PDA

View Full Version : Good News...Bad News...

aerialdal
11-01-2008, 11:51 PM
I received a call from my dealer today & he was invoiced for my Red SE Spyder which means it should be here next week.:2excited: That's the good news but it gets even better... It is going to be an 09 but I will only have to pay the 08 price that I was originally quoted.:clap:
Now the bad news..I just had knee surgery this week to put my knee cap back in place so not sure when I'll get to ride it. :( I guess the only consolation is the fact that it will be winter soon & wouldn't be able to ride it much anyways. :sour:

IMRU3
11-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Get well first. Therapy is needed after your surgery. The Spyder can wait. Meanwhile, maybe you can plan tons of ideas and accessories for the Spyder while waiting to get it, during healing time, or even during winter season. You will be a proud owner soon.:spyder:

bone crusher
11-02-2008, 03:53 AM
When you get close to finishing with your PT, go find a licensed Active Release Techniques (ART) practitioner in your area. This is one of the best soft tissue techniques in the world and it will re-progam your tissues far better than standard PT...you're likely going to have some residual scar tissue formation in your knee that will require deeper rehab...ART is used on virtually all professional sports teams for a reason!

Good luck and get ready to ride!

www.activerelease.com (http://www.activerelease.com)

NancysToy
11-02-2008, 08:04 AM
Don't let that Spyder lure you into its web before you are completely ready. My wife and I have some lousy knees, and have been trying to avoid additional surgeries for replacement of our hinges for a while now. The only complaint we have about the Spyder is that the width of it forces a rather unnatural riding positin, which is more or less knock-kneed. Some days it can get pretty painful, and limits our riding on those days. The Spyder will put stress on your knees that you don't want while you are healing. Get strong first. The Spyder will be in the garage when you are ready.
http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/getwell.gif
-Scotty

Smylinacha
11-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Well that is great news and don't worry, by Spring you'll be feeling better! You be all healed up just in time for next Riding Season :thumbup:

FANG
11-02-2008, 02:50 PM
welcome I know how you feel three weeks after getting my :spyder: I was down from a surgery. Couldn't ryde for three weeks but it was definitely worth the wait. Now I ryde unincomberred and with no pain.

:clap::yes::yes:

aerialdall
11-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks to everyone for your kind words & support. I did indeed take delivery of my Spyder a few weeks ago & was able to get on it for the 1st time today. The knee held up for about 8 miles & by then I was cold anyways. But WOW is all I can say! What a RUSH those few miles were. This will be a Thanksgiving I won't forget anytime soon. I can't wait until I'm healed & the weather is warmer. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!

NancysToy
11-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks to everyone for your kind words & support. I did indeed take delivery of my Spyder a few weeks ago & was able to get on it for the 1st time today. The knee held up for about 8 miles & by then I was cold anyways. But WOW is all I can say! What a RUSH those few miles were. This will be a Thanksgiving I won't forget anytime soon. I can't wait until I'm healed & the weather is warmer. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
:congrats: Enjoy the Ryde!
-Scotty

Big Arm
11-28-2008, 11:54 AM
welcome :nopic:

babyanlee
11-28-2008, 12:04 PM
:congrats:welcome

Roaddog2
11-28-2008, 03:38 PM
welcome:congrats: Knee first :spyder:Later:thumbup:

retread
11-28-2008, 09:01 PM
welcome the one thing I've discovered about my Spyder is; the more I ride it, the more I want to ride it. Please take it easy till things heal up, it's way too easy to mess yourself up royally having fun. Praying for your full recovery.
john