PDA

View Full Version : Fox Shocks

dguisinger
01-17-2015, 11:58 AM
What are the difference between the shocks that come with the F3-S and the optional adjustable podium shocks?
I had the adjustable podium shocks on my RSS but I'll be first to admit I never actually adjusted them
Is it worth the upgrade if I don't plan on adjusting them, or is their stock setting identical to the non-adjustable shocks that come with the F3?

Marker
01-17-2015, 01:00 PM
I would hold off on buying the fox shocks until you see how you like the performance of your F3 with stock shocks.
I cannot find any specs on the fox podium shocks on the fox web site except the rear shock for sale for the RT.http://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=moto&t=shocks&p=3346&ref=filter
One thing I like is that these shocks are rebuildable not throw away like the OEM shocks.

I am going to upgrade my 2015 RT shocks to the fox podium along with a Lamonster Garage sway bar as I do not like the body roll I experienced while riding two up on a 2014 RT Limited.

The adjustability is great to be able to tune to the way you ride and for your weight. When I snowmobiled I really liked being able to adjust the shocks to the way I rode.

OJ UK
01-17-2015, 07:47 PM
According to BRP's website the F3 has them as standard!

MikeT
01-17-2015, 09:27 PM
Hope this is not considered hijacking a thread. This is not my intention; but I'm a newB. I'm working on a deal for my first Spyder, a '15 RT Limited. The front FOX shocks are $600.00. Are these a necessity for riding 2-up 95% of the time? I've only read about the BaJa Ron sway bar. What is a Lamonster Garage sway bar?? IAre there any other sway bars that are used? I'm coming off a Level2 GL1800 trike. It's a pretty pricey proposition to add an intercom and XM radio from BRP.

Ben Burped
01-17-2015, 11:17 PM
I struggled with the exact same decisions. The Fox shocks helped lessen the sway but didn't fix it. The Baha Ron sway bar removed the rest of the sway while leaving a sweet, smooth ride. The CB / Intercom does a wonderful job of allowing me to talk with my wife behind me. I can't tell you anything about the CB as I have never heard another CB on any channel. All I have ever heard with the squelch lowered is static. Now on to the XM radio. The radio is a nice product and is controlled by the assembly at your left thumb and the channel information is displayed on the speedometer screen. You can save your 15 favorite channels to easily access with the touch of your thumb at highway speeds. Thats the good news. The bad news is the suggested mounting location for the XM antenna under the rear trunk lid. Riding one up is great. Riding two up is stressful as the passenger may block the antenna from being able to receive signal adequately. I tend to tire quickly of listening to the XM go silent and normally go to the AM/FM radio when riding two up. Unless you are very mechanical, I would have a professional do these installs for you as there is extensive disassembly required as well as the complete removal of the rear trunk assembly. Expensive upgrade yes, but worth it.

fispyder
01-18-2015, 07:00 AM
According to BRP's website the F3 has them as standard!

when a friend rode the basic model F3 it had the fox adjustable shocks on it. I assume that they are standard. Adjust them 2 your liken and go from there.

dguisinger
01-18-2015, 01:46 PM
when a friend rode the basic model F3 it had the fox adjustable shocks on it. I assume that they are standard. Adjust them 2 your liken and go from there.

There are clearly two different versions of the F3 Fox shocks.

When you go to configure your vehicle, the add on says:

FOX† FACTORY SERIES 1.5 PODIUM® R FRONT SHOCKS$ 794.99
Featuring spring-adjustable preload and a wide range of externally adjustable rebound damping, the PODIUM R shocks provide an infinite array of tuning options to comfortably suit your riding style

So there is clearly a difference between the add-on and the factory installed.

OJ UK
01-18-2015, 03:28 PM
The F3 Spec. states Fox Podium shocks on the F3:

http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/spyder/spyder-f3.html

HTH! :thumbup:

dguisinger
01-18-2015, 03:54 PM

Yes... I know they come with a set of Fox Podium shocks.

Hence the question in the first place (I'm sure I'm starting to sound like a broken record)

What are the difference between the STOCK Fox Podium shocks and the UPGRADE Fox Podium 1.5 Shocks that they sell?
They are clearly different, the upgrade is in the accessory catalog and in the Build It tool on the spyder website.
They are also included in the "muscle attitude" "package".

OJ UK
01-18-2015, 04:01 PM
Sorry! I'm suffering from terminal stupidity at the moment brought on by extreme jet-lag!
I would guess that the spring rate on the upgraded shocks is going to be generally stiffer
and more 'sporty'.....just a guess though.

dguisinger
01-21-2015, 07:17 PM
Looks like both versions of the Fox Podium shocks have an adjustable preload. The Podium 1.5 upgraded shocks seem to have an adjustable rebound dampening.

Marker
01-21-2015, 07:22 PM
Hope this is not considered hijacking a thread. This is not my intention; but I'm a newB. I'm working on a deal for my first Spyder, a '15 RT Limited. The front FOX shocks are $600.00. Are these a necessity for riding 2-up 95% of the time? I've only read about the BaJa Ron sway bar. What is a Lamonster Garage sway bar?? IAre there any other sway bars that are used? I'm coming off a Level2 GL1800 trike. It's a pretty pricey proposition to add an intercom and XM radio from BRP.

Lamonster sway bar is the same a Baja Ron sway bar . Just that Lamont sells them and the sway bar links say Lamonster on them instead of Bajon Ron on them.
Lamonster sway bar is gray in color not red.

Nyparrothead
03-18-2015, 04:03 AM

The one FRONT shocks on the F3 are a Fox Podium. They do not have a reseviour and the only adjustment is preload. The rear is a SACHS mono. There is an upgrade to a FOX Podium that has a reseviour and compression and rebound adjustable

mark

pauly1
03-18-2015, 06:17 AM
I have yet to receive my F3-S but I did order both sets. The rear shock had no adjustment for load or damping and seemed to be real soft sitting on the dealer floor. I intend to ride on the hot side so the rear was an easier decision.

For the front I was seeking adjustable damping. I will change out the front sway bar with a 2014 RT bar and purchase a set of heim joint links from BajaRon, Lamont or make a set. The RT sway bar is ~70% stiffer than the stock F3 bar. If I recall correctly, BajaRon makes the Lamonster sway bar. BajaRon's links are a set of heim joints bolted together; Lamonster links are billet aluminum with the heim joints inserted into the ends. IMHO, Lamonster's are more esthetic and showy, however, one can't really see them unless one gets down and looks for them.

See you down the road!
Wayne

tbol-4
04-07-2016, 01:26 AM
I cannot find any aftermarket shocks to fit my Can-Am 13 RT Limited.The fox shocks that I had was too short. Fox shocks that order was too short 16 inches in length and my 2013 RT limited is 20 inches in length.I need .information about this topic

jcthorne
04-07-2016, 07:38 AM
I cannot find any aftermarket shocks to fit my Can-Am 13 RT Limited.The fox shocks that I had was too short. Fox shocks that order was too short 16 inches in length and my 2013 RT limited is 20 inches in length.I need .information about this topic

Elka has what you need. Contact them or Pitbull and they will assemble a set and set them up for your weight and riding style. Big improvement on an RT.

CLH
04-27-2016, 05:38 AM
I would assume the difference is the expensive ones to be the air ride shocks and the other is not.

Mike Ard
04-27-2016, 10:34 AM
I would assume the difference is the expensive ones to be the air ride shocks and the other is not.

The upgraded fox shocks are not air adjustable. The fronts are dampening/rebound adjustable along with preload as are the rear but in addition the rear also has the remote reservoir.

i can't comment on which are better as I had all put on before I rode from the dealer. Also had the Baja Ron bar from the start. I can say that I love the set up and can hit corners as fast as I want with total control and comfort.