PDA

View Full Version : 2011 RT Limited electronic parking brake will not release.

Patriotsoldier
01-20-2015, 03:31 PM
My 2011 RT Limited electronic Parking Brake will not release. Only 3000 miles and all services up to date. Cannot figure out how to release it so I can get it on the trailer to the dealer. Called the closest authorized dealer (Broward Motor Sports of Palm Beach, FL). They said they did not know what to tell me?????????????? Any ideas out there? New to this site.

Bob Denman
01-20-2015, 03:37 PM
Try taking a look at the rear brake caliper. (RH side)
You'll see the parking brake cable that comes off of it; back-track that to the pulley.
It might have just slipped off of it. :shocked:

Patriotsoldier
01-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Will Try.

jtoro1
01-20-2015, 04:04 PM
My 2011 RT Limited electronic Parking Brake will not release. Only 3000 miles and all services up to date. Cannot figure out how to release it so I can get it on the trailer to the dealer. Called the closest authorized dealer (Broward Motor Sports of Palm Beach, FL). They said they did not know what to tell me?????????????? Any ideas out there? New to this site.

Take the cable off the pulley in the back brake , the front cable came off the pulley easy fix.

Highwayman2013
01-20-2015, 04:22 PM
Check at the back brake first. If the cable is on the rear the front is probably off. You have to remove the right side panels to see that.

Patriotsoldier
01-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Check at the back brake first. If the cable is on the rear the front is probably off. You have to remove the right side panels to see that.

Thanks all! I did not mention in original post that it sat for 2 months. Had newly moved in and did not know anyone to take it for a spin every week while I was gone out of town. Turned out to be a little rust foul. Got it going and will be doing a major cleaning and and lubing job this weekend before taking it to the dealer for a check up next week. Florida humidity and salt air can be heck on Bikes!

Smitty

Highwayman2013
01-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Great!

MyEleanor
01-20-2015, 05:18 PM
This is why this is such a great forum. The guy posts a problem he is having and within an hour and a half he gets good advice and solves his problem. Sweet.