PDA

View Full Version : Taken the plunge...newbie from Rutland UK

ChinaPete
01-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Hello spyder lovers.....ordered my F3 S yesterday....hope to be riding March or April.
Been reading your comments for several months...soon be able to give my own findings..
Test rode ST and RT last year...but the F3 seems the better package for my needs.
Looking forward to future contacts and advice from seasoned and new spyder lovers.
Cheers

ChinaPete

PrairieSpyder
01-17-2015, 10:40 AM
Hello spyder lovers.....ordered my F3 S yesterday....hope to be riding March or April.
Been reading your comments for several months...soon be able to give my own findings..
Test rode ST and RT last year...but the F3 seems the better package for my needs.
Looking forward to future contacts and advice from seasoned and new spyder lovers.
Cheers

ChinaPete

:welcome: I can't wait till you get your F3 and post some pics.

Have you considered coming to SpyderFest in Springfield, MO, USA? Then we could meet you in person.

Chupaca
01-17-2015, 10:46 AM
glad you jumped in and posted with us. Congrats on your new purchase, you will send pictures when you take possesion..:2thumbs:

Purple Guy
01-17-2015, 10:48 AM
:congrats: & :welcome:

Lamonster
01-17-2015, 12:05 PM
:congrats:
I hope you love it as much as I do. :doorag:

SpyderAnn01
01-17-2015, 12:23 PM
:welcome:

ARtraveler
01-17-2015, 05:42 PM
:welcome: to the party. We will be looking forward to seeing some pictures and more about your impressions when the F3S arrives. That's the version with the scoops and looks like its going 200 standing still--right? :yes:

ChinaPete
01-17-2015, 05:45 PM
:welcome: I can't wait till you get your F3 and post some pics.

Have you considered coming to SpyderFest in Springfield, MO, USA? Then we could meet you in person.
Not thought to cross the pond....see how I get on....great to be a part of such a welcoming friendly group.

OJ UK
01-17-2015, 07:35 PM
I think it'll be April 'til we can get ours in the UK. I left my RS-S as a deposit with 158
as Matt gave me what I was looking for in PX.....that was in October! I've been Spyderless ever since :yikes:

100918 Oh and I'm going to SpyderFest again this year....It's wonderful!

ChinaPete
01-18-2015, 02:53 AM
I think it'll be April 'til we can get ours in the UK. I left my RS-S as a deposit with 158
as Matt gave me what I was looking for in PX.....that was in October! I've been Spyderless ever since :yikes:

100918 Oh and I'm going to SpyderFest again this year....It's wonderful!
Cheers OJ...
Will see Matt in next couple of weeks at 158.... Luckily only 15 minutes from me.
He is still waiting for options prices....interested to see if buying pack as in Touring Escape is cheaper than buying things individually???
Cheers

OJ UK
01-18-2015, 03:54 PM
Pete, Elsewhere on the F3 forum it has been suggested that indeed buying a package is cheaper than individual parts.
Which is fine if you want the whole package......I'm just going to fit the Blue Ridge screen, the Short Rail Back rest.
I shall wait until the after market guys come up with a louder pipe as the Akrapovic is over-priced! I may well stick with the stock
pipe. We'll have to meet up some time when we have our new Spyders! The UK forum is here: http://www.ukspyderweb.com/index.html

ChinaPete
01-19-2015, 01:10 AM
Pete, Elsewhere on the F3 forum it has been suggested that indeed buying a package is cheaper than individual parts.
Which is fine if you want the whole package......I'm just going to fit the Blue Ridge screen, the Short Rail Back rest.
I shall wait until the after market guys come up with a louder pipe as the Akrapovic is over-priced! I may well stick with the stock
pipe. We'll have to meet up some time when we have our new Spyders! The UK forum is here: http://www.ukspyderweb.com/index.html
Hi OJ....sounds good to me....I'm after screen with back rests,foot boards and saddlebags...not quite the full escape pack...no need for different alloys and seat.
See how Matt prices it all....on the forum seems like lots of F3 purchasers been offered 3rd and 4th warranty subject to deposit and order taken before end of this month?? I will speak with Matt again as this sounds good and I intend keeping spyder some time.
Cheers

OJ UK
01-19-2015, 02:54 AM
As far as I'm aware the extended warranties are offered using a 3rd party company (Best?) in the US and
it seems doubtful that they would offer cover for a UK bike. Warranty Direct covers my car and until I sold
it, my BMW R1150R, sadly they would not entertain my RS-S. I think we're going to have to ask Matt to
get in touch with them to try to get some sensible resolution on that. Maybe he has already sourced a company.

ChinaPete
01-19-2015, 01:08 PM
As far as I'm aware the extended warranties are offered using a 3rd party company (Best?) in the US and
it seems doubtful that they would offer cover for a UK bike. Warranty Direct covers my car and until I sold
it, my BMW R1150R, sadly they would not entertain my RS-S. I think we're going to have to ask Matt to
get in touch with them to try to get some sensible resolution on that. Maybe he has already sourced a company.
Hi OJ...
I'm sure that Matt would have info re warranties...as in a further business opportunity for 158...
As you're a senior member and previous spyder owner....I know bike sure supply insurance...there seems little choice in insurance companies as far as spyders are concerned...have you found this too??
cheers

Buggy
01-19-2015, 01:13 PM
:welcome::coffee::congrats:

OJ UK
01-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Hi OJ...
I'm sure that Matt would have info re warranties...as in a further business opportunity for 158...
As you're a senior member and previous spyder owner....I know bike sure supply insurance...there seems little choice in insurance companies as far as spyders are concerned...have you found this too??
cheers

Don't read too much into 'Senior Member' it just means that I talk a lot!
Yes, BikeSure / Adrian Flux have most of the Spyder insurance market but I think
that Carol Nash will soon be offering us cover. Another company which comes recommended by
another old hand is MCE.

chuck gross
01-19-2015, 11:36 PM
The BEST extended warranty is provided by BRP. They offered the ( BEST PLUS ) when my wife bought her 2011 RT that warranty covered all oil changes and service work for the first 24 months sadly they didn't offer the PLUS when I bought my 2013 STL so I just got the standard BEST extended warranty. Happy hunting

OJ UK
01-20-2015, 05:42 AM
The BEST extended warranty is provided by BRP. They offered the ( BEST PLUS ) when my wife bought her 2011 RT that warranty covered all oil changes and service work for the first 24 months sadly they didn't offer the PLUS when I bought my 2013 STL so I just got the standard BEST extended warranty. Happy hunting

Thanks Chuck....but sadly unavailable in the UK or anywhere outside the US of A.:sour:

ChinaPete
01-20-2015, 04:20 PM
Don't read too much into 'Senior Member' it just means that I talk a lot!
Yes, BikeSure / Adrian Flux have most of the Spyder insurance market but I think
that Carol Nash will soon be offering us cover. Another company which comes recommended by
another old hand is MCE.
Cheers OJ,
Got quotes...so that's another step taken
just a case of getting delivery dates ....hope to be riding in April...tho my order not placed as early as yours...so I imagine could be a longer wait.
Cheers

ChinaPete
01-20-2015, 04:25 PM
:welcome: to the party. We will be looking forward to seeing some pictures and more about your impressions when the F3S arrives. That's the version with the scoops and looks like its going 200 standing still--right? :yes:
Must admit....first glance does give it an aggressive muscle bound look!!
Test rides tho seems to show a more sedate,power as and when chilled out machine..