PDA

View Full Version : F3 question

kkcdcdc
01-18-2015, 07:39 AM
Wanting to ask anyone with an F3 a simple question.
How do these spyders come set up out of the crate with the new u-fit system?
What settings are standard so we know if there will be an added cost to set
These up to our size. What handle bar setting is stock. What foot peg setting
is stock.
My new F3 is in a crate and i am getting anxious.....
thanks...

Chupaca
01-18-2015, 10:00 AM
most vehilcles with adjustable components come set in the middle. How the assembly guys deal with that is a whole different thing. If the parts are to be installed at assembly the instructions will set them at the mid range. If you are at the dealership when it arrives you could have it set up at that time...:dontknow: about F3's I don't think anyone has gotten one yet. Did hear tuesday....:thumbup:

billybovine
01-18-2015, 10:28 AM
It's in their promotional material somewhere. They come from the factory with the "B" handlebars and the footpegs in position "3".

Tom in NM
01-18-2015, 01:22 PM
. . . the stock setting is 3. When I did the test drive, the stock setting was just fine. I am short, but other riders, taller than me, also felt that it was okay.

The dealership was pretty insistent that I try a longer and shorter setting though. They said it makes a world of difference and another one might be more comfortable and fit my riding style. They also said it would take just a few minutes to do the adjustments and customize the fit.

So, I am thinking that I might end up buying an extra brake linkage for a different style of riding, say long expressway trips or cross country. From looking at the U-fit system, it looks like a real easy and quick adjustment.

In looking at the handlebars, adjusting them up or down also look to be really easy and something I will probably tweak depending on how it feels after riding for a while. The stock bars were great for me.

Tom

bcoulter19
01-18-2015, 03:21 PM
At the demo ride I did yesterday they adjusted am F3 for a girl in about 5 minutes. From a 5 to about a 2.