PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard light / passenger backrest question

Siara
01-19-2015, 04:58 AM
Hey everyone,

We recently went to take a look at the Spyder F3 because the hubby was very interested in seeing it live. He found a comfortable position when testing out the U-fit system so it's on his future bikes list for now together with a few other two-wheelers.

However when we came home he had a few more questions he forgot to ask the dealers and asked me if I could ask the knowledgeable people of Spyderlovers.

1) Is there any kind of light source behind the windscreen (when installed)? The flyers and brochures keep showing a small light just behind the windscreen and hubby was wondering if it was a little extra something. It could just be our imagination or a bad photoshop error on their part but we were wondering...

2) Is the 'touring escape package' an actual package where you guys and girls live or do you have to order each add-on seperatly?

3) When messing around with the passenger backrest on the F3 we noticed that it was very easily detachable which is off course handy for switching around riding solo or two-up. The hubby however was worried about theft, is there a way to lock it in place so a stranger can't get it off that easily when parked somewhere?

And then one from my side of the fence: I found it annoying to crawl onto the F3 as I was used to my RT. Put my foot on the passenger pegs, swung the leg over and tried to find the correct place to sit before positioning my feet forward. It's definitly not for me but I was wondering if there were others who had issues with crawling on it.

Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise on the matter. :thumbup:

Chupaca
01-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Not sure about the light source and why they would even need one. Could be a reflection or something like that.
Securing the backrest would have to be a diy project if theft is a big problem. The parts are not easily sellable being specific to that model. Have not seen it up close but I'm sure there is a way.
All packages are add ons and you must order them seperately and pay for installation..:gaah:dealer will install them at delivery if ordered.
Have heard many mention the mounting and dismounting is something they would have to get used to. To bad they don't have the memory seat positioning like in some cars.
But everyone that likes the F3 find this minor and are just chomping at the bit..:popcorn:

MMMII
01-19-2015, 12:19 PM
In the official Can-Am youtube vids (to lazy to link to right now) about F3 accessories (the one with Carmen). Mentioned that the backrests have an "anti-theft" feature built in (although the vid doesn't go into detail about how it works).

Outporter
01-19-2015, 12:40 PM
Hey everyone,

We recently went to take a look at the Spyder F3 because the hubby was very interested in seeing it live. He found a comfortable position when testing out the U-fit system so it's on his future bikes list for now together with a few other two-wheelers.

However when we came home he had a few more questions he forgot to ask the dealers and asked me if I could ask the knowledgeable people of Spyderlovers.

1) Is there any kind of light source behind the windscreen (when installed)? The flyers and brochures keep showing a small light just behind the windscreen and hubby was wondering if it was a little extra something. It could just be our imagination or a bad photoshop error on their part but we were wondering...

2) Is the 'touring escape package' an actual package where you guys and girls live or do you have to order each add-on seperatly?

3) When messing around with the passenger backrest on the F3 we noticed that it was very easily detachable which is off course handy for switching around riding solo or two-up. The hubby however was worried about theft, is there a way to lock it in place so a stranger can't get it off that easily when parked somewhere?

And then one from my side of the fence: I found it annoying to crawl onto the F3 as I was used to my RT. Put my foot on the passenger pegs, swung the leg over and tried to find the correct place to sit before positioning my feet forward. It's definitly not for me but I was wondering if there were others who had issues with crawling on it.

Thank you in advance for sharing your expertise on the matter. :thumbup:

The accessories catalog (page 58) also indicates an Anti-theft feature.​

Tom in NM
01-19-2015, 01:01 PM

From my test ride and looking at the BRP site and brochures:

1) No light behind the windshield. The gauges, I assume, do have a light so you can see them at night.

2) When you order the F3 and specify the Touring Escape Package, it comes with all the accessories listed - installed. The BRP Spyder Build to Order webpage will show you the cost of the specific items, above the Base or F3-S models.

3) Yes, the backrest is an easy on & off, but you have to release the seat with the key to do that - so I consider it locked.

and yes, I experienced the same awkwardness in getting on and off. I start off using the passenger peg and swinging my leg over and then slide forward into the seat and the forward, putting my right foot into position. On the F3, I feel that I am 'sliding down into' position, not 'sitting up on' the seat. It is more like a bucket seat, not a saddle.

If, after a time, I don't adjust to the 'awkwardness', I will probably put a "mounting peg" in one of the unused U-Fit positions.