom steering panels. That gave me enough forward tilt while leaving me enough slack left turn and right turn.
Today I took it out for a couple of hours (44 degrees(!): I now sit back against the seat, my neck doesn't get a krick in it from keeping my head up, my lower back is more relaxed, and I can see better through my mirrors because my elbows are pulled in a bit more. My medium CalSci windshield still does the same fine job as before redirecting the wind, and still no helmet buffeting. I go into the turns more sharply, but I do need to pull down a bit more to lower my center of gravity. Steering control is still excellent! (For comparison sake, I am 5'7" with 32" shirt length.) I have just been amazed by the significant improvement, and had to tell someone!:2thumbs:

WizardMaster
11-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Thank for the :2thumbs:. We strive to give our customers the best service/products as possible. Glad to hear that you enjoy riding your :spyder:more. Now :nopic: