PDA

View Full Version : Crotch Rocket Surprise

Eagle1
01-18-2015, 08:55 PM
This morning, we took a ryde up a two lane road that every Sunday has been a raceway for the crotch rockets. Every Sunday I have traveled this road, I am usually passed by 6 to 8 crotch rockets, even though I am usually at or above the speed limit. This morning they got a little surprise. In less than a mile after they ripped by me, two men were on the side of the road with high end cameras taking pictures. I caught up with the riders less than a half mile, stopped by the side of the road talking. Don't know what happened after, but hopefully it was a wake call for them. I have seen them cut off other drivers. I had to pull to the side to let one in one time. Maybe the cameras will save a life.

Chupaca
01-18-2015, 09:58 PM
we have several places like that. Most cameramen in the area post the pictures for sale online by date and location. I understand they need a place to ryde as well and maybe get a bit wild so most of us know the hours they ryde and we work around them. True if they put up speed trap cameras they will have a busy staff till they move on to other locations....:dontknow:

MisterP
01-19-2015, 08:09 AM
High-end cameras sounds like photos for advertising, not speed enforcement. The riders stopped at the side of the road may have been setting up their next photo pass. Doesn't strike me as any deterrent for the rocket riders.

Orange Spyder Man
01-19-2015, 08:31 AM
why worry about them.. its their ride, life........... I live & let live .. to each their own

osm

bscrive
01-19-2015, 09:38 AM
why worry about them.. its their ride, life........... I live & let live .. to each their own

osm

You say that until one of them wipes out and hits your son's or daughter's car with your grandchild in it and they are hurt or killed.
These guys have no consideration for anything and are a menace on the roads. They should keep their speeding and tricks to a closed track.

ThreeWheels
01-19-2015, 09:45 AM
You say that until one of them wipes out and hits your son's or daughter's car with your grandchild in it and they are hurt or killed.
These guys have no consideration for anything and are a menace on the roads. They should keep their speeding and tricks to a closed track.

I agree 1001%.

Don't get me wrong, I don't ride like a poke, but.................

To me motorcycling is a recreational activity.
The SPORT of motorcycling belongs on a track built for it, not on the public roads.
To many chances to kill yourself, or worse, kill other innocent people.

Even in a car, if you see a Corvette doing 110 MPH, what do you think ?

Eagle1
01-19-2015, 03:17 PM
This was not a photo shoot. These guys looked like the property owners trying to get them to slow down. Many of the farms on this roads have driveways with trees lining the roads, making it tricky to pull out, then to dodge a crotch rocket doing 70-80 in a 45 is crazy. I think they had the better cameras to get quick pictures coming and going, including number plate. We had one this summer, a guy in his 20s weaving in and out of traffic at high speed and caught the side of an suv. No one else was hurt, but he did not go home. We drove by just after it happened, I could not see enough parts to identify it.

Buggy
01-19-2015, 04:16 PM
That's better than what the farmers did in my area. On a well known bike road they threw gravel across a curve to slow the bikes down. Property owner was arrested and charged by police as he should have been.

flaggerphil
01-19-2015, 05:10 PM

osm

That's great...except their riding often hurts others. That goes well beyond "live and let live."

Eagle1
01-19-2015, 05:39 PM
That's better than what the farmers did in my area. On a well known bike road they threw gravel across a curve to slow the bikes down. Property owner was arrested and charged by police as he should have been.

I agree that is wrong. A danger to all. I expect some Sunday to see a couple of Sherrif cars there to slow them down.