PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Recalls

Roadster Renovations
01-20-2015, 06:53 AM
Let the consumer testing begin......

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/safety-alert-2015-polaris-slingshot-stop-sale-stop-ride-notice-issued?src=SOC&dom=tw

rnet
01-20-2015, 07:05 AM
Looks like a good company, found this in 2 months from when sales started on there own without government intervention. Took BRP 3 years to recall theirs for steering issues, it used to be a real big topic here.

Saluda
01-20-2015, 07:22 AM
I believe the article I was reading said 2014 was a record year for vehicle recalls. Something like 1 out of 5 vehicles on the road were recalled in one way or another.

BajaRon
01-20-2015, 08:19 AM
This is not a manufacturer issue, per se. It is a supplier quality control issue. I have run into this myself with the few products I make. And I'm sure others have as well.

It is not uncommon these days to spec out and receive pre-production product for testing, etc., that are exactly what you ordered and high quality. Then you go into production and a parts supplier somewhere along the line is not so careful with train car loads of product as they were with the few samples produced in the beginning. It is a HUGE headache because, though there may only be a relative few 'Bad' parts. You don't know which ones they are. So you go into semi-panic mode and big time damage control with customer perception. Especially with safety related issues.

Of course it all comes back to the manufacturer, as it should, so my opening statement is a technicality which will do Polaris little good. But this explains how an otherwise good company can sell a poor product at times.

Roadster Renovations
01-20-2015, 11:04 AM
This is not a manufacturer issue, per se. It is a supplier quality control issue. I have run into this myself with the few products I make. And I'm sure others have as well.

It is not uncommon these days to spec out and receive pre-production product for testing, etc., that are exactly what you ordered and high quality. Then you go into production and a parts supplier somewhere along the line is not so careful with train car loads of product as they were with the few samples produced in the beginning. It is a HUGE headache because, though there may only be a relative few 'Bad' parts. You don't know which ones they are. So you go into semi-panic mode and big time damage control with customer perception. Especially with safety related issues.

Of course it all comes back to the manufacturer, as it should, so my opening statement is a technicality which will do Polaris little good. But this explains how an otherwise good company can sell a poor product at times.

Same thing happens with 4 wheelers all the time. Any business is only as good as it's worst supplier/manufacturer/installer/engineer, ect., ect.

Chupaca
01-20-2015, 11:27 AM
good to know they are on it and hope this is all the problems they will have. But like Ron said its not all them as the suppliers so random testing on all parts supplied should go on constantly...hope there back on the road soon. They are still running around here saw a couple on my sunday ryde....:lecturef_smilie:

ARtraveler
01-20-2015, 01:58 PM
It is a tough situation when you are held down by suppliers that cannot make a consistent on spec product.

Great to see how quickly Polaris is addressing the situation. That will help with customer confidence, for sure. Were I in the market, I would not be scared off by the current situation.

hillybillyheaven
01-22-2015, 10:11 AM

That makes total sense,,,seems it happens to every company,,,bad parts are beyond their control...