PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet in Maggie Valley N.C. 6/10-6/14

blacklightning
01-19-2015, 10:30 AM
This is actually a repost from one that I started on the NC section. If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm for additional information.

Actually, this is for our annual M109 riders premeet that we schedule every year. We have a great group of guys and girls that normally get together and ride the area for 3-4 days. They come from as far north as Canada, and as far south as Florida. Over the past 6 years, a few of us (myself included) have switched rides. Some still have M109's, some have Harleys, some have concours 14's, and yes, this year there will be atleast 2 can am spyders. We will be leaving on wednesday and taking a leisurely trip over to Maggie Valley. After settling in, we normally just check out the town on the 1st day and prepare for the rest of the week. Thursdays are our day to do the hot spots such as the Dragon, Cherohola Skyway, etc.. We do this since we try to avoid the crazies on the weekend. Friday and Saturday we play it by ear and go wherever the wind blows us. Sunday is just a quick meal, and heading home. There will be all types of riding styles, and groups for you to run with. I usually spend 2 of the days to enjoy the sites and ride, while 1 of the days is used for a more run and gun type of riding. Pretty much any hotels along SoCo road in Maggie Valley will get you close to us. Some are even staying in Cherokee, and a couple in Gatlinburg. If you think you would be interested in going for even a part of the time, please post up so that maybe we spyder people can get together. If you think you might be staying, you might want to get a room reserved. Not sure what is going on that week, but hotels are filling up pretty fast. We seem to get our best deals going through Booking.com. There will also be a lot of M109 guys at a place called the Valley Inn, but they only make reservations over the phone. Hope to see some of you guys there.